Post your latest Purchase

Geforce

Journeyman
Re: Post what you purchased.

vivekbabbudelhi said:
@ geforce congrats for your new set of speakers
i would like to ask you from where did you purchased them in delhi ??

im also from delhi im looking for a 5.1 set but im confused between artis x 10 mini & Logitech Z-5300
artis one has 8 inch driver and im a bass freak
currently i have altec lansing mx 5021 set but im out for a 5.1 set
ihave audiligy value 2 but really its not worth money

consumer level av products are better my old thompson hi fi set performs better sound reproduction than this audiligy card with altec lansing mx 5021
so get a good product to drive your 5.1 set test your set for bass with akons - i wanna love you from album konvict it will make your neighbours mad

If you are bass freak you will really love these speakers. Oh...what a coincident that was the first song i played with these speakers. And the ;-) low bass in that song sounds amazing with this. Not only in low bass it performs very well in power of enigma (old song), showing that it is good with beats as well.

I bought it from Nehru Place. (SMC International)

The only thing i didn't like is that the center speaker cannot be wall mounted. (A bad thing for all those who have LCD monitors), that was the only speaker i wanted to wall mount....but the rest can be mounted easily on the walls.

Also, no wireless remote for that much price.
All these are little things and no way deter a buyer from this set.

What I think is that the bass has to be toned down a little for this set and the frequency of the bass should also be adjusted (using creative sound card mixer) so that the low cut off frequency is even lower 'cause these speakers are capable of producing that and makes the bass more subtle.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter

thanks for that

i agree that for such a price a remote is appreciated even my altec lansing mx 5021 set came with a sleek IR remote
but dont you feel SMC International quotes price a little higher
for 2 instances he quoted altec lansing mx 5021 at 8.2k whereas i got it from computer empire for 8k & liteon combo for 1200
whereas i got it from computer empire for 1100rs

ok aside that off
from my pesonal experiance i can say you should perhaps get a good dvd player with a good amplifier it will rock with your set

Soumyajit

Novice
Assembled Desktop In Cochin

hi all

i bought my PC on 23 Apr. from Zenicon Infoway (opp shipyard) in Cochin

The list is :

AMD X2 3800+ processor : Rs 3850
Asus M2N-MX motherboard : Rs 3450
Zion 512MB DDR2 RAM (667) x 2 : Rs 3700
Samsung 160 GB SATA hard disc : Rs 2332
Logitech K/B & Mouse : Rs 600
LG 17" Flatron CRT : Rs 5817
Mercury ATX Cabinet : Rs 1585
APC 500VA UPS : Rs 2050
VAT 4% : Rs 999

TOTAL : RS 25973

the guy charged me Rs 500 for assembling.. didnt budge. i think the assembling charges are quite less. then he insisted not to show it in the bill.. he included that in the price of the components

Geforce

Journeyman

vivekbabbudelhi said:
thanks for that

i agree that for such a price a remote is appreciated even my altec lansing mx 5021 set came with a sleek IR remote
but dont you feel SMC International quotes price a little higher
for 2 instances he quoted altec lansing mx 5021 at 8.2k whereas i got it from computer empire for 8k & liteon combo for 1200
whereas i got it from computer empire for 1100rs

ok aside that off
from my pesonal experiance i can say you should perhaps get a good dvd player with a good amplifier it will rock with your set

Yeah, their prices are bit higher generally but Lotus Systems and one or two other dealers quoted 12.8k. Many of the shops i enquire about anything call up SMC so you see the point. It has happened to me before, and sometime I find high end stuff in that shop only.

I have installed the speakers on my pc so by DVD player you mean software player, if not then a hardware amplifier would be an overkill for these speakers don't you think.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)

bought these for a friend :

XFX 7600GT -> 7200k+tax
Seagate 160gig SATA HDD -> 2250k+tax
Zion 1gig 400mhz DDR1 ram -> 3750k+tax
Canon Lide25 scanner -> 2550k+tax

all from Berlia Compu Systems, Chandni Chowk, Kolkata

Last edited:

Eazy

Journeyman

Bought 2 Thermalright heat sinks form Prime ABGB Mumbai got these...

Thermalright Ultra 120 = 2756/-
Thermalright HR-03 PLUS (for 8800GTS GFX card) = 2704/-

A picture of these installed in my case...

*img254.imageshack.us/img254/1640/trhsfon8800gts2be9.th.jpg

The GFX display and the HR-03 PLUS heat sink fan combination takes up 5 slots !! This heat sink dropped my GFX card temp from 63C to 48C.

RajU

Eazy said:
Bought 2 Thermalright heat sinks form Prime ABGB Mumbai got these...

Thermalright Ultra 120 = 2756/-
Thermalright HR-03 PLUS (for 8800GTS GFX card) = 2704/-

A picture of these installed in my case...

*img254.imageshack.us/img254/1640/trhsfon8800gts2be9.th.jpg

The GFX display and the HR-03 PLUS heat sink fan combination takes up 5 slots !! This heat sink dropped my GFX card temp from 63C to 48C.

GREAT!!!!! and what was the temp of the cpu before and after installing this heatsink, please also mention the room temp.....

Eazy

Journeyman

786 said:
GREAT!!!!! and what was the temp of the cpu before and after installing this heatsink, please also mention the room temp.....

Before the Ultra 120 I had the Thermalright SI-128 installed - difference in temp was not more than a couple of C :D and before the SI-128 I had a Zalman 7000cu heat sink and the difference between the Zalman and the SI-128 was about 1C :))

Right now room temp is 31C and CPU temp is 37C. CPU is Opteron 175 @ stock

clmlbx

Technomancer

I bought this on 3-may-2007

Intel core 2 duo 4300 = RS 6100
Intel original d946gzis mobo = RS 4600
Dynate 1 gb ddr2 ram = RS 2600

ALL from Indore by local vendor

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

it seems i need extra cooling for my XFX 6200 LE :lol: man works at 68C :( will have to search at Kolkata to find those goodies :(

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Choto Cheeta said:
it seems i need extra cooling for my XFX 6200 LE :lol: man works at 68C :( will have to search at Kolkata to find those goodies :(

If it is fanless, why not try fixing a small fan over the heatsink?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

yea..just get a generic 60mm fan and stick it with some twin sided tape .....buying a 3rd party cooler for a 6200 is foolish! :p

RajU

Choto Cheeta said:
yeah, I also need one of these, for my proce.... any where in Kolkata?

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

got
2 x C2D E4300 - 5400/- each
1 x MSI P965-NeoF 5600/-

iBall 500W SMPS - 2600/- It has following connectors

2 x SATA conectors
1 x 24 Pin connector
1 x 4 Pin 12V connector
1 x 8 Pin 12 V connector (fits well on P5B Deluxe wi/fi)
1 x 6 Pin PCI-Express connector
And a hell lot of 4-Pin Molex connectors wih a floppy connector.

Says 19A on 12V rail though about which I was concerned, but it powered the following very well.

C2D E4300 @ 1.45V
ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi/fi
4 x SATA 3Gbps internal HDD's
1 DVD - RW
1 x Sapphire ATI X1800XT (requires external power)
2 sticks of DDR2 memory @2.0V
and other usual stuff...

good for a Rs. 2600/- SMPS eh?

all stuff from BMS Infosolutions, Chandni Chowk Kolkata

Last edited:

yesterday even though it was sunday i had few shops open at ctc hyderabad and i Got iBall 400w smpsfor Rs.550/- with three year warrenty and virusbuster antivirus free with one year license.I think that was a good deal.

guyz from hyderabad plz help me for buying a water coolent for my processor.
u know the dual core versions they generate a lot of heat and mine is 3.4ghz dual core and it operates at 99c. So plz help me.

kooabs03

Banned

ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
today i purchased

Logitech Easy keyboard deluxe -Rs 270
HDD casing 3.5 inch - Rs 400
is HDD casing used to make internal HDD external? sorry for off the topic question... :)

Top Bottom