Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
In a recent event...fans of Metallica said that they would prefer to rip off Metallica's songs from the new album 'Death Magnetic' from Guitar Hero's new version rather then buying the physical CD bcoz of faulty mastering :razz:.

Source

karmanya

Journeyman
and to think i was planning to buy the retail cd cuz my "acquired" version sounded bad. might "acquire" this Guitar Hero version instead.

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
I guess they deserve what they're getting, being the so called "biggest metal band on the planet" and having this kind of production quality(the cd basically has no dynamics) and not to mention it took them around 18 years to make a "not bad so so thrash metal" cd.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I guess they deserve what they're getting, being the so called "biggest metal band on the planet" and having this kind of production quality(the cd basically has no dynamics) and not to mention it took them around
18 years to make a "not bad so so thrash metal" cd.

ya, lol :lol:

The album is possibly the best Thrash Metal album ever released.

But something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the sound quality in the album. Apparently, they applied some kind of compressor before mastering. I am severely disappointed with metallica. This is pure BS, since it was an oscar winning guy who mastered the album.

Its an INSULT TO THE ALBUM.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
The album is possibly the best Thrash Metal album ever released.

But something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the sound quality in the album. Apparently, they applied some kind of compressor before mastering. I am severely disappointed with metallica. This is pure BS, since it was an oscar winning guy who mastered the album.

Its an INSULT TO THE ALBUM.

What proof do you have for that statement ?? There are better Thrash Metal albums out there........ heck, even Metallica's own albums are better than this. Their Black Album and Master of Puppets album is better than this. Many of Slayer's album are better than this (as per me) and so are Megadeth's (read Peace Sells and Rust in Peace).

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
There's nothing like extraordinary stuff with the songs.
Just a regular album which is inferior to other albums by metallica.
And its not the fault of the mastering engineer.he can't do anything with clipping audio files.Ted already mentioned that .it all comes down to metallica itself.this is metallica's poor attitude .

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
And its not the fault of the mastering engineer.he can't do anything with clipping audio files.Ted already mentioned that .it all comes down to metallica itself.this is metallica's poor attitude .

exjactly :D

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
No....thing is ....it is generally metallica who is present during mixing....during this album however, they were in Europe at mixing time.....so it's not entirely their fault!!!

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

No sirji,Ted will obviously defend himself otherwise his career is gone for good you see,a blunder of this scale.

if you hear the Guitar heroes version of death magnetic,it is far better than the retail version.They probably got the original raw data and mastered it themselves.I wouldn't be surprised it they sell a lot more guitar heroes copies now than expected.

oh and BTW,its just an average album from a larger than life overhyped band.They have done better than this.

Renny

Padawan
Could anyone recommend other similar kinda songs by Metallica and others that is like "Nothing else matters"(by Metallica).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom