• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetv

Right off the assembly line
yes ashu
im having the same plan u r having
mtnl 849 night unlimated

get download speed of 150-220 kbps of adrive link ,direct server link gets above 200 kbps

i hav read somwhere abt half open settings in utorrent will help
what that
because i m having huge list of uncommon stuff to download which r having low seeders n peers abt 10 seeders or 7 n 15-20 peers

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

buddy, i hv d/loaded stuff from torrents with a speed of 180 kbps and with jus 3-4 seeders... so its not always the no. of seeders or peers, but their speed, i mean its not any thumb rule for torrent download.. believe me :)

yup, even i get a speed of 25-26 KBps from direct FTP links.. :)
-----------------

Cheers n e-peace...

vishald

Broken In
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Bought D-Link DSL-502T yesterday.
Please provide me configuration setting as I am unable to configure the same.
ADSL POWER LAN AND USB LIGHTS ARE STEADY.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE COMPLETE CONFIGURATION PROCEDURE.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

dude, wat is my 1st post then all about ??? :confused:
-------------

plz read it and try it, its self explainatory and i hv tried my best of efforts to make it read as simple and straight as possible with the use of screenshots.., and if u get stuck any where, plz post it here and i'll be glad to help.. :)
----------------

cheers n e-peace....

IANMORISON

Thankyou ashu for your post on configuring the 502t router.Now I understand whatthey were trying to say at the Dlink web site /support.

Go to this page *www.dlink.com.au/tech/

Enter your router model e.g. DSL 502T
Click on Open Ports

Go here to see this document with screenshots
*files.dlink.com.au/Products/DSL-G604T/REV_B/SetupGuides/How_to_Open_Ports_in_DSL-xxxT.pdf

How to open ports

Step 1. Before you open ports in your router, set the computer (or the device) which requires ports to be opened for, with a static IP address. You can choose any IP address from the range of addresses you are using on your local network, as soon as it is not used by any other device. The default range is from 10.1.1.2 to 10.1.1.254. In our example we are using 10.1.1.99.

Windows XP: Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Properties > Internet protocol TCP/IP > Properties
Windows Vista: Control Panel > Network and Internet > [Network and Sharing Centre] > View Network Status and Tasks > View Status > Properties > Internet Protocol v4 > Properties

Select the 'Use the following IP address' option:
IP address: 10.1.1.99
Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway: 10.1.1.1 (your router's address)
DNS: 10.1.1.1 and 61.88.88.88 (or whichever your provider is using)

Step 2. Open your web browser and enter the IP address of the router (*10.1.1.1). Enter user name and password (default username 'admin' and password is 'admin').

Step 3. Click on Advanced at the top and then click on LAN Clients.

Step 4. You will need to add a LAN Client (the address of your computer or a device) into the router before you can open any ports. Type in the IP address of the Computer/Device (the one you assigned in Step 1). You can specify the name of this workstation under Host Name (optional). Click Add and then Apply.

Step 5. Go to Advanced > Virtual Server (Port Forwarding). There is a list of pre-set ports in the router which you can choose from.

Step 5a. If your specific application is not listed there, you can add the necessary ports yourself. Select the 'User' Category and click on Add button below.

Step 5b. Enter a name for this entry under Rule Name. Then select the necessary protocol. If there is a range of ports to open, specify the starting port under Port Start and the ending port under Port End. If you need to open just one port, specify this port number in all fields including the Port Map. Click Apply.

Step 6. Go back to Advanced > Virtual Server. Under LAN IP select your LAN Client (which you added in Step 4). Select the Category and the desired Rule or select 'User' Category and you should see the rule which you have created in Step 5b. Select it and then click on Add > to move it into the Applied Rules section. Click Apply.

Step 7. To save the new settings into the router's memory go to Tools > System. Click on Save and Reboot button. The router will save the settings and restart.

Note 1: If you are opening ports for FTP, Telnet or other service, please make sure this service is not additionally blocked by the router's firewall. You can verify this under Advanced > Firewall > Service Filtering.

Note 2: Because routers use NAT (Network Address Translation), you can only open a specific port to one computer at a time. For example: If you have two Web servers on your network, you cannot forward port 80 to both computers. You will need to configure one of the web servers to use port 81. Now you can forward port 80 to the first computer and then forward port 81 to the other computer.

Note 3: Please be aware that from inside your LAN you will not be able to access your server using its public IP address or name. On your LAN you will need to use its local IP address instead (10.1.1.99).

Note 4: It is quite common for Internet Service Providers to block common ports like 80, 21, 25. If you are having troubles running services on these ports please contact your provider.

Check out this document at
*files.dlink.com.au/Products/DSL-G604T/REV_B/SetupGuides/How_to_Open_Ports_in_DSL-xxxT.pdf

It has some screen shots of the Router portforward procedure

Check this link out for help in portforwarding the Dlink 502t router

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
IANMORISON wrote:
GREETINGS ashu888ashu888, JUST WANT TO SAY THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST ON CONFIGURINGTHE 502T ROUTER.mY UTORRENT DOWNLOADS ARE SO FAST NOW THAT i HAVE NEARLY USED MY 40 GIG QUOTA IN THREE DAYS!

Well Im glad that I helped u in the simplest possible way.. :) yup, i 1st tested this Port Forwarding on my D link DSL 502T Router and then posted a step-by-step reply here.. :)
-----------

Thanx again for appreciating my work.. :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace...

spock1k

hi,

I just got DLINK:( GLB802C router. the interface is totally different. i would appreciate if you can help me to enable port forwarding on my router. Thanks.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, havent used that router :( but buddy u can search for ur router's configuration to enable port forwarding at this site---> www.portforward.com almost all the routers of D link are mentioned there.. :)

Also, if u can post the screenshot of ur router's configuration page then i can help u.. the configuration page is the same page wich many of us get wen typing *192.168.1.1 or any similar address in the address bar... giv it a try.. :)

spock1k

its not on that website. here is the link the interface is like this

*portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/GLB-502C/Azureus.htm

all the shots in purple. only a tech guru like you can understand it. it beats me i tried everything on that site but to no avail.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, i was not asking u abt the bitTorrent's interface..but ur router's interface.. plz post the screenshot...goto ur Router's configuration page (by typing 192.168.x.x or sumthing similar) by wich u access ur router's main page (online and NOT offline) and plz post the screenshot...

Also, hv u atleast tried to find out ur Static IP address by the procedure posted in my 1st post above ?? plz do that and keep those values handy.. :)
----------

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom