Post your latest Purchase

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Re: Post what you purchased.

@ranjan
The DVI cable cost me Rs.350/- and regarding the picture quality, its a tad better than samsung 940BW but veiwing angle is same. Using DVI cable does improve picture quality compared to the packaged VGA cable.
Setting (OSD) is a bit confusing but there is also auto adjust button. But I prefer manual adjustment than auto as it gives me more control.
@sam
Will post some pic with my now dual LCD setup and new zebronics peace cabby.

Adhip007

Journeyman

Bought 19" LCD-TFT viewsonic VA1912w for RS 12,500+VAT From Supreme at Kolkata

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

@Adhip007
Congrats for the purchase............I had also considered it (VA1912w) but due to the lack of digital connector (DVI input), I bought BENQ LCD.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent

john_the_ultimate said:
I had also considered it (VA1912w) but due to the lack of digital connector (DVI input), I bought BENQ LCD.
John does it not have a DVI input ? I remember it has dvi I demo it in last november.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

@ranjan
Ya buddy, the VA1912w doesnot have DVI input you can also confirm from their site here (only analog connector): *ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=253

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent

John,
It surly has DVI I tested it with dvi so i remember

*reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/monitors/0,1000001018,39258736,00.htm
*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=73874&cat_id=630
*www.tech2.com/india/reviews/monitors-tftlcd/viewsonic-va1912wwb/1340/0

Seems ur vendor gave u wrong info, I remember discussing this model was the only model which performed perfectly out of the box.

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?

Purchase date: 23/03/2007

Items:
LG DVD Writer --- 2250
DiNet 512 RAM DDR1 --- 2050
DiNet 512 RAM DDR1 --- 2050

Retailer:
Z. Technologies,
PoloView, Residency Road,
Srinagar, 190001, JK.

Other Product Considered:
256Mb PixelShader-II Complaint Video Card for Vista

Did not get Graphics/Video Card, because the budget was low.

Suggestions/Problems after Purchase:
Can Anyone reply me with cost of LOWEST range Graphics Card, 256Mb,(Any Company), with PixelShader-II Complaint Support, main thing for Vista.
I just want to run Windows Vista, NO rendering, NO Gaming, NO video, .....
Only for Windows Vista Minimum recoimemded Hardware!

saurabh DH

Broken In

Hi, got following stuff on,

Date 24-03-07

P D 2.4 (820) -4000/-
Asus P5NE-SLI -8050/-
1GB Kingston (667)- 3800/-
DVD RW Sony- 1850/-
Seagare Barracuda 250 GB SATA-3490/-
PSU Zeb Platinum 500- 1875/-
Coolermaster Centurion Chassis-4000/-
Logitech G1 Combo-1500/-
17" Samsung (798 MB+)-6075/-
XFX 4600 GT -8600/-

Well ranjan Here it is the updated one.

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent

Saurabh the idea of his thread is to know the prices too, so please edit ur post & mention the price too of each.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

@ranjan
I also had read those review and on basis of that I went on to buy the LCD but the vendor showed me the monitor and there was no DVI connector (strange) and as you can see it is also not mentioned on the viewsonic site either. It says that it has only D-Sub (analog) input. Neways thanks for the info.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent

Quite strange from my demo I remember that the dealer had specially arranged a DVI graphic card as I asked him that I need the demo on dvi signal as I had to test it with separate hardware based color calibrator.....but surprisingly it was so perfect that I did not need any color calibration.

May be we have different version of this monitor having the same model no.

premsharma

In the zone

john_the_ultimate said:
@Adhip007
Congrats for the purchase............I had also considered it (VA1912w) but due to the lack of digital connector (DVI input), I bought BENQ LCD.

I bought Viewsoniv VG 1930 WM which has DVI. But @ Adhip007 for you VG 1912 WM [19" wide] would have been better suited.

ranjan2001 said:
Quite strange from my demo I remember that the dealer had specially arranged a DVI graphic card as I asked him that I need the demo on dvi signal as I had to test it with separate hardware based color calibrator.....but surprisingly it was so perfect that I did not need any color calibration.

May be we have different version of this monitor having the same model no.

See there is some confusion here. VA series is different & VG [viewsonic Graphics] series is different. The one you are talking VA 1912 19" is entry level & do not have DVI. The VG 1912 WM [19" wide] is gamers model and it is also enetry level in 19 wide, but this also do not have DVI. The DVI model is VG 1930 WM.

Now they have launched wide models in 17" also. First company to launch 17" wide. It is very nice.

Though DVI may be reqired for graphics card but TFTs always have 2 D-Sub or 1 D-Sub and 1 DVI. But if you have to connect external TV tuner then this DVI is useless because you can't make use of it.

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

@ premsharma
That's what I know.........the VG series has DVI connector and VA series doesn't. Even the Viewsonic VA1703wb (17" wide LCD) only has D-Sub connector.

premsharma

In the zone

john_the_ultimate said:
@ premsharma
That's what I know.........the VG series has DVI connector and VA series doesn't. Even the Viewsonic VA1703wb (17" wide LCD) only has D-Sub connector.

I remember all the Vg series do not have DVI. I was told that VG1912 WM 19" wide] also does not have DVI and thus I was suggested VG1930 WM.

hailgautam

Youngling

1. Purchase date: 26-03-2007

2. Hardware purchased with price: Web Cam MS VX 1000 Rs. 1500
2. Hardware purchased with price:CD Bag 40 CD/ leather finish Rs. 75
2. Hardware purchased with price:Moser Bear DVD RW 1 no. 60
2. Hardware purchased with price:Enter Mini optical mouse- retractable cable - Rs. 175
2. Hardware purchased with price:USB Cable A-B Rs. 25
2. Hardware purchased with price:Intex Head Phone with Mic Rs. 60

3. Place/retailer details and address: AAA Computer Hardware, Shop No. 67, Chandralok Complex, SD Road, Secunderabad 500003

4. City of Purchase.Secunderabad(Hyderabad)

5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the
current product.):
Web Cam - MS VX 3000 and 6000 more expensive though got auto focus feature. I also gave a look on one Logitech one, but the seller wanted me to buy the MS one so bought that only.

(the seller and me have a good relation as since last 5 years I am buying all the good from him only so I don't bargain (I don't like to actually) and the seller gives me a good price, well it may not be the cheapest one but then I can take any product for replacement to him and he replaces with out much fuss)

For CD Bag inexpensive ones worth Rs. 50 -but leather finish looks good.

Mouse Logitech but price 675, comes with retractable cord, retracts into the mouse itself.

Cable A-A USB Cable - me and the seller were confused what I was trying to buy :D, but later he identified that I wanted a USB Printer Cable.

DVD RW Sony, but my friend who was buying it for himself wanted Moser Bare only :confused:

Head phones i ball speaker set Rs. 550, felt too much spending is not good, so stick with the least cost option. recently had bought one of Zebronics for 75 and i was ok with it.

6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase. I will tell if i have any.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

Purchase date: 28th March, 2007

1) Asus A8N-VM ..........Rs.2650 + vat
2) Seagate 160GB SATA II..........Rs. Rs. 2500 + vat
3) Sony DRU-170C DVD writer........Rs. 1975 + vat

All the stuff are working fine.

@sam9s
Here is my setup with dual lcd and new zebronics peace cabby. The left one is BENQ FP92W and the other SAMSUNG 940BW.

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.0d156c3dd3.jpg

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent

Congrats John, for going 2 w i d e s c r e e n, now if you can post comparison of benq vs samsung.

Why did u not opt for 2nd 940B?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

Thanks Sam.

@ranjan
940BW wasn't available and as I had mentioned earlier the difference is minimum. One thing though Benq is more stable (stand is better) compared to samsung.

Top Bottom