Post your latest Purchase

Krow

Crowman
i hav 2 queries :razz:
1.Your mobo has 2 pci express slot.right?how do you use them? Please explain !!
2.Is this(AMD Athlon II X4 620) procy better than intel Q9450 2.66Ghz ??
may be both question are stupid..but i dont much abt computer hardware :oops:..!!
Xeno answered your queries well. Q9450 is an outdated processor which costs almost 2.5 times the Athlon II X4 620 and also is outdated.

Gladly :D and your questions are not stupid !

1. The board has two PCI-e x16 slots, yes with Crossfire support which is for ATi cards. Therfore you can theorectically gain upto 1.6x of GPU performance by using two identical cards connected with a crossfire cable ( you mainly have to use identical cards in crossfire). The two cards behave as a single GPU and therefore your performance gets a major boost.

Therefore you need to buy the graphics cards which can be configured/supports in crossfire. More about crossfire. (click here)

Also you will need a 750W rated PSU (from Corsair, Coolermaster or Antec) if you are going to use two graphics card in Crossfire on this board.

Although this board doesnt run in CF 8x8 mode, rather in 16x4 mode which isnt that good :p

2. The Q9450 will be better than the AMD Athlon II X4 however it costs like double of what this processor costs. A Phenom X4 will however beat this Quad core at a lower price.

It doesnt make sense to buy the C 2 D or C 2 Q series now, especially since Core i5 is much better if you're going to spend 11k on just the processor. Only gripe is that the motherboards for Core i5 are really expensive right now :-?
You hit the sweet spot mate! :)

Krow

Crowman
@Xeno
Thanks for your reply !
I have 1 more Q:
Which is the best mobo (5k-6k) for AMD Phenom II X4 810 ??

:smile:

Please extend your budget by Rs.1000 and get the ASUS M4A785TD-V-EVO @ 6.7k. Best mobo for the price. It has DDR3 RAM though so you will have to spend a bit on the RAM as well, but its very future proof. No point buying DDR2 now (which has become expensive), unless you are extremely constrained by budget. :)

max007

Broken In
Please extend your budget by Rs.1000 and get the ASUS M4A785TD-V-EVO @ 6.7k. Best mobo for the price. It has DDR3 RAM though so you will have to spend a bit on the RAM as well, but its very future proof. No point buying DDR2 now (which has become expensive), unless you are extremely constrained by budget. :)
Thanks bro.Yes,asus is my 1st choice..and 6.7k is ok for me.
then...
AMD Phenom II X4 810
ASUS M4A785TD-V-EVO
Corsair xms3 1333 MHz (2X2GB)
WD caviar 500 GB
Samsung 2233SW
smps ??(3-4k)
cabby ??(2-2.5k)
plz reply..
:)

6x6

Journeyman
Purchased on 01/10/2009:
8gb kingston pen drive -850/-
250gb segate usb hdd -3.4k
18.5" wide samsung lcd monitor -7k

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Thanks bro.Yes,asus is my 1st choice..and 6.7k is ok for me.
then...
AMD Phenom II X4 810
ASUS M4A785TD-V-EVO
Corsair xms3 1333 MHz (2X2GB)
WD caviar 500 GB
Samsung 2233SW
smps ??(3-4k)
cabby ??(2-2.5k)
plz reply..
:)
Have a look at the following SMPS' :
Corsair VX450W @ 4k
Cooler Master REAL Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k (note that this is not CM extreme series, which is not good)
Tagan TG600-U37 @ 4k
[In order of performance]

If you can extend your budget by about 1k, then get GlacialTech 650W or Antec EA650 @ ~4.8k [much more future proof]
Cabby : Cooler Master Elite 334 @ 2k OR get Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5k (better IMO as it is pretty good)
Good monitor chosen.
Get 1TB HDD if you can buy as it is available for close to 4k now. Look at brands like Hitachi/Samsung too as they are cheaper and perform more or less the same.

max007

Broken In
Have a look at the following SMPS' :
Corsair VX450W @ 4k
Cooler Master REAL Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k (note that this is not CM extreme series, which is not good)
Tagan TG600-U37 @ 4k
[In order of performance]

If you can extend your budget by about 1k, then get GlacialTech 650W or Antec EA650 @ ~4.8k [much more future proof]
Cabby : Cooler Master Elite 334 @ 2k OR get Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5k (better IMO as it is pretty good)
Good monitor chosen.
Get 1TB HDD if you can buy as it is available for close to 4k now. Look at brands like Hitachi/Samsung too as they are cheaper and perform more or less the same.
Thanks for ur kind suggestions :smile:
PSU: Is Corsair VX450W can handle 2 ATI GPU ??because i wanna add 2 ATI radeon card later ...:p
Cabby:"Zebronics Bijli" sound awesome.
HDD:1 TB :idea:.... i will think abt it.

