plz Suggest me good dvd writer?

prathameshra

Broken In
which is best DVD writer available in market (Sony or lg) & tell me about new Sony 24x DVD writer & what is features &what is prize

static_x

In the zone
Sony SATA 1100/=
LG SATA 1050/=
Samsung SATA 1100/=
ASUS SATA 1150/=
ASUS Lightscribe SATA 1350/=
Moser Baer SATA 1050/=

I would recommend Samsung or ASUS.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
in most digit studies/comparisions I have found that preference is given mostly to Lite-On drives...is this changed now?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I am also curious to know why Liteon drives, a hot favourite years ago, has fallen out of the reckoning. LG seems to be the favourite now. What are the reasons?

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^I'll never recommend sony. My drive started giving problems just the next week when my warranty was over.

static_x

In the zone
A big NO for SONY from my side...I'd used sony few years back and during the 1 year of warranty I got it replaced for a record 3 times but in the end it landed into the bin.
LG was also a let down for me.
Now using samsung & Asus Lightscribe for the past 2 years without a single problem.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
KILL LG. Its the worst. There seems to be some bug in the firmware such that it will stop working exactly after a year or so. I have two cases like this- one myself and another a friend. Both LG drives.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
well it looks like different ppl have different opinions...i am using LG DVD writer for past two years without a single issue. it never wasted any of my CD/DVDs. i have seen couple of issues with Samsung drives though...specially tray related.

So basically you cannot go with anyone of us...why not go to your vendor and ask him which drive is turned back less number of times than others for repair etc. (condition is he has to be honest ;) )

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^the vendor will make him to buy the Drive which he has in stock. So its EPIC FAIL!

SONY - WORST CHOICE
LG - AGAIN WORST CHOICE
SAMMY - BAD CHOICE (as somebody told it has tray prob)

Lite-On and ASUS are the choices now left.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
for some years liteon and moserbaer are clubed and released DVD drives.. but now only moserbaer available..

i am using liteon-moserbaer from past 2 years

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Finally there seems to be no consensus on the best optical drive. Each one to his own :smile:. The thread starter must have been confused as much as I am :confused:. I shall now go ahead with a BD ROM drive :greedy:.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
^the vendor will make him to buy the Drive which he has in stock. So its EPIC FAIL!

if you have been cheated doesn't mean everyone's got themselves a fraud...I have a couple of vendors who do not advice just to sell off whatever they have in stock...these ppl sell more goods/hardware than number of days you have seen on earth and take my word for it they know which brand gives most of the issues...

Another reason they will advice you correctly is no one wants a nag after they sell a faulty product...

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
if you have been cheated doesn't mean everyone's got themselves a fraud...I have a couple of vendors who do not advice just to sell off whatever they have in stock...these ppl sell more goods/hardware than number of days you have seen on earth and take my word for it they know which brand gives most of the issues...

Another reason they will advice you correctly is no one wants a nag after they sell a faulty product...
Exactly. Small vendors may force you to get the drive in their stock, but not medium and large ones.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^exactly small vendors do force us. Here in my town there are dozens of small vendors but on Lamington road he will get couple of big and medium vendors. So if you are going to buy from Big vendor then its ok!

Top Bottom