Post Issue

ak24

Broken In
Hi
I have a Asus M4A785TD-V EVO and AMD Phenom 955 with 4GB Kingston ram and 600 watt smps. My problem is whenever i start the system it wont power on but if i start after 2 minutes of waiting it will power on. When it powers on by the time it reaches the desktop there would be no power on my USB keyboard and mouse but when i leave it for 2-3 minutes it will power on by itself and then even if i restart it it powers on normally. System never crashes. I don't understand why it does this. Secondly yesterday i inserted a pen drive on my front usb port and now when i start the system i get a message "USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 seconds". and it shuts down in 15 seconds. But if i unplug the mouse and keyboard it will start normally.

Can somebody help is it an issue with SMPS or MB ???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think BOTH. first of all, update the motherboards BIOS. these kind of strange Keyboard/Mouse/Pendrive problems solved by updating Bios. secondly what that PSU? just 600W says absolutely nothing about the PSU. brand & series. if possible click a pic of the PSU's rating/sticker & post it here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
not another Asus problem. Famous Asus problem. so its a common thing here. Asus = Problem. Asus quality, service, range of products. everything going down the drain.

OP
A

ak24

Broken In
i think BOTH. first of all, update the motherboards BIOS. these kind of strange Keyboard/Mouse/Pendrive problems solved by updating Bios. secondly what that PSU? just 600W says absolutely nothing about the PSU. brand & series. if possible click a pic of the PSU's rating/sticker & post it here.

The PSU i have is FSP Epsilon 600W Power Supply .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
than no PSU issue. the Epsilon is a top rated PSU. now all blame on the motherboard. update bios than check if the problem continues. if yes, than RMA.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
the psu you are having is a good one..IMO you need to get the mobo checked

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

sam, we posted at the same time!!

pegasus

Journeyman
ak24- have you found the problem/cause and/or a solution?

Can you please list out the full configuaration of your computer, with cabinet and PSU?
Also do mention all the USB devices attached to the computer.

Top Bottom