Post your latest Purchase

nginx

In the zone
Raspberry Pi is Basicaly a Awesome Device for techno person but it has cons.

1. It Does not come with casing
2. It does not have Remote controller
3. UI Is difficult for Family members (we can adjust , But Mom dad and Sis cannot use it easily)
4. Power supply , Input output and other are diffult to make user freindly on that chip

where as on this device a Novice can also use it with ease just insert the Chip/pendrie apply power connnect AV and start enjoing it

I would say the main drawbacks of Raspberry Pi when compared to the Cubetek is that the SD Card in the Pi gets corrupted too often, especially after an abrupt power cut and you need to reinstall the OS again at that point which makes it not such a robust device. If there was a way to store the OS on some read only flash chip that never gets corrupted, it would have been ideal.

XBMC UI is not that complicated at all. You can set the video Menu to open at boot by default and then its just the same as Cubetek because you only need to select the storage device from menu and play the movie. XBMC remotes are easily available on ebay.

Where Raspberry Pi scores over the Cubetek is that it has Ethernet port and supports Wifi dongles too which allows you connect your NAS to the Pi. The lack of a LAN port in the Cubetek is a deal breaker for me atleast.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I would say the main drawbacks of Raspberry Pi when compared to the Cubetek is that the SD Card in the Pi gets corrupted too often, especially after an abrupt power cut and you need to reinstall the OS again at that point which makes it not such a robust device. If there was a way to store the OS on some read only flash chip that never gets corrupted, it would have been ideal.

XBMC UI is not that complicated at all. You can set the video Menu to open at boot by default and then its just the same as Cubetek because you only need to select the storage device from menu and play the movie. XBMC remotes are easily available on ebay.

Where Raspberry Pi scores over the Cubetek is that it has Ethernet port and supports Wifi dongles too which allows you connect your NAS to the Pi. The lack of a LAN port in the Cubetek is a deal breaker for me atleast.
Which erstwhile post did you quote... I think it's from the stone age!!! :p

quagmire

Allllright !
Guys need a quick buying advice on HDMI male to male cable.
The main reason is to connect my Laptop to my TV. Also need to connect my Raspberry Pi.
Found a good deal on Amazon for 135 bucks shipped, another one on eBay for 200 bucks (100+50 for shipping +50 for CoD convenience charge).

There are quite a few negative reviews on Amazon saying incompatibility, no audio...
Some company cables sell for as high as 1.5k. Should I avoid these branded ones?

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=105759]bubusam13[/MENTION]

Hey,congrats for ur Sunbeam CPU Cooler.
How its running ?
BTW,the 120mm fan 3pin or 4pin PWM ?
I read at few forum that the cooler got problem while removing & installation.
Did u face any problem ?
Someone at newegg even complain that mobo damaged cos of this cooler.
But,at tech sites reviews are good.

icebags

Technomancer
[MENTION=145504]quagmire[/MENTION] belkin is ur safest bet, see if u can find cheaper. unbranded one act weird many times, better not to get them.

bubusam13

Human
[MENTION=105759]bubusam13[/MENTION]

Hey,congrats for ur Sunbeam CPU Cooler.
How its running ?
BTW,the 120mm fan 3pin or 4pin PWM ?
I read at few forum that the cooler got problem while removing & installation.
Did u face any problem ?
Someone at newegg even complain that mobo damaged cos of this cooler.
But,at tech sites reviews are good.
:hissyfit: Why are you telling such horror stories ? It's 3 pin and you get a fan controller to manually control the speed. It's big so I got some difficulty while installing and will get while removing also.
Mobo won't be damaged if back plate is installed. If not such big heatsink will eventually put some pressure on the mobo.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Guys need a quick buying advice on HDMI male to male cable.
The main reason is to connect my Laptop to my TV. Also need to connect my Raspberry Pi.
Found a good deal on Amazon for 135 bucks shipped, another one on eBay for 200 bucks (100+50 for shipping +50 for CoD convenience charge).

There are quite a few negative reviews on Amazon saying incompatibility, no audio...
Some company cables sell for as high as 1.5k. Should I avoid these branded ones?

get from ebay...see how many items sold too and seller rating
no to branded

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
No man don't get panic.
I'm the guy who always get paranoid. ;)

Mobo won't be damaged if back plate is installed.
It must be be comes with back plate then ?

I was just asking cos its price is very low compare to other.
U installed the fan controller at rear or front ?
So,without any major flaw this cooler could be good VFM.
Thanks for ur reply! :)

bubusam13

Human
No man don't get panic.
I'm the guy who always get paranoid. ;)

It must be be comes with back plate then ?

I was just asking cos its price is very low compare to other.
U installed the fan controller at rear or front ?
So,without any major flaw this cooler could be good VFM.
Thanks for ur reply! :)

My motherboard already have back plate. It must be there I think, else any after market heat sink will put pressure on the motherboard.
I installed the controller at rear, set it to 1300 rpm now... still temp doesnot rise to 50 degree.

quagmire

Allllright !
[MENTION=145504]quagmire[/MENTION] belkin is ur safest bet, see if u can find cheaper. unbranded one act weird many times, better not to get them.

Thanks for the reply bro.
Belkin HDMI cables pricing start at 600 bucks. :-(
Any recomendation less expensive above average quality one?

get from ebay...see how many items sold too and seller rating
no to branded

Ah right, thanks.
I just need one that will get the job done.I'm on a low budget of less than 250..

Another question, why are cables marked with HDMI version when they have go absolutely nothing to with it?
Is this some kind of marketing gimmick?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Thanks for the reply bro.
Belkin HDMI cables pricing start at 600 bucks. :-(
Any recomendation less expensive above average quality one?

Ah right, thanks.
I just need one that will get the job done.I'm on a low budget of less than 250..

Another question, why are cables marked with HDMI version when they have go absolutely nothing to with it?
Is this some kind of marketing gimmick?

they are not marketting gimmick...i got a 10 meter hdmi 1.4A version for 650 rs...in ebay

HDMI 1.4 was released on May 28, 2009, and the first HDMI 1.4 products were available in the second half of 2009. HDMI 1.4 increases the maximum resolution to 4K × 2K, i.e. 3840×2160 (4K Ultra HD) at 24 Hz/25 Hz/30 Hz or 4096×2160 at 24 Hz (which is a resolution used with digital theaters); adds an HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC), which allows for a 100 Mbit/s Ethernet connection between the two HDMI connected devices so they can share an Internet connection;[60] and introduces an audio return channel (ARC),[59] 3D Over HDMI, a new Micro HDMI Connector, .......

HDMI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom