Post your latest Purchase

vikingboy

Right off the assembly line
Re: Post what you purchased.

Hi guys..

purchased a system from nehru place today and assembled it myself..
here are the components and what they cost me...

Intel core 2 duo 1.80 (E4300) - 5,100
Asus P5N-E SLI mobo - 7,650
Kingston 1GB DDR2 667 x2 - 3,650
Seagate 160GB SATA2 - 2,265
LG 16x dual layer DVDwriter - 1,375
PCI-E Point Of View 7600GT 256mb - 6,650
Samsung 19" widescreen LCD 940NW - 11,300
Logitech G1 gaming combo KB/mouse - 1,550
APC 500VA UPS - 2,085
Amigo ATX cabinet - 1,700
Cooler Master 380W SMPS - 1,750
Kingston 2gb data traveller pendrive - 740
Orchid 100m bluetooth - 215
Quantum 26 in 1 card reader - 140
80mm x4 chassis fan - 120
Intex 5.1 channel 5800w speakers - 3,650

Total - 49,940

kooabs03

Banned

since u bought the system just today it would be better if u go for atleast 650VA APC UPS ~2700 (to be future proof):)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

vikingboy said:
Hi guys..

purchased a system from nehru place today and assembled it myself..
here are the components and what they cost me...

Intel core 2 duo 1.80 (E4300) - 5,100
Asus P5N-E SLI mobo - 7,650
Kingston 1GB DDR2 667 x2 - 3,650
Seagate 160GB SATA2 - 2,265
LG 16x dual layer DVDwriter - 1,375
PCI-E Point Of View 7600GT 256mb - 6,650
Samsung 19" widescreen LCD 940NW - 11,300
Logitech G1 gaming combo KB/mouse - 1,550
APC 500VA UPS - 2,085
Amigo ATX cabinet - 1,700
Cooler Master 380W SMPS - 1,750
Kingston 2gb data traveller pendrive - 740
Orchid 100m bluetooth - 215
Quantum 26 in 1 card reader - 140
80mm x4 chassis fan - 120
Intex 5.1 channel 5800w speakers - 3,650

Total - 49,940

Now thats what i say value for money!!!

vikingboy

Right off the assembly line

since u bought the system just today it would be better if u go for atleast 650VA APC UPS ~2700 (to be future proof)

what for ???
LCD screens dont take much power and anyways i needed the UPS only for surge protection not for backup as power outages are really rare where i live..

Now thats what i say value for money!!!

:D:D

380W SMPS? Does it make a gud system? What happens in (near) future?
according to this calculator..
Code:
*www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine
i really need just 238w power supply to run all my components... and since i dont plan to run SLi or add another HDD for a pretty long time so i dont really see the need..
if the case arises after all.. then i have a spare 500w lying around :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Item Purchased: Viewsonic VG921M 19 inch LCD TFT
Place: Vedant Infosys, Chadni Chalk
Price: 11350 (Inclusive Vat)

Tried to find 19 inch normal resolution tft with DVI ( Brand: samsung, viewsonic, AOC) a lot in big and small shops
But couldn'r find a single piece. Anyhow finally settled with viewsonic VG921M 19 inch TFT which is
Digit's this month's silver award winner in 19 inch category.

The external power cord suplied with the monitor was unable to fit into my comps ups
socket. Then i found that it was a power cord to use in USA & canada (125V, 7AMP).
I was panic striken and confused about what type of cable to use.
Then I had used my good old LG 15 inch CRT's Power cord & Voila! it worked :)

I think VIEWSONIC Should Consider with importance to deliver power cables according to
countrywise standard. I mean if they exported these monitors in here they should provide
cable according to this country's standards.

Anyone knows from where to get 478 pin based proc at kolkata

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

When I bought my Viewsonic 19" (VX922) few months back , I received the correct power cable and also DVI and VGA cables.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

janitha said:
When I bought my Viewsonic 19" (VX922) few months back , I received the correct power cable and also DVI and VGA cables.

Whats the price for this model bro? Seems to be perfect feature wise. Low Response, DVI, Good Contrast ratio. :)

janitha

Wise Old Owl

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Whats the price for this model bro? Seems to be perfect feature wise. Low Response, DVI, Good Contrast ratio. :)

At that time I had to pay 17.5K. Should be much less now.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

janitha said:
At that time I had to pay 17.5K. Should be much less now.
Ah, thanks for replying. :) Hmm not for me it seems, i was thinking MAX of 13500. Till now i have decided ASUS TFT or Viewsonic :)

BTW, Benq is very cheap here. Entry level 19 TFT for 11000 (all inclusive). How are they ? if anyone knows

janitha

Wise Old Owl

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Ah, thanks for replying. :) Hmm not for me it seems, i was thinking MAX of 13500. Till now i have decided ASUS TFT or Viewsonic :)

BTW, Benq is very cheap here. Entry level 19 TFT for 11000 (all inclusive). How are they ? if anyone knows
It should be within your budget. The LCD prices have come down drastically of late.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

monkey said:
380W SMPS? Does it make a gud system? What happens in (near) future?

