portable operating system with our own programmes in a cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Man I didnt know abbt this puppy linux..its just gr8!!!!!!! Everybody should try it out.
But I still like the idea of using Bart pe coz I can untegrate all my drivers and every singla device i use were working with it which wasnt a case with my puppy linux coz i dont hav drivers for all my devices for linux.
Any way one can use both the methods and both of them are equally good !

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Ok I am writing this from puppy right now. and i accept its awesome!! small, Lighting fast, easy to use, and just great!!. Thanks for the tip.

btw its still possible to run into problems with resolutionand all. but the installer guides the user very nicely.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I agree it is possible to run into problems and solving them can sometimes get a bit intimidating for newbies. But, why do the forums like this exist, afterall :D .

Kniwor

Learner
sknowonweb said:
And for booting from Pen Drive i suggest slax . www.slax.org . This is really cool . It has a very active forum to solve ur doubts.But only the size is somewhat bigger than puppy linux.
Any how if u have some deeper knwledge u can have ur own version of ur own (Linux) softwares ..

i also suggest slax....
been using it and like it....
the support is good.... if u dont have any drivers... just download the module and u're done.....

go for this.....

and if u got some space..... download SLAX KillBill

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I downloaded slax, but it didn't go beyond the first screen. just froze. i thought some sort of driver problem. i am new to linux, so where can one get all the drivers and how to install and by the way can we customise the existing live cd to our own needs? if so somebody can help

Kniwor

Learner
i already said that in my previous post...
if it a X11 problem just download the module it's in their download section... just place it in the modules folder...
double click the make iso bat file and u are ready to go....

it's all easy u dont need to know anything about linux

sknowonweb

Journeyman
@ramakrishnan
U can browse that slax.org for more s/w and drivers.And the peak is u can edit that iso image in windows using win rar.Just put ur downloaded modules in a folder where u can find other modules(*.mo) files. Save and Burn that to a disk and u r ready. And if problem still persists download md5 checksum and verify ur downloaded file or else re-download it.
If u can make it , u wil Enjoy slax. Its really cool . ( unlike few others , this one has a built in support for MP3,dat etc.,.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom