Post your latest Purchase

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
3years is very less for an LCD/LED TV to last. few lucky lottery panels last for many years.
This was true a few years ago,nowadays consider yourself lucky if your tv lasts more than 3 years without any issues/needing rma. You can check hifivision forum for details.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are asking for 13k for the panel change
This is usual,panel is the most expensive component in a tv so its replacement also cost at least 30-40% of tv cost.

My Samsung LCD monitor is still running like a new just completed 9years.
Monitors are different,they are made for different usage so their quality on an average is always higher than similarly priced tv.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
This is usual,panel is the most expensive component in a tv so its replacement also cost at least 30-40% of tv cost.

Monitors are different,they are made for different usage so their quality on an average is always higher than similarly priced tv.
So buying a expensive tv is not a good bet right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So buying a expensive tv is not a good bet right?
Depends on what is "expensive" to you(aka your income,spending etc). If you buy a 50k TV with 3 years warranty(there are some brands/deals that offer this for extra price) & you exchange it for some new tv just at the end of warranty in fk/amazon oct sales(bbd & gif) for which you should easily get ~5k minimum then I think it is acceptable if you are earning 5-6lakh+ per year. If going purely budget then VU tv models for ~30k/50"+ are good options as you can also get 3 years warranty on them by paying ~10% of tv price.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Depends on what is "expensive" to you(aka your income,spending etc). If you buy a 50k TV with 3 years warranty(there are some brands/deals that offer this for extra price) & you exchange it for some new tv just at the end of warranty in fk/amazon oct sales(bbd & gif) for which you should easily get ~5k minimum then I think it is acceptable if you are earning 5-6lakh+ per year. If going purely budget then VU tv models for ~30k/50"+ are good options as you can also get 3 years warranty on them by paying ~10% of tv price.
I am asking expensive in respect of longevity of the product not about based of income. Anyway thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am asking expensive in respect of longevity of the product not about based of income. Anyway thanks
In that case,buy at the cost which you can discard in 3 years.e.g.at Rs.1000/month you get 36000 for 3 years so if 1000/month is not a big deal for you then buying a 30-35k tv that lasts 3 years with warranty should be enough/not considered expensive in my opinion.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
FB_IMG_1575907478953.jpg
Got it more than 80% off from flipkart during Christmas Sale
Stalker by Lars Kepler- Rs.67.
My Name is Anna by Lizzy Barber- Rs.101
The great wide open by Douglas Kennedy- Rs.118
Optic Nerve by Maria Gainza- Rs.177
On the Dessert Trail - Around the World in 80 Desserts by Monish Gujral- Rs.89
The Handmaid's Tale (Graphic Novel) by Atwood Margaret- Rs.399
Life After MH370 by Narendran KS- Rs.79.
The Tiger and the Ruby by Hillsbery Kief- Rs.67
Does He Know a Mothers Heart by Arun Shourie -Rs. 153
18th Abduction by James Patterson- Rs.101
Summer Holidays by Koral Dasgupta- Rs.51
Tom Clancy's - Point of Contact by Mike Maden- Rs.118
The Pianist of Yarmouk by Ahmad Aeham- Rs.152
Imagining Lahore by Khalid Haroon- Rs.179
The Heartfulness Way - Heart - Based Meditations for Spiritual Transformation by D. Patel Kamlesh- Rs. 89
The Heartfulness Way - Bengali by The Heartfulness Way - Bengali- Rs.49
Superfast, Primetime, Ultimate Nation by Roberts Adam- Rs.119
The Wisdom of Wolves by Radinger Elli H- Rs.151
Run Away by Harlan Coben- Rs.101
Killing Time in Delhi by Ravi Shankar Etteth- Rs.101
Federer by Bowers Chris- Rs.99
The Wholesome Grain by Vikas Khanna -Rs 169
All the Roads Are Open: The Afghan Journey by Schwarzenbach Annemarie)- Rs. 85
Borderline by Singh Shabri Prasad- Rs 79
Marketing For Dummies by Jeanette Maw McMurtry- Rs.99

Top Bottom