Police Apathy: How does one get his stolen phone's IMEI Number Blocked in India ?

amolraut7

Right off the assembly line
MHG sire, some words from a person who has seen a phone successfully tracked.

Firstly, why don't police do it? There are several reasons. Primarily their work culture has turned into bribe house. They won't work without getting money. They have been accustomed to it. Secondarily, due to huge pile of cases pending in our country, mobile tracking is actually a very minor case to be taken. Police thinks "kaun jhanjhat lega itna chhota sa kaam karne ke liye"

So what you should do-

1) Try some powerful people or similar contacts who can pressurise police to get their as$es working.

2) Get hold of private trackers. They are basically freelancers with contacts in required dept (police & telecom) to get your work done. They just charge you some amount, proportional to your mobile cost, and return the phone after finding it. Also, they take money only if they find it. (At least in my friend's case).

In my friend's case, his N70 was stolen back in 2006. He somehow got in contact with a private tracker and did the deal. He was charged 3k for it. N70 used to cost some 14k or so that time, so it was reasonable deal. He got his phone back after 3 months.

I have also heard that you can get your phone blocked if not traced. But even for that, you will have to produce a FIR.

For that you need to have contacts in every damn operator which is nearly impossible.

hey friend,can you please any of private mobile trackers in mumbai?I lost my cell yesterday and complained in police station also...but still want to search it myself also as to get it back soon.
Please let me know if you have anyones address or number which I can use to track my cell...please dude help yar.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
My ex room mate's sis phone was lost a week ago. Sis' husband was in vigilance. He got the phone tracked under one week. :cool:

Alas, none of our husbands are in vigilance. Stupid, worthless, good for nothing husbands.[/badjoke]
:)
@op, I dont know dude, i mean 7k is a heck lot of money, but the time and efforts you'd put wont really be worth it..considering the [infinitesimuly] chances of actually getting it back.
Most you can do is remote lock the device...but...just let it go buddy.

ssangra

Right off the assembly line
Police will register an NC (non cognizable offense) in such cases. U have the following options then

- Get a court order (w/o this the police cannot get the power to tk action on an NC)
- Get DCP permission
- Followup with the police so many times that they help u.

these days telecom operators will provide u call records from that phone for upto a month back. Helpdesks may not tell u this but u can get this from their service centre on furnishing proof of ownership and paying a nominal fee or sending an email request and paying online.

Police can track geog locns whether cell makes a call or not.

Keep trying.,..it is when we give up that crimes happen.

Top Bottom