Post your latest Purchase

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Purchased the following today,

> Enter Bluetooth Dongle = Rs.150 (1 Year Warranty)
> Cabinet Fan = Rs.30
> 22 DVD's = Each at Rs.12

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@KaranTh85 - If they are kept & handled properly then they will definitely last long.

@Revolution - Normal cabinet fan. It was taken by my friend who could not afford Cooler Master. The fan spins but very slowly & doesn't seems to dissipate any heat. Offcourse what more can you expect in 30 bucks.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mac mini for 43,900.

Specifications:
  • 2.53 Ghz Core 2 Duo P8700
  • 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz
  • 320GB Hard Disk
  • 8x double-layer Super Drive
  • nVidia 9400m graphics :(
  • Built-in 802.11n Wifi
  • Gigabit ethernet
  • Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
  • Built-in speaker
and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. :)

tbh, a Mac mini doesn't work out-of-the-box. It's out of it's package, but still isn't working. Guess why?
A Mac mini is only supplied with a Mini-DVI to DVI cable. Apple didn't specify that it's actually DVI-D. :| Before getting the Mac mini, I had already bought a DVI-I to VGA cable for it. And now it doesn't work as DVI-I has 4 additional analog pins.
Now I'll have to buy a mini-DVI to VGA cable from Apple for Rs.1000. :|

Pics to follow soon.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I've recently bought router :

1. Planet ADE 4400 adsl 4 port router : Rs 2500

Problem:
The details of my router is
System
Alias Name ADSL Modem/Router
Software Version 1.3.9.11
DSP Version 2.8.1.6
DSL
DSL mode T1.413 G.Dmt ADSL2 ADSL2+

Well, it seem to have old driver. So, I want to upgrade its firmware. But the problem is that there is nothing information about its version. Whether it is v2 or v3. So can anybody help me?
Firmwares are available here: *www.planet.com.tw/en/support/download2.php?id=2538&file_type=65&prod_model=ADE-4400
Be careful. But you still don't know the correct hardware revision version of the modem.

tbh, I always trust Linksys and Netgear over Chinese companies. Planet is okay. But the former mentioned are better IMHO.

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Mac mini for 43,900.

Specifications:
  • 2.53 Ghz Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz
  • 320GB Hard Disk
  • 8x double-layer Super Drive
  • nVidia 9400m graphics :(
  • Built-in 802.11n Wifi
  • Gigabit ethernet
  • Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
  • Built-in speaker
and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. :)

tbh, a Mac mini doesn't work out-of-the-box. It's out of it's package, but still isn't working. Guess why?
A Mac mini is only supplied with a Mini-DVI to DVI cable. Apple didn't specify that it's actually DVI-D. :| Before getting the Mac mini, I had already bought a DVI-I to VGA cable for it. And now it doesn't work as DVI-I has 4 additional analog pins.
Now I'll have to buy a mini-DVI to VGA cable from Apple for Rs.1000. :|

Pics to follow soon.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

*www.planet.com.tw/en/support/download2.php?id=2538&file_type=65&prod_model=ADE-4400
Be careful.

lol congo ..:-D

anyway why mac man?

i got same config... acer 5738 @30k :-D...i think u hav branded OS! n apple though

exept my core2duo is 2.2GHZ

what the big deal 13k extra:shock:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ The Mac mini actually has P8700. :)

I actually needed a 'portable Desktop' which has low power consumption, good performance and could potentially be used as a server. :)

*img163.imageshack.us/img163/2906/dsc01245p.th.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

@ICO:
Wow..nice stuff...what will you do with this MM. Quite expensive I must say.
Hosting a UrT server and my normal Desktop use. I'll set up SSH and create an account for LFC_fan so that he could also use it for his IRC bots and other things. :D

Being accustomed to Linux, I find Windows really weird. I needed something easy to use and which isn't Windows.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
aah...My turn! :D

1. WD Caviar 1.5TB Green 64MB Cache - 5.8K
2. Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Soundcard - 4.6K
3. Zyxel 802.11n Wi-Fi Router (5Db Signal Strength) - 2.5K
4. Corsair XMS2 Gaming DDR2 RAM - 5K

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Nehru Place..? Which shop..? Specially the WD HDD..? How much is 1 TB for...?

Sorry for the blitzkrieg of questions...!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Laptop Keyboard protection silicone skin - Rs.50
Enter USB Bluetooth Dongle - Rs.150
TAG SATA to USB HDD Casing - Rs.550

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
Nehru Place..? Which shop..? Specially the WD HDD..? How much is 1 TB for...?
Sorry for the blitzkrieg of questions...!
Yeah! Mass Computers. Luckily, WD Green 1.5TB (3 Platters Configuration, 64MB Cache 5400-7200 rpm) was available on that day. :)
WD 1TB Green is ~4.5K and WD 1TB Black is ~5.2K.
Just to inform that, both 1TB Black and 1.5TB Green are in shortage there. WD 1TB Green is readily available.
And you are welcome for any queries, pal. :)

Top Bottom