Power Failure and Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I have BSNL broadband connection. The problem is when there is a power failure the connection is lost and the modem restarts(though its connected to UPS)... Is there a way to keep it connected, in the power failure too??
BTW my UPS has a line in and a line out jack, if thats of any help...
Thanx.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
r u using the battery backup plug of ur ups? every ups have few backup points and 1/2 only surge protection points, may be u r using tht type point for ur modem

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
@ITTechPerson, yes its connected to the battery backup plug.
Also just noticed, that when light goes the telephone signal also gets disconnected, the modem doesnt restarts, only the telephone signal is lost... Is there anyway to keep the telephone signal alive during power failure?
Or anyone else facing such problem?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I am also having the same problem and my modem is connected to the socket with back up and I have tried both my UPSs. (Liebert-Emerson and Powercomm, both 600 VA and one used for monitor and the other for the system) What I feel is the reason is that the modem (mt 882) cant withstand the switch over time of the relays (when switching from mains to battery).
But in my case, it happens more due to power fluctuations and only rarely at the time of power failure.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
janitha said:
I am also having the same problem and my modem is connected to the socket with back up and I have tried both my UPSs. (Liebert-Emerson and Powercomm, both 600 VA and one used for monitor and the other for the system) What I feel is the reason is that the modem (mt 882) cant withstand the switch over time of the relays (when switching from mains to battery).
But in my case, it happens more due to power fluctuations and only rarely at the time of power failure.
My modem is UT-300R2U, but it doesnt restarts during fluctuations, only happens when power failure... The ADSL/Link/Act light goes off... and the telephone signal is lost!!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
In my case it seems there is no loss of telephone signal and the modem reconnects itself within 1-2 minutes.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm in my case only the telephone signal is lost and the modem stays on...
BTW can anyone tell me how to make use of line in and line out jacks provided in my UPS??
Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom