power LED of cabinet busted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooki

Broken In
im using a zebronics marco cabinet and the power LED which lights up the power button and the front grill has suddenly gone quite dull
it worked perfectly for about a week, all of a sudden it seems quite dim.
i called zebronics and asked them what the prob was, they said that the LED's got too much power into them and therfore have become weak and dim.
any idea where i can purchase blue LED's for the cabi? they seem really ordinary ones.... the ones u get in electrical shops for cars are too powerfull i think. where can i get the other ones in bangalore? i doubt sp road comp shops would keep them. if anyone knows pls tell me

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I'm not familiar with Zebronics cabinets and I don't know how they feed power to the LEDs, but LEDs should always be powered from a current source, that is, the current - and therefore the power - they consume should always be controlled in the design.

So, unless you have modified the way power is fed to the lighting system, any excessive power going to the LEDs is either caused by failure in the current controlling circuit, OR the design was defective from the start.

If the controlling circuit (which is usually very simple) has failed by itself, that should be covered by warranty. If the design was faulty, that is also the fault of the manufacturer.

In any case, LEDs of any standard colour should be available from most good electronics parts shops. I haven't been to Bangalore, but I heard that the electronics market is pretty good there.

OP
K

kooki

Broken In
thanks for ur reply.... the LED's in my cabi are directly connected to the power LED socket in the motherboard. the LEDS have actually only dimmed a bit, but it is noticiable. i guess ill get them replaced from an electrical shop, or get my cabi replaced cuz i dont wanna take any chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom