*img185.imageshack.us/img185/2399/screenshot5rv8.th.png

i like it...sweet!!

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Not much into customization these days :p But still here's my slow poke OS :p

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19493_ibznn/Screenshot.png

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Thats it dude. The moment I get a HDD upgrade, I am going to start dual booting with Arch and Ubuntu, as is recommended for anyone trying a good linux combo. Ubuntu for Eye Candy and for my family, with easy to use gnome, and Arch with KDEmod for absolute power.

Are you using gDesklets or aDesklets ?
You don't need to move to Ubuntu. Get these stuff on Arch.. nothing better than hafing great eye candy + great speed.. Arch rocks :D

I use Ubuntu coz I need it for my work.

And btw, thats Screenlets.

i like it...sweet!!

^^nice one

/me takes a bow :D

Pat

Beyond Smart
I was,admittedly, not doing anything constructive and was also getting bored. So I thought I would take a closer look at infra's screenies. These are some of the interesting things that I noticed:

1. The guy wants to pursue higher studies and is looking at the various candidate universities. NCSU (North Carolina State University?) is one of them.

2. He prolly has an iso or images/resources from gOS which supposedly has a lot of OS X-like features like stacks etc.

3. He is still using a floppy drive ??? Really ??

4. He has Crossover Office installed on Ubuntu. Couldnt make out which version though :p This means he is possibly using MS Office on Ubuntu.

5. He has a 17 GB Media partition out of which 7 GB is music. So he is probably having a 10 GB movie collection :)

6. Using SMP kernel ??

Btw infra dude, I am not stalking you :p Was genuinely getting bored here! Lol!

You don't need to move to Ubuntu. Get these stuff on Arch.. nothing better than hafing great eye candy + great speed.. Arch rocks :D

I use Ubuntu coz I need it for my work.
Nah.. I doubt my parents can adjust to Arch. Text configuring indeed... That would mean I get phone calls and shoutings wherever I am.

Why do you need Ubuntu for work ?
I was,admittedly, not doing anything constructive and was also getting bored. So I thought I would take a closer look at infra's screenies. These are some of the interesting things that I noticed:

1. The guy wants to pursue higher studies and is looking at the various candidate universities. NCSU (North Carolina State University?) is one of them.

2. He prolly has an iso or images/resources from gOS which supposedly has a lot of OS X-like features like stacks etc.

3. He is still using a floppy drive ??? Really ??

4. He has Crossover Office installed on Ubuntu. Couldnt make out which version though :p This means he is possibly using MS Office on Ubuntu.

5. He has a 17 GB Media partition out of which 7 GB is music. So he is probably having a 10 GB movie collection :)

6. Using SMP kernel ??

Btw infra dude, I am not stalking you :p Was genuinely getting bored here! Lol!
MR. Sherlock, you forgot some thing important that makes something terribly wrong.

1. He already chose his university
2. He is the mac4lin developer
^^^ haha... that was humorous :))

PS: Many of the points are wrong :D
pwned

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Good Morning, found a nice wallpaper at interfacelift.

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/19494_hb7kt/ok.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/19495_vjfiy/ok2.jpg

Pat

Beyond Smart
Nah.. I doubt my parents can adjust to Arch. Text configuring indeed... That would mean I get phone calls and shoutings wherever I am.

Why do you need Ubuntu for work ?

Dude once you configure arch, it is as easy or as difficult as Ubuntu. I dont get the point.

MR. Sherlock, you forgot some thing important that makes something terribly wrong.

1. He already chose his university
2. He is the mac4lin developer

1. Dint know that
2. So what ? :confused:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Metaaaaaal is making a puny install a lachrymose tale

dunno which configuration hes talking about, seem like boy doesn't want to venture in

l337
*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/2008-07-17-130515_1280x1024_scro-1.jpg
:D:!:

Last edited:
^^^ +1.

@MHG
Just one time config. You'll never wanna come back to Ubuntu again :D
I need a system managable by my tech ignorant parents without hastles. :|

Ubuntu is the perfect canditate for that. Infact, I might need to leave ubuntu alone on my desktop, perhaps along with windows XP, and take away arch in a laptop once I start my technical education.

Top Bottom