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
@max007 what exactly is your budget, would help to recommend the best config in that. Also make your own thread with your requirements as this thread is more for general posting of new stuff purchased rather than guidance :)

While the bijli cabinet is good, i'd recommend not to buy it if you are going throw in two GPU's in there, a longer card will create a problem since the harddrives kinda come across the motherboard

*img30.imageshack.us/img30/6127/xenopc.jpg

As you can see, I have the Zebronics bijli cabinet itself. its a bit cramped like I said and ill probably go in for the CM 690 when $$ allows, Its a fantastic cabinet where you can throw in 3-4 HDD's two gpu's easily without having air circulation issues. Cable management will be tough in this cabby and that's the best i could do.

Coolermaster 690 cabby costs around 4.5-5k (with/without transparent sidepanel)

Last edited:

max007

Broken In
@max007 what exactly is your budget, would help to recommend the best config in that. Also make your own thread with your requirements as this thread is more for general posting of new stuff purchased rather than guidance :)
i cant creat a thread...dont know why..
max007, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
:sad: :sad: :sad:
i hav 2.5-3k max for da cabby...i can not effort more money on this :-(
what abt Cooler Master Elite 334??
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
what exactly is your budget
32k for mobo,proccy,HDD,Ram,psu n cabby..

Last edited:

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Hrm that's quite odd.. I suppose there must be a min.no of posts to create a thread.

So you havent spent a penny of the 32k right ?
here goes then. A config in 32k

Processor :-
AMD Phenom II X3 720BE = 7k (can be unlocked to X4)
AMD Phenom II 550BE = 5.1k (can be unlocked to X4)
AMD Athlon II X4 620 = 5.4k (no L3 cache)

Motherboard :- ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO (6.8-6.9k)
RAM :- 4GB DDR3 (Corsair , Kingston ) = 4k

HDD:- WD Caviar 500GB Green x 2 = 1TB =5k
PSU :- Corsair CMPSU-550VX = 5.5k
(since you plan to put TWO GPU's then you'll need a lot of juice to supply them)

Cabinet CM 690 = 4.5-5k ( opt for the transparent side panel one)
Zebronics Bijli cabby = 1.6k

My pick:-
AMD Phenom II 550BE + rest of the stuff + Coolermaster 690 cabby (with transparent side panel) = 31-32k
+ (some for 4% tax)

if you can pitch in 2k more then go for the
Phenom II X3 720BE
I am suggesting two 500GB drives than just a single 1TB HDD because nowadays failures are bit more in case of HDD's and its better to have two drives, in case one fails you can still have a pc which could be operated with the other disk. If you have a single disk and it goes bad then you'll be stuck with a defunct PC until the drive is RMA'ed

4GB of RAM as of now should suffice most of the stuff, although I am not sure about the DDR3 prices everywhere, it could near 5k as well.

Cooler Master Elite 334 is a mid tower case in which two GPU's will fit with ... cramping, you'll probably have the harddrives interfering with the space. However the Coolermaster 690 is a full tower ATX cabinet in which you can have lots of space, loads of mounting points for fans for great air circulation.

If you cant find these anywhere then you could try ordering from lynx-india. They seem have very reasonable prices.

Last edited:

static_x

In the zone
My WD 640 GB HDD showed 64 bad sectors and I sent it back to WD for replacement.
Within a weeks time i got WD750 GB Caviar Black drive in replacement.
WD Rocks :)

Last edited:

max007

Broken In
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
In kolkata this mobo not available. :sad:.any other mobo(asus,biostar,gigabyte) u guys recommended....for AMD Phenom II X4 810 proccy..
@Xeno
thx for ur reply :)...i can manage 2k more for the cabby.. :p ..so no problem :)

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
is asusp4p800 e deluxe (865 pe based for p4) available at nehru place and at what price??
my old mobo has blown up...
i have p4 2.4 ghz northwood and agp card 6800xt ...
budget is max 5k
also on my last visit to nehru place 3 weeks ago , ifound that they were selling 17' and 19'" true flat crt written dell on them..
there was no box.. the shop was on ground floor and they have 100 of dell crts.. in 4500 to 6000 each..
are they original delll and reliable??
should i buy one?
i have mentioned i have xfx 6800xt agp 8x , 1.5 gb ram..
currently having samsung 17"crt with 1024* 768 @ 80 hz
my monitor is also showing signs of aging..
sometimes showing red or blue tint in middle of something.
I choose crt as to watch old films which r full screen and not widescreen.(lappy for that purpose) so , this will act as my retro pc running win xp to play old movies and old games(before 2004).
suggest me a good mobo (with full oc features), and a monitor ?
availability in nehru place atwhat price.
also if total does not exceed 11k then i wud also like to buy a decent tv tuner card.. that is able to save HD content available through DTH services like tata sky and videocon ( future proof). + mandriva linux compatible..

Top Bottom