Post your latest Purchase

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
offtopic, your 9600GT was able to drive games on ur 24" screen ? what all games were you able to play ?
Of course yes, I was able to play most of the new games in Full HD, as of now I have played Farcry 2 and Assassins Creed 2 in FULL HD with everything maxxed out. Battlefield BC2 too ran smoothly in Full HD, but stuttered at times. COD4 & COD6 in Full HD with everything High to max.
Batman Arkham Asylum in Full HD with med to high settings. Blur with everything maxxed out.

*Maxxed out means, I maxxed out every available setting, donno if there are any hidden auto adjust options depending on Hardware.

BTW I even posted Full HD screenshots of COD6 from my rig ,long back in some thread in TDF. Lets see if I can find it !!

I feel my rig is running better after the PSU upgrade(VX450) or it is just my illusion ;). But during purchase of this rig, I carefully chose every component so that there are no major bandwidth bottlenecks barring the HDD as usual (Went for Single platter 250 owing to lower seek times), Everything was balanced back then with Sony 17" LCD Monitor (HS75p), with the addition of Dell S2409 I feared I might have to compromise on Games, but so far my rig always surprised me with its capability.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Yep got it :))

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-gamers/122522-wow-call-duty-modern-warfare-2-awsome-2.html#post1186236

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks @sam.shab :)

Actually even this has got both lateral vents and bottom vents, it runs quiet and I'm actually typing this with Laptop on my lap, air from bottom vents is not that hot at all :)

and yeah the graphics soultion is Radeon 5650 1GB :), but it is downclocked to run cooler.

Haven't installed any games yet, have to see how good it is ;)

maybe Sony done its homework well. cause as many HP lappies i used this (also last year), all have this heat problem. even with IGP (intel based).

BTW even if the HD5650 is underclocked, the 1Gb memory should help it out fill the gap. also will give you slightly better battery life at the expense of a few less FPS.

Yeah I'm moving out of home for my post graduation, Got rank in VIT, Vellore and Laptop is mandatory for my course(MCA), hence the purchase :)

oh congrats buddy. all the best :p

offtopic: is it mandatory that laptop should have a graphics card? or was it for your gaming needs? :wink:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
maybe Sony done its homework well. cause as many HP lappies i used this (also last year), all have this heat problem. even with IGP (intel based).

BTW even if the HD5650 is underclocked, the 1Gb memory should help it out fill the gap. also will give you slightly better battery life at the expense of a few less FPS.

oh congrats buddy. all the best :p

offtopic: is it mandatory that laptop should have a graphics card? or was it for your gaming needs? :wink:

Thank you :)

about the OT, Of-course didn't want to miss gaming coz of Laptop ;) Wish it was mandatory as well :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
another good option (and much smaller) option was Alienware MX11. now revision II available with Nvidia optimus tech & core i5 (ultra low voltage) based. but screen a bit too small. pricing will be a tad more i guess.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
another good option (and much smaller) option was Alienware MX11. now revision II available with Nvidia optimus tech & core i5 (ultra low voltage) based. but screen a bit too small. pricing will be a tad more i guess.
Yeah pricing is insane, atleast Dell should have upgraded the XPS range with newer CPU's and GPU's. I have mailed them before going for Vaio and they said it will take time to release the fully upgraded XPS range. XPS17 already has Core ix series option I think.

Arnab boss

In the zone
guys help me..today i assembled my rig and just few min back my psu got caput.

It was cooler master xtreme series 600 w.i dont know the reason but it happened while i was waching movies just a sound with a flash came frm the psu.. I am confused.now as i connected my 32 inch with a vga cable is this a reason.
How many days it takes 4 rma 4 cooler master products.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

It was cooler master xtreme series 600 w.i dont know the reason but it happened while i was waching movies just a sound with a flash came frm the psu.. I am confused.now as i connected my 32 inch with a vga cable is this a reason.

extreme power is bad. but is it so bad that it can't take the load of the IGP. or you tied something like HD4870-4890 on it?

Arnab boss

In the zone
extreme power is bad. but is it so bad that it can't take the load of the IGP. or you tied something like HD4870-4890 on it?

nothing dude.i didnt buyed any gpu it only has a hd4250 inbuilt in it.
But i think the vga cable is the culpit as i connect my 32 inch with the cpu..but how can it b shall i get an hdmi cable 2 connect it.
How many days wil it take 4 rma.

nothing dude.i didnt buyed any gpu it only has a hd4250 inbuilt in it.
But i think the vga cable is the culpit as i connect my 32 inch with the cpu..but how can it b shall i get an hdmi cable 2 connect it.
How many days wil it take 4 rma.

for rma it would take 1-2 months. and it has nothing to do with display cable.

Arnab boss

In the zone
dude wht r u saying 1-2 mnts crap man.
Even my zebronics gav me within 9 days.

But this same thing happened with my frnds pc.he connected his 22 inch moniter with his vga cable and few days his psu blewed.and after few days his gpu blewed..
Now he is using dvi cable and every thing is fine.

So shall i use hdmi cable and change my psu.i wil b taking a hd 5770 gpu.so which psu to go 4.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I doubt a VGA cable connection can cause the PSU to to conk off. Why the heck did you use an analog cable on a digital device anyways. And why did you get a CM E series PSU. I have seen you quite frequent here. Anyways, take it to your retailer, and tell him you were using it normally and it has gone bad. Do not mention anything about cables and all -- since the two are not related. See if you can get a refund or a proof of purchase note from CM.

Get a better PSU. The CX400 by Corsair would suit you.

Seriously, Coolermaster should stop making the Coolermaster Extreme series PSU. Nearly every month I read 3-4 similar cases. Gosh.

coolsunny

Journeyman

I am using same psu. Model is: RS-600-PCAR-E3. R u using the same model??
Stil now mine is ok. but for last 1 week my monitor is giving digital / analog problem all the time. screen goes black & comes back. controls go crazy all the time. waiting for service.
By the way i am not using any UPS. Thinking to buy Numeric 600VA one.

Last edited:

fabler

Journeyman
from where and whats the price ? please post pics ?

I've imported it from US and it cost me 27.5K. I don't have pics right now.. But will post it when I take some. :) The phone is amazing.. And you cannot imagine it's speed. It's running android 2.2 right now. 3D games are so smooth and looks good on that s3xy screen. :D

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
My Latest Purchase:-

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 ghz RS.10,100
MSI 890GXM-G65 890 gxm G65 RS7,200.00
G.Skill Ripkaws F3-10600 1600MHz CL9 2GB1600mhz RS6,200.00
Segate Barcuda 5000 g.b 500GB RS 2,000.00
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced RS5,500.00
Cosair VX 550W Rs.4600.00
Purchased 2*120MM Cooler Master(Non-Led) fans Rs. 400(both)

Total Rs.35800
Purchased from SMC International (Nehru Place_.I will Post Images Soon.

Is this a complete gaming rig or are you thinking of some heavy audio/video editing???

Last edited:

fabler

Journeyman
why so costly in US? If i buy directly from USA, will it be cheaper ?

Nope.. I've got the unlocked version of nexus one directly from google online store. Still the price is same. And yeah.. as compared to iPhone 3GS 32GB in india. Nexus one is cheaper.