All that matters is the smooth running of the system.If u are an overclocker then u need a hefty PSU.
I 've read somewhere on the web that even a monster computer i.e.
1.QX6700.
2.STRIKER EXTREME.
3.8800 GTX in SLI.
4.6 X 300 SATA 3GB/s HDD.
5.2 DVD Writers.
6. 6 X 120 & 80 mm Case Fans.
7.etc...

requires 550 Watts quality PSU!!!!!!!
They used Thermaltake 550Watt.
Also they said the CORSAIR 620HX is also a good PSU.
Its all depend on the efficiency of the PSU.

If his system runs smoothly on a 380Watts PSU,then its a kill dude!!!!

See,in INDIA there is a huge power issues.Like the electricity crisis(....bills....u know what i m saying).We are not like Russia where elecricity is free of cost.Its one of the most expensive & widely used resource.
So go little "eco-frendly" & save the power & save it for the places where there is no electricity & also SAVE MY & YOUR $$$ guys because u gonna need it in building new RIGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.......SMOKING!!!!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

topgear said:
Item Purchased: Viewsonic VG921M 19 inch LCD TFT
Place: Vedant Infosys, Chadni Chalk
Price: 11350 (Inclusive Vat)

Tried to find 19 inch normal resolution tft with DVI ( Brand: samsung, viewsonic, AOC) a lot in big and small shops
But couldn'r find a single piece. Anyhow finally settled with viewsonic VG921M 19 inch TFT which is
Digit's this month's silver award winner in 19 inch category.

The external power cord suplied with the monitor was unable to fit into my comps ups
socket. Then i found that it was a power cord to use in USA & canada (125V, 7AMP).
I was panic striken and confused about what type of cable to use.
Then I had used my good old LG 15 inch CRT's Power cord & Voila! it worked :)

I think VIEWSONIC Should Consider with importance to deliver power cables according to
countrywise standard. I mean if they exported these monitors in here they should provide
cable according to this country's standards.

Anyone knows from where to get 478 pin based proc at kolkata

hmm, I have that kind of power cable u are talking about, that came with my viewsonic, and I find it better than the cables we use here, It fits nicely in my switchboard(these days most switchboards are made taking that into account), and is better than the usual ones.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz

Bought W810i few dayz bak,honestly speaking this fone rox,gr8 sound,gr8 cam,gud luks,gud battery backup etc.cheers

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Kniwor said:
hmm, I have that kind of power cable u are talking about, that came with my viewsonic, and I find it better than the cables we use here, It fits nicely in my switchboard(these days most switchboards are made taking that into account), and is better than the usual ones.

Kniwor
Is that power cable's rating is 7amp, 125V. Look on the pin side of the cable carefully ie which goes into the switchboard.

Also do you know where to look for 478 pin based proc at chadni

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

topgear said:
Kniwor
Is that power cable's rating is 7amp, 125V. Look on the pin side of the cable carefully ie which goes into the switchboard.

Also do you know where to look for 478 pin based proc at chadni

yeah I saw that, I dont really care about power-cable ratings

btw, in chandni, di u know samay, the guy that sells all mobile batteries/IC's/Headphones, all sort of rare stuff u dont find anywhere, go to that street, there's a small shop (really tiny) satyam computes, or something like that, a bald guy sits, he again sells all the stuff we dont usually get on other shops, ask the guy he might have it, also, there's a few shops around who buy/sell used comp parts, just enquire....

royal

Padawan

Kniwor said:
btw, in chandni, di u know samay, the guy that sells all mobile batteries/IC's/Headphones, all sort of rare stuff u dont find anywhere, go to that street, there's a small shop (really tiny) satyam computes, or something like that, a bald guy sits, he again sells all the stuff we dont usually get on other shops

Where exactly is it ???:confused:

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

royal said:
Where exactly is it ???:confused:

u know sabir in chandni right, the place where all of us eat chicken when we go there...... (yaar you got my mouth watering)

anyhow, from that square, go to the side opposite to sabir/vedant
then take the third right turn, (dont include gali's as turns, just proper roads), look on the left side, there's orange board, SAMAY, he will give u all the weird stuff u want for mobiles/networking that u cant find anywhere.

Ask samay and he will tell u satyam, really small stall, but will give u all the weird computer stuff... (jacks/pins/switches etc....) and a lot more, he will also buy any used thing u wanna sell, I often dump my used comp stuff there.....

royal

Padawan

Kniwor said:
he will give u all the weird stuff u want for mobiles/networking that u cant find anywhere

Do you think he can give me a IDE/SATA to USB connector ? :confused: I really need one .:(

Top Bottom