Post your latest Purchase

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ d35pkor

Its definitely a wise purchase. You cannot go wrong with a gf110 graphics core.

I just wish i had been your brother.:-D

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@mailme.manju

nice purchase bro... how much does it cost?

config is 2 years old , cabby is new...
bought Gamma for Rs.1935

Here a big fan too!! :lol:

@mailme.manju
Congrats mate!! Do some cable work... it will give you good airflow and tidy looks :)

Thanks mate.... have to start cable management....

@ithehappy thnks

Recently Purchased : Palit Geforce GTX 570 Sonic Platinum.

Purchase date:14-Mar-2011
Price : 350USD = 15838.00 [considering one $ = Rs. 45.25]
Place : Farmington Hill
City of Purchase: MI

Other Product Considered: Asus Geforce GTX 570 Direct CU-II

Asus Review : ASUS GTX 570 Review » Page 6 - Testing: Metro 2033 - Overclockers Club

Palit Review: Palit GTX 570 Sonic Platinum Review » Page 17 - Conclusion - Overclockers Club

Both of them have a similar perfomance, temperature @ idle & loadings, but Palit was cheaper

Currently on the way, hopefully i will receive it within a day or two.

I will post some more pics, after i receive it.

:doublethumb:lucky bro:number1:
Thats cool

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanx for your kind info about the loads with 5850 in APC 650 thats why I could go for it with out any confusion.I checked the PC load in prime 95 that was 251W so there is enough room for 6850 (assuming its max power draw is 120W)

About powerchute, I have already installed it so let me check it for a few days.But how can windows take care of autoshutdown with out any software?

@ithehappy
thanx man :)
If you have connected the usb cables to the pc(with the ups), a battery icon will appear on the taskbar, click on it and you can configure power option(low battery alarm, auto shutoff etc).

PS: Will not work if powerchute software has been installed, powerchute disables this(windows power management) and it can't be enabled even if you uninstall it, only way around is system restore.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

i didn't find the powerchute buggy at all
i downloaded the latest version from the APC site

which UPS are you using?

edit
i am thinking of adding a 6850 to my setup
the local dealer says i have to pay 10.8k upfront for the MSI6850 incl VAT
didn't expect the price to be so high
confused whether will the apc 650va handle it?
APC 650va, maybe the new software works good but its still another third party software running in the background, I hate this, let windows internal software take care of this, same functionality.

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
Purchased a cooler master 120 mm Blue led fan(R4-L2S-122B-GP) *1 for my cabby @ Rs.350 from smc international (nehru palace) New Delhi.

Last edited:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@tkin
i haven't used the windows inbuilt functionality so i can't say much about it
does it turn off the PC when the battery is at x%?

BTW
i guess it is high time you uncrossed the fingers on your GPU :p
it has stood the test of time hasn't it?

vinayan

Broken In
Hi..i upgraded my age old machine last week..i was really helped through the several threads in this forum..i was a bit afraid about buying online but the experience has been good..although lynx-india was not recommended by most in many forums, they have the lowest prices including taxes and shipping..i assembled it myself by watching people assemble in youtube and referring the manuals..i was amazed to see the system getting powered on at the first time..
thanks to all guys who helped..particularly jaskanwar,piyush,vickybat,funkysaurav,desiibond,ishu and nbaztec
Item Product Price Through Store
Processor Amd Athlon II X4 635 4400 Direct Delta Peripherals
Motherboard MSI 880-GMA-E45 5200 Direct Delta Peripherals
PSU FSP Saga II 500w 2500 Online Delta Peripherals
GPU Sapphire HD 6850 10100 Online Lynx-India
Monitor Dell ST2220M 8500 Direct IMC, Kochi
Hard disk Seagete SATA 500 GB 1750 Direct Delta Peripherals
Keyboard & Mouse iBall desking cherry 700 Direct Novo,Chalakudy
UPS V-Guard 600 2000 Direct Novo,Chalakudy
DVD Drive LG 22X Sata 875 Direct Delta Peripherals
Cabinet CM Elite 310 1600 Direct Pooja Tech,Kochin
Total 37625

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats Vinayan!!! Very good purchase. Assembling yourself is probably the most satisfying experience in building a PC. Congrats again!!!

One question, are you planning to OC it?

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin
i haven't used the windows inbuilt functionality so i can't say much about it
does it turn off the PC when the battery is at x%?

BTW
i guess it is high time you uncrossed the fingers on your GPU :p
it has stood the test of time hasn't it?
First, when battery levels reach reserve level(say, 40%) it gives a warning in the taskbar, also you can set windows to run a program etc, then at a critical level(say 10%) it can shutoff/hibernate/sleep the pc. Just like reserve fuel in old auto rickshaws.

PS: Ain't gonna remove that icon, I believe I am jinxed.
On a side note, ATI driver developer team is just a bunch of retard monkeys, their latest 11.2 drivers are frequently giving me the 100% GPU load bug, I have to run a gadget to constantly monitor the gpu load levels and restart when this happens, a true WTF!! moment, happens almost every time when 2d acceleration is activated(like IE9, FF beta), so issue is with the driver, not with the program(does not happen with nVidia), I WILL NEVER BUY ATI EVER AGAIN, one issue after another, first sleep BSOD then this crap.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I am totally against the cayman's if recent amd gpu's are to be talked about. Barts offer terrific value though. Amd should have stuck with vliw5.

d3p

PowerHouse
Recently Purchased : Palit Geforce GTX 570 Sonic Platinum.

Purchase date:14-Mar-2011
Price : 350USD = 15838.00 [considering one $ = Rs. 45.25]
Place : Farmington Hill
City of Purchase: MI

Other Product Considered: Asus Geforce GTX 570 Direct CU-II

Asus Review : ASUS GTX 570 Review » Page 6 - Testing: Metro 2033 - Overclockers Club

Palit Review: Palit GTX 570 Sonic Platinum Review » Page 17 - Conclusion - Overclockers Club

Both of them have a similar perfomance, temperature @ idle & loadings, but Palit was cheaper

Currently on the way, hopefully i will receive it within a day or two.

I will post some more pics, after i receive it.

As i committed, please find the photos
*img228.imageshack.us/i/sam0357m.jpg
*img143.imageshack.us/i/sam0358h.jpg
*img858.imageshack.us/i/sam0359q.jpg
*img69.imageshack.us/i/sam0362z.jpg
*img194.imageshack.us/i/sam0363z.jpg
*img97.imageshack.us/i/sam0364e.jpg
*img714.imageshack.us/i/sam0366t.jpg

Last edited:

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
What color the led is? And I think its Cooler Master.

yeh, its cooler master Blue led,1200 RPM and 39.77 cfm sorry edited my post

2 fans for 350 only?
no bro its Rs. 350 for a single fan (i wish it could be price for 2 fans ) , Mr. Gurmeet told me Rs 400 as its price but after a little bargaining final price Rs 350 .

Congrats :). Can you please share the Product link? I don't find a LED Fan for Rs.350!
they don't have the link on their site, call them and order them on phone .or visit the store.

Top Bottom