Post Your GNU/Linux Desktop here

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
after some basic modifications........here its mine !!!
*preview.shareapic.net/preview5/016927245.jpg

hows it now ??

Use some screen capture app and set timer for taking screenshot and activate the 3d effects.

how to enable 3d effects.......??? scrot have nothing like it or am i missing something ?....!!!

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track
1. Upgrade the repositories list first. Run this in terminal (you need a working internet connection) "sudo apt-get update" without quotes
2. Goto synaptic and search "compiz".. Mark for installation and Apply.. It will download from the repositories and install automatically..
3. Then goto appearances (right click on desktop and select "Appearances and Preferences") --> visual effects tab. Select the last option. If your hardware/driver supports 3d desktop effects, you will be able to select the last option. Else you will be stuck at no effects and basic effects
4. Alt + F2 to bring the run window and run compiz --replace
5. Again do Alt + F2 and run "ccsm" command to bring up compiz options
6. Select 3d windows plugin and other plugins if you want
7. Goto general tab and choose 4 desktops ( default is 2.. increase the slider to 4)
8. Close the compiz manager
9. Press Ctrl + alt + mouse left button and drag the mouse.. Voila you have a 3d desktop :cool:.. Enjoy your computer..!!

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
i hv done everything like above....!! Okay, but when i press ctrl+alt+mouse left button and dragged nothing happened............what did i miss ??? One more thing, i can see 4 desktops icons but unable to switch b/w them........!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i hv done everything like above....!! Okay, but when i press ctrl+alt+mouse left button and dragged nothing happened............what did i miss ??? One more thing, i can see 4 desktops icons but unable to switch b/w them........!!!

Enable desktop cube and rotate cube in compizconfig settings manager, then press mouse middle button to rotate :p

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hmm......like this vv

*img523.imageshack.us/img523/9527/desktop2j.th.jpg :lol:

finally got it.......not so lucky as gigaheartz.....took around 15-20 snaps......!!!!;-)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^How did you get that round menu ? I believe its some GSOC project ?

and whats overview applet ?

Which plasma theme ?

layzee

■■■■■■
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAIN6Kkr0WfgQ4ayKJF3_L7qMxaNq36OUhQotH4nMqS0B28BN26-wtVsVq8h32h7Dp7IsY74zyvxH7H8TJfAY7OcAm1T1UNvMFQVwhzO0LXIC99zLHPq60vJv.jpgThis one's mine :-

layzee

■■■■■■
This is a slightly modified and albeit better version
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAADu-zDhjA9epIeK7M5xZbmnXjyXydKz9YrcnbDdePkSo-gxOx_koPmdxIolMvI1JIXqVv9oJfRvoy90T5TKxBhUAm1T1UFT55xgPQRxRxDFpvrQ9Jv2fyzmZ.jpg

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
^^How did you get that round menu ? I believe its some GSOC project ?

and whats overview applet ?

Which plasma theme ?

sorry that the reply is t late but....

thats just a daisy launcher plasmoid
*www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Daisy?content=102077

plasma theme is oxygen

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
Here's my new ubuntu desktop.........

*preview.shareapic.net/preview6/018111541.png

*preview.shareapic.net/preview6/018111543.png

black n glossy.........its kewl...!!! :cool:;-):smile: