Pop3 access yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDJ

Broken In
Check out bluebottle

icecoolz said:
Thats something I have been mulling over. We all know of the scenarios where in the free services of a lot of email providers went "pay". With this sudden outbreak of email space its kinda gonna get to that point again I feel. All bubbles must burst. I think I'll stick to my office mail for now ;)

and for free pop and imap mail check out www.bluebottle.com. Whats more u get ad free mail and 250 mb. With mail checking from hotmail 8) They might add yahoo later. But I've been using it 4 a while and still no sign :cry:

Regards

tuxfan

Technomancer
Remember, there is no free lunch. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true!! In case of google we can understand that they are an established company and earns good revenue through ads. But about these bluebottle guys? We won't know when they shut shop and disappear. You can't rely on their services because its free and comes with no guarantee.

Secondly to get their protection against spam, I have give my username and password there :shock: :shock: alongwith mail servers. :roll: I would never ever do that!!

The best way now-a-days is to book your own domain, host it somewhere (probably with me ;)) and use the mail. Its not even expensive and if you are even a little serious about your emails, this is the way to go. Get POP3, SMTP and even webmail (depends on hosting).

bharathbala2003

why need title?
guys i configd my outlook express 6 for receivin GMAIL.. i entered the pop3 n all but it connects then gives this error..

The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

iinfi

mekalodu
i have tried using YahooPOPs
and configured it as given on yahoo POPs website ....

# Select Tools -> Accounts from the main menu
# Select Add -> Mail
# Enter your display name
# Enter your Yahoo! email address
# Select POP3 as the Server Type
# Enter 127.0.0.1 as your Incoming mail server
# Enter 127.0.0.1 as your Outgoing mail server
# Enter your Yahoo! Login id and password under 'Internet Mail Logon'
# Check "Remember Password"
# Select the method you use for connecting to the Internet
# Click Finish
# Select your new 127.0.0.1 account and click o­n "Properties"
# Select the Advanced tab
# Increase the Server Timeout to 'Long' (5 minutes)
# Click OK to close the Properties dialog

i get a similar error message as bharatbala2003 .... (plz c previous post) ....
i use zone alarm ..... and avast ..... are these 2 creating any problems ???
can anyone help ????

*yahoopops.sourceforge.net/
this is where i downloaded yahoo pops application frm....
and this is what the website says ....
YPOPs! is an application that provides POP3 access to Yahoo! Mail. It is available o­n the Windows, Linux, Solaris and Mac platforms.

Yahoo! Mail disabled free access to its POP3 service o­n 24th April, 2002. This application emulates a POP3 server and enables popular email clients like Outlook, Netscape, Eudora, Mozilla, etc., to download email from Yahoo! accounts. We do not go against the license agreements of Yahoo! Mail. This application is completely legitimate and well within the realms of legal software.

How do we do it you ask? Well, this application is more like a gateway. It provides a POP3 server interface at o­ne end to talk to email clients and an HTTP client (browser) interface at the other which allows it to talk to Yahoo!

its quite legal ....

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok now a small query..

now if i open outlook express even if i dont enter the password to check the mail.. i can see the mails in my inbox.. so i dont have privacy.. id like to do sumthin about it.. i don wanna see sum other ppl chckin my inbox.. sum1 help me out..

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
ramank said:
I think if you have a co.in account, POP access is free, but it is not free with .com account.
Yes
Incoming Server Name (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server Name (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
is correct setting for a .co.in account.

Some Clarification Needed:
Totally Wrong. POP3 does not work for .co.in accounts. It works for China, Australia and UKaccounts. No idea about .com accounts.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
I am sure that the above trick doesnt work with .com accounts, used to work earlier... I am not able to send the mails from Yahoo POPS!...

Regards,
Ramparasad

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
ramprasad said:
Hi
I am sure that the above trick doesnt work with .com accounts, used to work earlier... I am not able to send the mails from Yahoo POPS!...

Regards,
Ramparasad

Check send mail option in yahoo! pops. It is there in it but exactly i don't know. Check this link:*yahoopops.sourceforge.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3

deepakchopra85

Right off the assembly line
navjotjsingh said:
ramank said:
I think if you have a co.in account, POP access is free, but it is not free with .com account.
Yes
Incoming Server Name (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server Name (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
is correct setting for a .co.in account.

Some Clarification Needed:
Totally Wrong. POP3 does not work for .co.in accounts. It works for China, Australia and UKaccounts. No idea about .com accounts.

dude yahoo pop works free even for .co.in acoounts. i have experienced it. my mail is deepakchopra85@yahoo.co.in

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Some more clarification I was talking in normal case i.e without Yahoo! Pops. Also ramank was not discussing Yahoo Pops.

I use yahoo! pops and it works in every yahoo! acc. Without yahoo! pops only yahoo uk, australia and china have free pop3 access.

Got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom