Post your latest Purchase

sabret00the

Youngling
Re: Post what you purchased.

Today my expidition started at 9am when I went to Chandni Chowk in Kolkata.I first visited Vedanth infosys where they told me C2d E6600 came for Rs.11000/- + vat.Happy with this knowledge I called up Rashi Peripherals for the price of Asus P5N32 e SLI .They person on the otherside told me Rs.15000/-
I then went to Supreme - The IT Mall and spoke with my contact there Mr.Manish Khattry who got cracking with his boss :)p owner of the shop) to beat the price for me..they didnt want to lose me as I'm an old old too old cust.Well I kept waiting and waiting and then I decided to meet the Rashi guy...he gave me a good price...thought of taking the proc from Supreme and the mobo from Rashi but Supreme said they wont sell the proc alone and I'll have to take a proc + mobo bundle.In the meantime went to Jai Mahavira and booked an 8600GT:cool: ...I know I know..#$%*.Anyways,finally came back to Supreme (I had no other choice as they are the only one's who have the C2D E6600 in Kolkata) and ordered all the following parts:-

1.Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz - Rs.12000/- (I believe the going rate for this proccy in kolkata is somewhere around Rs.12500/- to Rs.13000/- based on availability)
2.Asus P5N32 e SLI motheboard - Rs.14150/- (this is actually Rs.150/- less than wat Rashi offered me,but Supreme didnt have the board with them so I had to wait from 4pm to 6:30pm for them to get the card from another importer/wholesaler - worth the wait :cool: )
3.1Gb DDR2 667mhz Transcend - Rs.2450/-
4.Sony 16x Dvd +/- RW (OEM) - Rs.1550/-
5.Microsoft Desktop PRO 700 (wrls) - Rs.1400/-

6.Orchid usb bluetooth dongle - Rs.250/-(with widcomm drivers [didnt want to use anything with blue soliel drivers] - some crap manufactured in some South Eastern Country - but it works fine though for the price I paid for it) from Jain Computers.

7.Booked a Zebronics 8600GT for Rs.2000/- from Jai Mahavira (actual price Rs.7900/-)

Note:all above prices are exclusive of 4% VAT.

Choto Cheeta said:
E6600 11000/- +
P5N - E SLI 8000/- +
1GB DDR-II 667 MHz 3300/- +
250 GB 3100 +
450 Watts 1200 +
XFX 6200 LE 128MB (TV Out DV Out) 1800 +

:(

Can u tell me the name of the dealer from whom u bought the C2D E6600?

Pravas said:
I asked a dealer from my place(Orissa) to bring me these hardware from kolkata.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 :-12500
Asus P5B Deluxe :-13500
Segate Sata II HDD(320):-5450
Lite On DVD Writer 20X :-2300
Zion 1X2Gb 667mhz :-8700
Jindal Cabinet 450watt smps inc :-2000
I know may be the prices are high compared to other places

Somebody's taking you for the worst ride of ur life...makes more sense to come to Calcutta and buy the parts...:cool:

@gauravakaasid:also went to Berlia Computers well they never heard about the motherbaord and anyways they dont have the C2D E6600 proccy..hmm no go there...

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

So bobby finally getting the 8600GT............ I'll meet with you when I return. All the other stuff for you or someone else?

sabret00the

Youngling

john_the_ultimate said:
So bobby finally getting the 8600GT............ I'll meet with you when I return. All the other stuff for you or someone else?

hey John I bought all these parts for myself...since I was kinda decided on the rest of the parts hence didnt consult with u rergarding the same...was a bit worried about the GPU hence took some advice about the 8600GT...end of the day compared my requirements and 8600GT seemed to be the best VFM card for me...:smile:
Looking forward to meeting wid u aswell..ha ha

chk this out:-

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS/GT Performance Preview

3DMark 06 – Direct3D

*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8600_gts_preview/images/3dm06.gif

*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8600_gts_preview/images/sm20.gif
*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8600_gts_preview/images/sm30.gif

^^^ Performance is almost twice as that of the 7600GT,better than 7900GS and it comes with DX10...well,I guess that's wat its been intended to do...and it cost as much as a 7600GT...ha ha

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

sabret00the said:
hey John I bought all these parts for myself...since I was kinda decided on the rest of the parts hence didnt consult with u rergarding the same...was a bit worried about the GPU hence took some advice about the 8600GT...end of the day compared my requirements and 8600GT seemed to be the best VFM card for me...:smile:
Looking forward to meeting wid u aswell..ha ha

chk this out:-

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS/GT Performance Preview

3DMark 06 – Direct3D

*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8600_gts_preview/images/3dm06.gif

*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8600_gts_preview/images/sm20.gif
*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8600_gts_preview/images/sm30.gif

^^^ Performance is almost twice as that of the 7600GT,better than 7900GS and it comes with DX10...well,I guess that's wat its been intended to do...and it cost as much as a 7600GT...ha ha

These benchmarks are not real.Even the 8600GTSXXX can't beat the 7950 GT not even 7900GT.These cards have good ranking in DX10 benchmark which is 3Dmark 2007(supports DX10) but not in DX 9.....Seek few more benchmarks.

AND CONGRATULATION DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!U got excellent config.A true value for money!!!!!

longlife

Journeyman

dear Sabret00the,

Zebronics 8600GT from Jai Mahavira (actual price Rs.7900/-), what is the address or phone no. of JAI MAHAVIRA???

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz

If somebody is going to chadni chawk kolkata today or tomorrow..please check the availibility of Samsung 704msplus 17"crt (not 798MB)monitor for me....Its urgent

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle

hey i bought a canon 350D digital slr from jj mehta (mumbai) cost me 33,000/-

janitha

Wise Old Owl

sysfilez said:
hey i bought a canon 350D digital slr from jj mehta (mumbai) cost me 33,000/-
Anything extra bundled with it like memory etc? And is it with warranty? ( because they sell both with and without warranty - in which case they give their own warranty for 3 months)

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle

@janitha
i got a free v bag + a mc uv 58mm filter (japan made). jj mehta as heard from others is not bad at all. its a big shop. i asked for a non bill 350D n they said its not available. i got a 2yrs canon india warranty stamped and signed by jj mehta. i chek the product with canon india website and its geniune. my camera got registered and validated. my waranty expires on 22/05/09. i m very happy with my camera and jj mehta simplys rocks.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

sysfilez said:
@janitha
i got a free v bag + a mc uv 58mm filter (japan made). jj mehta as heard from others is not bad at all. its a big shop. i asked for a non bill 350D n they said its not available. i got a 2yrs canon india warranty stamped and signed by jj mehta. i chek the product with canon india website and its geniune. my camera got registered and validated. my waranty expires on 22/05/09. i m very happy with my camera and jj mehta simplys rocks.

No, I know that they are a reputed firm and I have bought from them online. But they do sell certain things with their own warranty and at a lower price and they advertise specifying it. For eg. see the link.

*www.jjmehta.com/pricelist/PanasonicPrice.htm

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle

@janitha
yea @ times they give out offers carrying their own warranty. i have nothing to do with it.

sabret00the

Youngling

Well bought all that stuff for myself!!!

dear Sabret00the,
Zebronics 8600GT from Jai Mahavira (actual price Rs.7900/-), what is the address or phone no. of JAI MAHAVIRA???

Well 1st of all I'd like people to know no matter wat people say about Zebronics...having used a cabinet and a smps for about a year and now using a graphics card I'm quite satisfied.Moreover,my SMPS failed and they actually gave me a buffer smps while they sent my smps to Chennai for warranty replacement.
Anyways the address of Jai Mahavira is 23,Weston Street,Kol-13 Phone- 30901056/32575867 Cell- 9433014651
Just tell them that the guy who took the 8600GT has sent you...ask for best price...

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Is there any way to know who is their authorised dealer in Chandigarh. I posted at their site 3 days back but haven't got a reply.

ratzee199

Journeyman

sabret00the said:
Today my expidition started at 9am when I went to Chandni Chowk in Kolkata.I first visited Vedanth infosys where they told me C2d E6600 came for Rs.11000/- + vat.Happy with this knowledge I called up Rashi Peripherals for the price of Asus P5N32 e SLI .They person on the otherside told me Rs.15000/-
I then went to Supreme - The IT Mall and spoke with my contact there Mr.Manish Khattry who got cracking with his boss :)p owner of the shop) to beat the price for me..they didnt want to lose me as I'm an old old too old cust.Well I kept waiting and waiting and then I decided to meet the Rashi guy...he gave me a good price...thought of taking the proc from Supreme and the mobo from Rashi but Supreme said they wont sell the proc alone and I'll have to take a proc + mobo bundle.In the meantime went to Jai Mahavira and booked an 8600GT:cool: ...I know I know..#$%*.Anyways,finally came back to Supreme (I had no other choice as they are the only one's who have the C2D E6600 in Kolkata) and ordered all the following parts:-

1.Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz - Rs.12000/- (I believe the going rate for this proccy in kolkata is somewhere around Rs.12500/- to Rs.13000/- based on availability)
2.Asus P5N32 e SLI motheboard - Rs.14150/- (this is actually Rs.150/- less than wat Rashi offered me,but Supreme didnt have the board with them so I had to wait from 4pm to 6:30pm for them to get the card from another importer/wholesaler - worth the wait :cool: )
3.1Gb DDR2 667mhz Transcend - Rs.2450/-
4.Sony 16x Dvd +/- RW (OEM) - Rs.1550/-
5.Microsoft Desktop PRO 700 (wrls) - Rs.1400/-

6.Orchid usb bluetooth dongle - Rs.250/-(with widcomm drivers [didnt want to use anything with blue soliel drivers] - some crap manufactured in some South Eastern Country - but it works fine though for the price I paid for it) from Jain Computers.

7.Booked a Zebronics 8600GT for Rs.2000/- from Jai Mahavira (actual price Rs.7900/-)

Note:all above prices are exclusive of 4% VAT.

Can u tell me the name of the dealer from whom u bought the C2D E6600?

Somebody's taking you for the worst ride of ur life...makes more sense to come to Calcutta and buy the parts...:cool:

@gauravakaasid:also went to Berlia Computers well they never heard about the motherbaord and anyways they dont have the C2D E6600 proccy..hmm no go there...

man the same MOBO is available here in Mumbai only for 8800 bucks...and E6600 is available for somewhere around 10,000 bucks...and also I purchased GALAXY 8600 GTS for 13500...and SPARKLE 8600 GT is available for 9100 bucks...and all of these prices are INCLUSIVE OF VAT ...

Soumyajit

Novice

Place : Cochin
Shop : Zenicon

Creative 2.1 speakers SBS370 : Rs 1100

Intex Night Vision Webcam : Rs 700

(exclusive of 4% VAT)

sabret00the

Youngling

ratzee199 said:
man the same MOBO is available here in Mumbai only for 8800 bucks...and E6600 is available for somewhere around 10,000 bucks...and also I purchased GALAXY 8600 GTS for 13500...and SPARKLE 8600 GT is available for 9100 bucks...and all of these prices are INCLUSIVE OF VAT ...

^^ My dear I guess the motherboard available for Rs.8800/- is P5N SLI and not P5N32 e-SLI..........there's a hell and heaven difference between them.

ratzee199 said:

^^ My dear I guess the motherboard available for Rs.8800/- is P5N SLI and not P5N32 e-SLI..........there's a hell and heaven difference between them.

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

Just bought Altec Lancing ATP3 yesterday, while i was at the shop waiting them to arrive...i bombed the dealer with questions asking prices for anything i could see :lol:

Altec Lancing ATP3 - Rs 3300
Creative Inspire 2.1 - Rs 1100
Creative Inspire 4.1 - Rs 2500
Creative Inspire 5.1 - Rs 3100
LG/Samsung DVD writer - Rs 1500
2GB Kingston Pen drive - Rs 775
250GB SATA 2 - Rs 3000
1GB DDR2 Dynet Ram 667Mhz - Rs 1800
1GB DDR2 Kingston Ram 667 - RS 2100
19inch Widescreen Acer - 11500
19inch Widescreen ASUS with DVI - Rs 12700 (very good TFT since it has very good view angles and high contrast ratio 800:1) :)
Microsoft Wireless Combi 700 series - 1500
Microsoft Wireless Combo 1000 series - 1900

At the end, i could see frustation in his eyes.......sala lena kuch nahi.....mufaat main time karab kar diya :D :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl

"Altec Lancing ATP3 - Rs 3300"

My God! I bought it about a month back for Rs.2500/-.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

Yeah i know......Delhi and in some cities it sells for Rs2500. But in my city......none have it. Evryone buys those common ones Creative, Intex, Mercury

Only 1-2 dealers and you know the exploitation and i guess they have the old pieces which they bough at high prices and wanted to get rid of them :(

I checked on Ebay.in (3250) and theitwares (3000) and thought it wasnt the effort :D Welll anywayz, at Rs 3300 still value for money.

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Yeah i know......Delhi and in some cities it sells for Rs2500. But in my city......none have it. Evryone buys those common ones Creative, Intex, Mercury

Only 1-2 dealers and you know the exploitation and i guess they have the old pieces which they bough at high prices and wanted to get rid of them :(

I checked on Ebay.in (3250) and theitwares (3000) and thought it wasnt the effort :D Welll anywayz, at Rs 3300 still value for money.

No doubt, it is so good.

Top Bottom