Post your latest Purchase

sksundram

In the zone
@Zangetsu : congrats...sleek dial man! keep on buying...and don't listen to complainers coz not everyone has got TASTE...you know what i mean..cheers!!!

Gollum

Collector
Sandisk 16GB PD INR 515
*imageshack.us/a/img841/1748/bt76.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img547/2514/lx7x.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img407/2623/xjen.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img11/1853/k1g8.jpg

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
yup srsly just a watch and for 15k???

you guys have some serious bank balance

yup if money is not a concern but definitely tat will never be the case........

I have been following this series of posts debating the merits and demerits of expensive watches with all sorts of bells and whistles, versus the relatively inexpensive ones! So I thought ... ... let me add something to it!

Well, while I have nothing against very expensive watches or, for that matter, indecently expensive cars, I buy and use only what I need (and, now, I can't "afford" much). Although I could afford a "little" more expensive watch, I am glad that I stumbled on to a Casio Analog-Digital watch, for a price of Rs. 896/- at flipkart, because I loved a very similar, albeit larger, model from Casio ($39.99 in 1988) gifted to me by my sister years ago, which served me perfectly well for more than 15 years. When I saw the newer (turned out to be somewhat smaller) version of the older model, I ordered three of them! One for myself, one for my wife and even one (black) "standby"! Other than the analog display (hands), the digital display can show day/date, dual time zone times and chronometer to one hundredth of a second. The watch has alarm function too and is marked water resistant to 50 metres (black) or simply water resistant (steel). Most importantly (for me), the accuracy is 3 sec PER MONTH. How's that for a small measure of "bells and whistles" for mere 896 bucks? I just love the clean and simple square look. The only thing I hate is that, unlike my older model, it doesn't have any second's hand and I have to turn on the digital time if I need that.

I my opinion, how much one is willing to spend, and on what, depends not only how much you really "can afford", but also on what your priorities are. For example, while I am quite happy with my 896 bucks Casio Analog-Digital watch, in 2009 I splurged 1.5 lac on my new PC alone (peripherals extra)! I am now thinking about upgrading my rig and that would definitely cost me many times the expensive watch under discussion here. However, I don’t have a car, nor can I "afford" one! And I don't buy expensive shirts, pants or shoes either (all mostly gifted by my daughter these days). To frequent nudges from my wife and daughter to buy something “expensive” for myself, my standard reply is, "We can't afford it". The word “expensive” is a relative term, not only among persons but also the product/services one is eying at the moment. So, there you go ... ... priorities!

P.S.: By the way, my wife and daughter are kinda Kanjoos, and that helps too (although the latter claims that she is “balanced”)!

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
I have been following this series of posts debating the merits and demerits of expensive watches with all sorts of bells and whistles, versus the relatively inexpensive ones! So I thought ... ... let me add something to it!

Well, while I have nothing against very expensive watches or, for that matter, indecently expensive cars, I buy and use only what I need (and, now, I can't "afford" much). Although I could afford a "little" more expensive watch, I am glad that I stumbled on to a Casio Analog-Digital watch, for a price of Rs. 896/- at flipkart, because I loved a very similar, albeit larger, model from Casio ($39.99 in 1988) gifted to me by my sister years ago, which served me perfectly well for more than 15 years. When I saw the newer (turned out to be somewhat smaller) version of the older model, I ordered three of them! One for myself, one for my wife and even one (black) "standby"! Other than the analog display (hands), the digital display can show day/date, dual time zone times and chronometer to one hundredth of a second. The watch has alarm function too and is marked water resistant to 50 metres (black) or simply water resistant (steel). Most importantly (for me), the accuracy is 3 sec PER MONTH. How's that for a small measure of "bells and whistles" for mere 896 bucks? I just love the clean and simple square look. The only thing I hate is that, unlike my older model, it doesn't have any second's hand and I have to turn on the digital time if I need that.

I my opinion, how much one is willing to spend, and on what, depends not only how much you really "can afford", but also on what your priorities are. For example, while I am quite happy with my 896 bucks Casio Analog-Digital watch, in 2009 I splurged 1.5 lac on my new PC alone (peripherals extra)! I am now thinking about upgrading my rig and that would definitely cost me many times the expensive watch under discussion here. However, I don’t have a car, nor can I "afford" one! And I don't buy expensive shirts, pants or shoes either (all mostly gifted by my daughter these days). To frequent nudges from my wife and daughter to buy something “expensive” for myself, my standard reply is, "We can't afford it". The word “expensive” is a relative term, not only among persons but also the product/services one is eying at the moment. So, there you go ... ... priorities!

P.S.: By the way, my wife and daughter are kinda Kanjoos, and that helps too (although the latter claims that she is “balanced”)!
*static.tumblr.com/mfxyxgh/wZ5m5ze9a/tldr.jpg
Gollum: Congrats such a big box for a small drive
Unreasonably big box for a pendrive 1/1000th of the size lol

sujoyp

Grand Master
4800 pounds...God ...is it an antique watch of someone ...

As discussed with a long post above ...its all about priority....I laugh at people getting 35-40k mobile as much as people laugh at me spending 80k on photography ...and I too wear a good citizen watch which cost 8k now and want to upgrade to casio edifice ..but dont have budget more than 8k now :D

Gollum

Collector
Bought 2 cars
*imageshack.us/a/img96/9936/rhh1.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img812/2262/uyzb.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img12/4656/vvf4.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img89/4431/ezv8.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img689/6679/tfnv.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img842/1828/cvqk.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img268/36/prjo.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img194/958/rhb1.jpg

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
It was around £4800 heavily discounted on Christmas.

i love you:D

Bought 2 cars
*imageshack.us/a/img96/9936/rhh1.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img812/2262/uyzb.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img12/4656/vvf4.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img89/4431/ezv8.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img689/6679/tfnv.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img842/1828/cvqk.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img268/36/prjo.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img194/958/rhb1.jpg
playing gta..huh?

Top Bottom