Potential Photoshop killer- Pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Pixel is another Photoshop like image editing software. It has most of the features of PS and you can also do some basic animation just like in ImageReady. Since the interface is similar to photoshop, getting used to it is simple.
Whats more it can run on Linux, MacOS, FreeBSD and many other OS.

And the final release price is just set at $79! that is approx. $400-500 less than PSCS2.

I suggest you won't try the beta version until the stable ver. is released.

News
Homepage

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Even I tried the Beta Its more like a Alpha version very unstable, eg If I maximize window its contents vanish and the prog wont even close.

eddie

El mooooo
I don't think an application developed by a single developer can even touch Photoshop...forget about killing it. Applications like these will never be good enough for serious graphic designers and for home users there are various free alternatives available.

azzu

AJJU
yup there were and are many applications realeased something similar to PTSHP
but no one slightly decreased the sales aRe uses OF ptshp

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Let's see. Adobe will seriously consider reducing the price of PhotoShop CS2 if Pixel
is as good as PhotoShop!!! PhotoShop is the defacto standard for Image-editing
software.

Last edited:
OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
JGuru said:
PhotoShop is the defacto standard for Image-editing
software.

I agree with this. Nobody wants to use any other alternatives. This name(and s/w too) has so much 'power'.
Still time will decide the 'fate'. When its stable version is released i will be eager to use it.

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Josan said:
4m where i can download it
Heres the link for download

But I recommend don't download the beta version. See their forum page. The beta has lots of bugs.
Either wait for official release or till then use Photoshop! :p

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Its so easy to use word like Photoshop Killer. And then there was none. Lots of similar software had come and gone but then there were none who could give it a fight ..
Word potential is too ambigious and uncertain. I think by the time people can come up to standards of photoshop with n numer of plugins Adobe PS already will have another version ready.

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
if someone can buy imaging software, they can opt for photoshop, and someone who can't, they can opt for photoshop. see what i mean?
no market for pixel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom