Pop3 access yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohanty1942

Journeyman
I year ago I had seen a question on how to access e-mails on Outlook Express.

The answer was <<<< No email service providers give pop3 access (to download mail to Outlook Express) except YAHOO.

The Incoming & Outgoing Server Names (to configure Outlook Express)of YAHOO was something like this (I am forgetting).

Incoming Server Name (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server Name (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com>>>>

I am doubt about the above two names. Please correct me.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Yahoo pop3 service is not free. You need to pay to use the service. There is a work around for this. Search for yahoo pop3 in the forum.

ramank

Broken In
I think if you have a co.in account, POP access is free, but it is not free with .com account.
Yes
Incoming Server Name (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server Name (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
is correct setting for a .co.in account.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
hey i got this in yahoo awrite.. but am not sure if u can use this in outlook.. anyway here u go!!!

*help.yahoo.com/help/uk/mail/pop/pop-04.html

Tech&ME

Banned
ya u will have to sign up for an e-mail id with the australian or uk site of yahoo they have the FREE pop3 access for your Outlook Express. Enjoy.

tuxfan

Technomancer
mohanty1942 said:
Then please 'Mr icecoolz' pass the

'incoming mail server' & 'outgoing mail server' names for Gmail.

POP3 and SMTP server is not enough to configure google mail in mail clients. You even need to change ports as specified there. So log in to your google account and take help. You will find all the details there.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Why not use YahooPOPs! ?

Well, you guys can surely use YahooPOPs! to access POP mail from Yahoo! server and also send mails... Go to *yahoopops.sourceforge.net/ or search for it on the net... Download the setup file (it is a bit over 1 MB) and install it... In the YahooPOPs site, look for your preferred mail client (Outlook, Incredimail, Firefox, etc.), follow the details given and you are done... The YahooPOPs program runs in the background and you can open your mail client to send and receive mails...
Cool, Huh! 8)
Regards, Siddhartha

M

manas

Try out the YahooPOPS! or POP Peeper program.It lets you have POP3 access to through your e-mail client Outlook,Eudora etc.

tuxfan

Technomancer
icecoolz said:
thanks tuxfan...I was just about say the same thing.
Great mind think alike ;) Right? :)

BTW, I have said this many times here and I repeat it. If you are using YahooPOPs, be careful if your mail has attachments. I have lost them while I was using yahoopops with Outlook Express. :(

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I dont believe in yahoo pops. I would still prefer to use a pure smtp or pop server. Theres always gmail or theres unitedmailsystems. Why would you wanna pop a non poppable service...

tuxfan I am just glad to be thinking in the same league as urs ;)

svk

Journeyman
i prefer Yahoo Pop for yahoo mail.
but leave aside yahoo coz there's Always GMail to the rescue.

tuxfan

Technomancer
icecoolz said:
I dont believe in yahoo pops. I would still prefer to use a pure smtp or pop server. Theres always gmail or theres unitedmailsystems. Why would you wanna pop a non poppable service...

Agreed. Nothing can beat the speed, convenience and reliability of a true POP3 mail system. But if someone is stuck with a yahoo account and can't change it. Here's something better than web based mails. YahooPOPs is a boon for such people. :)

And of course since gmail has entered market, I wonder why would anyone use yahoo only for POP3. But I have my doubts with gmail. It will one day (and that day could be soon!!) stop offering free POP3 and will explicitely prohibit software like yahoopops :(

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
tuxfan said:
And of course since gmail has entered market, I wonder why would anyone use yahoo only for POP3. But I have my doubts with gmail. It will one day (and that day could be soon!!) stop offering free POP3 and will explicitely prohibit software like yahoopops :(

Thats something I have been mulling over. We all know of the scenarios where in the free services of a lot of email providers went "pay". With this sudden outbreak of email space its kinda gonna get to that point again I feel. All bubbles must burst. I think I'll stick to my office mail for now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom