Portable HDD

moinak21

Broken In
I want 2 buy a 1TB portable HDD....pls suggest me which one to buy.....my budget is less.....i dont hav no idea regarding portable HDD so suggest ...pls..

v2kisad

Broken In
I'm assuming you are looking to buy a HDD sans the power adapter.Either ways buy Western Digital.My personal opinion ,its better than Seagate.You can check it out in flipkart on the link below.

Flipkart.com: WD My Passport Essential SE 2.5 inch 1 TB: External Hard Drive

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
I want 2 buy a 1TB portable HDD....pls suggest me which one to buy.....my budget is less.....i dont hav no idea regarding portable HDD so suggest ...pls..

could you pls tell us how much are you willing to spend ? you get 1TB portable HDDs with power adapters for less, than those without power adapters...like i have WD's My Book Essentials 1TB USB 3.0 HDD with power-adapter which i got for 3400/- locally. online you would get it for ~3.35k, and less after applying discount coupon.

you could also buy internal desktop hdd for lesser (~2.7-2.9k) and use it with a usb-casing (Rs. 250-550) as an external drive. many people use it that way too, but i dont know if its recommended or not, though i have been using three internal laptop-HDDs (one 160GB, second 80GB, and third 500GB) as external/portable HDDs with 2.5" usb-casings for quite sometime without any issues so far !

tell us your budget and i'll search for a suitable match and pass-on the link to you.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if we convert internal desktop hdd to external 2.5 usb, does the hdd need power adapter?

yes you need one...if you want to cut-out on the bulk of the casing and want more portability, you can order this kit :

USB to IDE / SATA (Serial ATA) Adapter / Cable Set | eBay

i have been using this for quite sometime, and i must say its a great VFM product. i very much recommend this for those who want to avoid the bulkiness of the casing.

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
i bought the wD essential se passport 1 TB with usb 3.0 2.5 " portable HDD for 3780 from lets buy . 2.5 " hdds dont need the power adapter and usb 3.0 is worth in the long run .... so check that out too .....

Top Bottom