post beep error 1 long beep and 2 short beep

anksin

Broken In
hello all first of all i have been back after a long time as i am facing a very strange issue which is first time with my pc

to start with i have amd phenom x2 545 process and asus mobo m4n68t

recently around last 30 days my pc was getting switched off automatically just like by power cut at windows login screen or when you try to open any app i thought of the windows system as it worked sometyms by safe mode

then it worked fine when windows 7 reloaded

but again i started facing same issue, it was not switching and if it does it wud last for few minutes or at times few 3 - 4 hours
yesterday when i tried to turn on the pc it wont turn on

i disconnected and removed process and heat sink and re connected them correctly
now i have 1 long beep and 2 small beeps on the pc and it wont go further this is when i only have the pc with heat sink and fan connected not to forget i have also removed the cmos battery and reset the jumper

i searched online and was suspecting could be heatsink

so got the heat sink changed but still same problem
i now suspect itz process but want your suggestions

i have also chedcked the pins on the process just to be sure of that but no damage done

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
one long and two short beeps mean a memory problem problem
here :ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Troubleshooting M4N68T-M V2

check RAM

it can also be for the Graphics adapter :
Award BIOS Beep Codes - BIOS Central
check video adapter and monitor Cable.(from CPU to Monitor)

Last edited:
OP
A

anksin

Broken In
thanks but the point is that i m not setting up the ram, its only cpu heatsink and fan with bios battery and having this beep error... i have tried wiping gold pins of ram with eraser and soft dry culoth

appreciate your help as there is many different definitions for this beep type on the web

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
thanks but the point is that i m not setting up the ram, its only cpu heatsink and fan with bios battery and having this beep error... i have tried wiping gold pins of ram with eraser and soft dry culoth

appreciate your help as there is many different definitions for this beep type on the web

not setting up the RAM ?

what does that mean ?
the RAM isn't attached while you are trying to Start the PC ?

OP
A

anksin

Broken In
yes... let me explain

i have not inserted the ram on the mobo itz only cpu heatsink and fan i have two ram slots have tried both slots and it still beeps

so it regardless of with or without ram the beep error is still stays

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
yes... let me explain

i have not inserted the ram on the mobo itz only cpu heatsink and fan i have two ram slots have tried both slots and it still beeps

then it must be Graphics adapter.

OP
A

anksin

Broken In
i have a graphics card 512 mb pcie shall i insert that and connect the vga to check if it works..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
yes... let me explain

first of all, you have to be clear on what exactly you wanna convey. you have inserted the ram or you haven't?

did you put the removed cmos battery to its original position?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=9814]anksin[/MENTION] - answer the above and test the pc with the spare graphic card you have. But I suspect it to be a PSU issue.

OP
A

anksin

Broken In
sorry, i thot i explained conveyed correctly before any ways i m happy to explain as i get change to get this fixed

i have removed and inseted cmos battery as it was on mobo i have changed jumber and back to its original position

i have tried with and without my ram connectin to mobo and still same issue

do u mean smps when you say psu

as per above i have also tried with my spare graphics card 512 mb but still same problem

can i start suspecting its cpu mobo or cpu slot issue?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes by psu I meant smps. Also do try with your friends ram module and while remounting the cooler did you use any TiM ?

OP
A

anksin

Broken In
okay

it doesnt look like a psu issue
i guess i can take frnds ram but smps spare might not b possible all the fans are working including cpu fan and smps

how much is the chance for the cpu / mobo cpu slot or mobo to be at fault cox as i may have mentioned before when i tried removing the cpu and pulled the lock updwards there was a tick sound but i guess that is to unlock the lock for cpu and mobo pins but not sure.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check the cpu pins visually for any sort of damage and a faulty PSu can create strange problems which are hard to explain ... BTW, which psu you are using - model ? Brand ?

OP
A

anksin

Broken In
i will have to wait for few days before trying the steps you all have suggested and also help you with the psu details as i am busy with job and will only be able to do this on the day got off from job

will keep you updated
thanks 4 all your help

Top Bottom