OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Re: Post HTML5, Javascript & CSS3 queries here

^^ Thanks a lot :)
BTW, how did you figure that out ?

Got another trouble ??

how do I create the buttons that are used in Google's Homepage ?? They are way too different form the standard buttons.

PS: I'm done with all my issues, I created the button and things became simple with CSS3. Thanks anyway.

For simple button, you can use the form element of html and set input type to "button" along with other attributes like value, onclick etc. Styling can be done using css3.

Then access the DOM using javascript and assign any function to that button.

eg.
PHP:
//html code...it has missing head, body and other important elements

<form>
<input type = "button" value = "click me"  onlick = "testFunc()">
</form>

<script type ="text/javascript">
      testFunc() {
     alert (" hey now brown cow!!!!");
}
</script>

heidi2521

Padawan
Re: Post HTML5, Javascript &amp; CSS3 queries here

^^ Thanks a lot :)
BTW, how did you figure that out ?

Got another trouble ??

how do I create the buttons that are used in Google's Homepage ?? They are way too different form the standard buttons.

PS: I'm done with all my issues, I created the button and things became simple with CSS3. Thanks anyway.

Pro tip: When in doubt about how a web page does things, press F12. Unless the webdev has gone to extreme lengths to obfuscate the HTML, CSS or JS any half decent programmer should be able to figure it out.

For example, everything you want to know should be there under the div "gbz" which is under "gbzw" under "gb" under "mngb" in the main body.

heidi2521

Padawan
^Get your sarcasm meter checked.

Did you even bother reading the spoiler?

If not, here is what it says:

dead5 said:
It is a high level scripting language primarily used in web browsers as an easy way for anyone, even those not familiar with the conventions of programming to work with, that also has used in various places like game development with Unity3D. It is a language that emphasises the freedom of the user to work however he or she wants without forcing them to follow any conventions. The only disadvantage JS has for the tasks it is designed is the lack of scoping and uses much of the same structures from imperative languages like C, For example while, for and if. The language is dynamically typed and almost entirely object based(in my experience). One of the best parts is that functions are first class citizens in the language. Inspite of all that it also allows you to program like it is an object oriented language. So depending on the style and preferences of the user it can be used like an imperative language, a functional language or an object oriented language, if not purely as one. However due to this it is also possible to write some truly indecipherable code, even ones that surpass Java in terms of being extreme unreadability.

BTW, I'd personally recommend the MDN documentation for starting with JavaScript. Khan Academy's lectures are supposed to be good but I've never really bothered checking them out.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, no matter how much programming knowledge you have,
JAVA SCRIPT is Java for Web Browser
statement is not acceptable at all. So two brothers, stop backing up each others for nonsense posts and try to do something constructive. It is not a thread to glorify yourselves about your learning. I have also checked the SPOILER posted by Dead5 which is simply his opinion about Javascript, not to do anything about the original description of it.

JavaScript copies many names and naming conventions from Java, but the two languages are otherwise unrelated and have very different semantics. The key design principles within JavaScript are taken from the Self and Scheme programming languages

Try to focus on things people are asking here, not to glorify your personal findings.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

im no programmer. But this seriously caught my eye. Javascript is java for browsers. :lol:

He has programming experience with more languages than you will probably ever learn. He knows Python, Java, JavaScript, Ruby, C, C++, Lua, TorqueScript, some Scala and a little bit of C#, and he's started learning Boo and Groovy. He gave up on OCAML because he would not need to program with it. After Groovy and Boo he will learn Haskell.

FWIW he finds Java despicable, so he is more than qualified to talk about what he's talking about.

im begining do doubt if he is a script kiddie. :confused:

kunalht

In the zone
Hii
I have just completed 12th sci.
Now I have vacation.
I want to learn programming in this vacation.
Which shold I learn HTML or C or C++ or JAVA ????
I want to learn this at home(without any classes)
can i learn it without classes??
& also plz suggest me some website or books or ebooks for learning that....

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

im no programmer. But this seriously caught my eye. Javascript is java for browsers. :lol:

im begining do doubt if he is a script kiddie. :confused:

Did you or didn't you read the spoilers?

His last post in this thread was deleted although it was not at all offensive. He comprehensively explained how he was not BSing. Picture for your convenience.

*i.imgur.com/lBA8dHL.png

Piyush

Lanaya
Need help in Jquery Jqgrid and datepicker plugins. If anyone have a god hand in this area, plz do reply so that I can ask my doubt. Thanks

Piyush

Lanaya
Working on a Event based calendar. Havent used Jqgrid yet but the grid containers available by WDCalender plugin needs some help. I want to disable the old dates so that no one can create a new event on previous dates. Even if I disable the old dates in calendar widget, the grid cells still are available to add event on previous dates.

beingGamer

In the zone
Working on a Event based calendar. Havent used Jqgrid yet but the grid containers available by WDCalender plugin needs some help. I want to disable the old dates so that no one can create a new event on previous dates. Even if I disable the old dates in calendar widget, the grid cells still are available to add event on previous dates.

I am currently using jqgrid in my project and i must say, its very good and highly customizable. you can set whether any column will be editable or not, or enable editing anytime you want.

Piyush

Lanaya
Can you do one thing... Add your code in a jsfiddle and paste the link here
Since it is an office task, I am not allowed to post any code snippet anywhere :(
I am currently using jqgrid in my project and i must say, its very good and highly customizable. you can set whether any column will be editable or not, or enable editing anytime you want.

Actually I want to dynamically change the cells depending upon system date. Suppose , if I open the app today, I want the cells of previous dates to be fade out automatically so that the user of the app cant add an event on previous date.

Piyush

Lanaya

An example code would suffice on jsfiddle.com

ok will PM you the file once I reach home as I cant do it from here

Ok here is an example code
Code:
jQuery("#grid_id").jqGrid({
   colModel: [ 
      {name:'price', index:'price', width:60, align:"center", editable: true, formatter:currencyFmatter},
   ]
});

Here the editable property is set true. But what I want is to add a condition which checks the date of that particular cell and disable it if it is an old date. Is this can be done ?

Also look at the following code.
Code:
function currencyFmatter (cellvalue, options, rowObject)
{
   // do something here
   return new_format_value
}
</script>
I havent used this one yet but from the tutorials I learned that we can create our own customised formatter. If it is possible, can I use this to solve my problem? if yes, how?

Top Bottom