Portable HDD USB3.0 1 TB question !!

perplexed

Journeyman
Hey,

I was thinking of purchasing a USB3.0 powered portable 1 TB HDD mostly of seagate or WD. I was looking through the price difference between the HDDs in chromaretail and Flipkart. I was astonished to find 1 TB seagate was available at 4700 when it was available at 5300 on Flipkart.

But then when i dug deeper, I saw their model no, the cheaper one ( CHroma ) says its STBX1000xxxx while the one on Flipkart says STBU1000xxx .

Now both are of 1TB USB 3.0 powered. Does someone has any idea what exactly is the difference between the two models apart fom their dimensions and Weight ?

thanks !!

rider

as Kratos
Western Digital 1 TB passport Portable Hard Disk Drive 1 tb wd usb 2.0 + usb 3.0 | eBay
Use some bank coupon and it will cost you around 4.5k

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I heard that seller didn't provide bill in many cases. SO be sure to clarify that part before buying.

sanny16

Journeyman
go with chroma as it is offering the device at cheap price and will also provide u the bill as it is a reputed store. dont bother to check differences since its a external device mostly used to store data.

OP
perplexed

perplexed

Journeyman
go with chroma as it is offering the device at cheap price and will also provide u the bill as it is a reputed store. dont bother to check differences since its a external device mostly used to store data.

this ebay guy is also selling the HDD at 4800. It is only 4600 on chroma retail !!

tomys24

Broken In
1. ext hdd prices are coming down
2. ebay has listing price for sellers. so price will be higher

AFAIK there are two models.one with some software used for backup and one with no software. as for plain storage both are equally good.
why don't you give exact link of the models so someone can tell more difference if any .

Top Bottom