port forwarding..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hey i hv faced this problem..........and found solution to that
so i want to share it with u all.........

there is another method of port forwarding.......thats with telnet.
Go run>type telnet
open the host connection(in my case its 192.168.x.x) by simply typing o 192.168.x.x >
type login : admin (might b different )
pass : admin
the main menu will appear
here u can see all the settings about ur network connection too....
select option 6 : NAT
select option 1: virtual server (if u want to open one port only..)
or select 2 : DMZ (but this will open all ur port making ur firewall weak, then must use some other strong firewall like comodo)

i used virtual server
then select add (option 1)
enter the details :
service name: abc (anything u want)
protocol : udp & tcp
external start/end: the port address u want to open for that application(check the port used by ur application like utorrent) : 61000
internal start/end :same as above
ip add : 192.168.x.x (get it from cmd>ipconfig)

all done:!::!:
now save & reboot using option 12 in the main menu..........
now check in the application whether port forward is ok or not..........

i have done this for utorrent........!!:D:p
thnx to paroh too......he helped me a lot :):)
it will definitely increase ur utorrent download speed.......:D

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I use my modem in Bridging mode so never felt the need of Port forwarding. if I'm not wrong then its needed in case of an active firewall or PPPoE mode i.e. Direct connection no dialing, but do correct me if I'm wrong and also tell me whether forwarding my ports gonna have any effect on my DL or UL speeds?

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
thnx buddy.....
@plasma_snake...
as per my knowledge....yes u need port forwarding only in case u have an active firewall......and yes ofcourse, it increases ur download speed.......as there is no restriction for the incoming connection through that particular port so the applicaion using that port will download contents faster......!!!
im xperiencing it......:):)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ check if ur router is listed at www.portforward.com and then u can follow instructions.. :)
----------

Yup, PF is needed for active firewall and PPPoE type of connections...
PF is a method of specifying a dedicated port number so that the port itself remains a as a permanent open connection for other PEERS (computers on the BiTtorrent n/w) to commnunicate with u (i.e with ur Computer) hence the upload speed imporves and since the P2P community works on sharing, ur D/load speeds also increase eventually (coz of the imporvement of ur u/l speeds as by having a dedicated port singled out jus for P2P peer usage..) :)
----------------

I hv already PFded my D-Link ADSL router (model DSL 502T) and now i get a constant d/l speed of 200-210 kbps on my 256 kbps MTNL triband BB connection.. :)
---------

Cheers n e-peace...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hmmm....btw can u post the screenshot of ur Routers interface.. (i guess u must be connectiong to ur router's configuration page by 192.168.xx.xx ) is it ???

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hey bro.......check out this...
*portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/UTStarcom/UT-300R2U/Utorrent.htm

here u can find ur solution..............
and if not, simply follow the telnet method.......as i hv used that and im also using UT300R2U modem with mtnl triband connection..........!!

^^

I hv already PFded my D-Link ADSL router (model DSL 502T) and now i get a constant d/l speed of 200-210 kbps on my 256 kbps MTNL triband BB connection.. :)
---------

hey r u getting 200-210 kbps or KB/s .........??? which torrent client do u use.......?? with 256 kbps triband plan........??

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
simply follow the telnet method.......as i hv used that and im also using UT300R2U modem with mtnl triband connection..........!!
Mine too is UT300R2U. Can u gimme steps how'd u do it from modem's interface? :confused:
BTW is it just mine or does the Telnet command doesn't works in Vista's Command Prompt?

Last edited:
OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hey if u wanna to do it from modem's interface....then go through the link below:
*portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/UTStarcom/UT-300R2U/Utorrent.htm

follow the steps therein.....
and cant say about telnet in vista........!!!!

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
^^ Re Doodh, I tried to do so but my modem's interface is nothing like as that shown in the link. So what now??? Want its interface's screenies, u'll get it in my next post.

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
ya then u must post ur screenshot..........
the same situation was also with me...........the interface was different as shown
by the portforward.com,,,,,,,then i did it using telnet..........

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well here are the screenshots, uploaded at Imageshack.

*img218.imageshack.us/img218/6939/dsl1gt5.th.jpg

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/189/dsl2zc4.th.jpg

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/2893/dsl3pt4.th.jpg

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/5197/dsl4bo6.th.jpg
:shock::D

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
hey r u getting 200-210 kbps or KB/s .........??? which torrent client do u use.......?? with 256 kbps triband plan........??

well im getting 200-210 kbps (kilo bits) as tat wud be obvious and sane too on my 256 kbps (kilo bits) connection.. :)

And i Use utorrent.. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
did u check if ur router is listed at www.portforward.com ?? if yes, then u can follow instructions.. :)

i hv never used telnet and wud prolly (probably) never gonan use this technique) as im satisfied with PFing.. :)
(getting 200-210 kbps (kilobits) on my 256 kbps (kilobits) MTNL BB connection and using uTORRENT as my bit torrent client.)
----------

Cheers n e-peace...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

wah beta :D accha hai...but my d/l speeds sucked like hell :( so i had to do PF... and now i get decent speeds ----> (getting 200-210 kbps (kilobits) on my 256 kbps (kilobits) MTNL BB connection and using uTORRENT as my bit torrent client.) :D
---------

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom