Post Your GNU/Linux Desktop here

Need some help here. How to change the KDE panel clock to 12Hr clock with AM and PM? Simply can't withstand a 24Hr one!!
Second,how to get the plasmoid now playing for Amarok?
Last and a bit offtopic,I'm on Amarok 1.4,how to install amarok 2?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Need some help here. How to change the KDE panel clock to 12Hr clock with AM and PM? Simply can't withstand a 24Hr one!!
Second,how to get the plasmoid now playing for Amarok?

@FilledVoid,yeah took me a whole day but worth the effort:D

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Using yaourt
Code:
[filledvoid@Earth ~]$ yaourt -Ss amarok2
aur/amarok2 2.0.2-1 (249)
    KDE Music Player
aur/amarok2-svn 936984-1 (68)
    Amarok2 - a media player for KDE
Go to System Settings > Regional and languages > Date and Time > Change time format to have AMPM at the end HH:MM:SS AMPM should be right I think.

Finally my KDE 4.2 desktop :)
*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9276/snapshot1k.th.png​

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
dude I am on fedora 10 and kde 4.1 shall i upgrade to KDE 4.2?
Its a matter of personal choice. If you would like to try it out sure. Go ahead it shouldn;t be so hard to install it. Or at least it wasn't on Arch.

vamsi360

Always confused
Its a matter of personal choice. If you would like to try it out sure. Go ahead it shouldn;t be so hard to install it. Or at least it wasn't on Arch.

I will install kde 4.2 on Arch after my semister and I have got no time now. I am using fedora as my primary OS for almost an year as it has no problems whatsoever except the touchpad problem which i fixed by posting the question here and getting the answer.
Dude....include how to configure bluetooth headset and keyboard/mouse in your FAQ sticky thread. Its a must. If you want I will give you the solution. I have tried different means and finally got through myself.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Dude....include how to configure bluetooth headset and keyboard/mouse in your FAQ sticky thread. Its a must. If you want I will give you the solution. I have tried different means and finally got through myself.
I don't have a bluetooth headset. Secondly, none of the threads are really anything I have done. I've just linked worthwhile threads which might help others. If you believe a thread needs linking, then be free to send me the link and I'll be more than happy to put it up there.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
most of the desktops are resembles windows.. like start menu navigation / way of desktop icons...
Wants some revolution on desktop-front-end..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
most of the desktops are resembles windows.. like start menu navigation / way of desktop icons...
Gnome and KDE sort of have the same concept. Click on the lower left corner and get the menu. I really don't see why you would want to change that. However you could always install something like fluxbox or e17 and have a radical change in that. Or just install the AWN thingie.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

I think I understand what you mean. Yes there are other ways to navigate items. Xandros on EEE PC for example it mimics a cell phone kind of UI. Most of the programs are grouped on the desktop on the basis of the usage. This another way of looking at things.

A

anarchist

loving dust theme, now provided by default in ubuntu 9.04

*img407.imageshack.us/img407/7108/screenshotf.th.jpg

Rahim

Married!
^hehe it really does!!!!
BTW here's my Debian 'Lenny' KDE 4.2 Desktop.
*i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/rahimveron/th_snapshot2.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom