Post your latest Purchase

S_V

In the zone
PS: I looked at your setup and it looked sparkly clean, no dust anywhere, how often do you clean it? Is it brand new?

I clean once in every 1 month or 20 days....

My rig is 5 months old.....:razz: Thanks to my 800D which is not good at attracting Dust...

tkin

Back to school!!
I clean once in every 1 month or 20 days....

My rig is 5 months old.....:razz: Thanks to my 800D which is not good at attracting Dust...
OMG!! First thing I'm gonna buy after getting a job will be the 800D(or the newer version), I hate dust and fear it like the plague, you'll faint if you see the inside of my cabinet(there are spiders nesting in it as we speak), and theres enough dust to start a sandstorm.

D

Deleted member 26636

you'll faint if you see the inside of my cabinet(there are spiders nesting in it as we speak), and theres enough dust to start a sandstorm.

you should see the inside of the cabinet of my older PC...actually you can't...since its like a desert inside & everything is covered in dust..i am almost certain some lucky insects have made it their home..:mrgreen: :-D

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
OMG!! First thing I'm gonna buy after getting a job will be the 800D(or the newer version), I hate dust and fear it like the plague, you'll faint if you see the inside of my cabinet(there are spiders nesting in it as we speak), and theres enough dust to start a sandstorm.

PETA will be really happy to read that, send them a pic
lol:twisted:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
you should see the inside of the cabinet of my older PC...actually you can't...since its like a desert inside & everything is covered in dust..i am almost certain some lucky insects have made it their home..:mrgreen: :-D

There is a thing called 'vacuum cleaner' available in the world :))

tkin

Back to school!!
There is a thing called 'vacuum cleaner' available in the world :))
Oh!! The effort, take the cabby out, use the blower, clean the room afterwards, too much to handle, maybe once every three months(or until my cpu fans start to clog up).

S_V

In the zone
@Guys

lol.... about dust...

See usually if they are lot of Intake fans ,no cabinet can do anything about dust unless dust filters still dust passes those filters. But it's better than direct air blowing into cabinet..

Second you should keep your room clean too. Less dust in your room means less dirty air passes into cabinet..

Using Vaccum cleaner is very risky for Computer components.. Less watt motor is safe than higher watt motors.. They damage circuits boards if blown directly into them..

Personally I recommend couple of medium size paint brushes and use one for components and other for cabinet corners as well as Fan blades... Just make sure the feathers are very soft.. Finally use mild wet cloth for exterior's and interior's of cabinet along with Fan Blades and never use wet cloth for components or any circuit circuit boards...

Finally Lots of patiences needed.. Never clean in Hurry because results won't be good..

That's the secret of mine to make my cabby clean and shine....

Would you guys believe that my Monitor is Near 2 Years old and still it's shining Like brand new......

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/Fullview.jpg

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
+1 to that.

Dust takes a toll on our systems, even if we keep it in an integral room with an A/C unit. As a rule, when ever the maid cleans/sweeps my room I shut down the computer and cover the monitor/chassis with large sheets, that is the prime time for dust intake. Inward fans pull in a lot of dust. The type of systems we all have (i.e. heavy GPUs/massive coolers) they need to be cleaned out thoroughly minimal every 4-5 months. I take it all apart clean it up. Small thin paint brushes do the job, and a hand held vacuum cleaner for static parts like fans, and HSFs. Summers it gets quite difficult with more heat in India. Also one in 6 months -- I totally open up my GPUs and clean them out. A ton of guck is in there. And RE-TIM the GPU cores.

This is what it becomes after six months:
*img28.imageshack.us/img28/9458/1000904c.jpg
*img156.imageshack.us/img156/1958/1000961h.jpg
[IMG]*img23.imageshack.us/img23/1094/1000924w.jpg[/IMG]

This is what it should be:
*img534.imageshack.us/img534/431/1000909k.jpg
*img99.imageshack.us/img99/7498/1000968.jpg

S_V

In the zone
@Anil

Thanks mate.. You did add lot of info which i failed to mention it even though i am following..
Yes,, When cleaning room ,dust sucks in more than normal. Either shutdown or cover with cloth for few mins.

You clean it for 4 or 5 months... oh god. :shock: .. i can't wait that long.. so i clean once in every month on weekend..

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

u wont find any dust in HDD recovery/testing labs....

well i clean my cabby once in 4months....

Those are Vaccum sealed Rooms.. And you can't compare them with normal conditions.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It takes me hours to clean it out, and put it back. Never have that much time on weekends, or be offline..!

d3p

PowerHouse
@Asingh : BTW how many years back did you purchase those 4890's ?

I know they are awesome performers till date, but how much was the damage to the pocket ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I got them in May/June 2009.
~!14.8K per head.

They were the final upgrade to the king HD4870 in terms of architecture and clocks. Worked out cheaper than the HD4870x2 at that time.

Still love 'em.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
arey hand vac naam ki cheez bhi hoti hai jo car or keyboard laptops ko clean karney ke kaam aata hai.

it looks like a hair dryer but has a handle on it.

keep an eye on telebrands on tv :D

ajayritik

Technomancer
I don't remember when was the last time I opened my Cabinet and cleaned the dust inside.
Guys any suggestions on what kind of material should we use to cover the Monitor, cabinet, keyboard etc. I remember getting one kind of thing from the computer shop which l heard made specifically to avoid dust. Also heard should not use cloth made material to cover the computer.

Top Bottom