Plz suggest changes in my config [If Any]

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
It is not GB/s, it is Gb/s. GB stads for Gigabyte whereas Gb stands for Gigabit. you have to devide Gigabit number by 8 (8 bit = 1 Byte) to get Gigabyte. For example 1 Gigabit = 128 MB.

So 3 Gbps = 384 MB/Sec. But normally SATA 2 has theoritical limit of 300 MB/S

Always remember, b stands for bit and B stands for Byte.

Edited the mistake. I knew that it is Gb/sec, but was confused by the OP's post just before my own post. :(

saswat23

Human Spambot
@saswat23 - how's ur zebronics U700 600 VA? How much mins is it giving backup? I'm thinking of considering Zebronics U850VA too, if its cheaper...

Its quite good UPS for its price. I got it for 1.05k only. It gives me almost 15mins backup (may be more, but haven't tried more than 15mins).
I had contacted zebronics just 5 days back and they said that they have stopped the manufacturing of 850VA, 1KVA units.
May be they will market some new models of 850VA and 1KVA. So, even if you find a 850VA, it will be priced around say 1.5k.

Instead if you get INTEX 1KVA @ 1.8k (Gives 30mins BackUp) it will be better.

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
Its quite good UPS for its price. I got it for 1.05k only. It gives me almost 15mins backup (may be more, but haven't tried more than 15mins).
I had contacted zebronics just 5 days back and they said that they have stopped the manufacturing of 850VA, 1KVA units.
May be they will market some new models of 850VA and 1KVA. So, even if you find a 850VA, it will be priced around say 1.5k.

Instead if you get INTEX 1KVA @ 1.8k (Gives 30mins BackUp) it will be better.

Cool. Thanks for the Intex Recomenndation. I can make a good decision on UPS now. But just now I got hold of a old Microtek Double Battery UPS. It isn't giving backup, shut downs when the current goes off. Shall I change the battery and use it or buy a new one? Does anybody know how much does the battery for that UPS costs?

The DH67VR board is now available for 4100 rs.
The only reason I opt for brands other than Intel is overclocking and sometimes features. But just few days back I came to know that it isn't possible to overclock 2100. So why go for other brand boards like asus/gigabyte/biostar/msi when Intel's offering is very cheap?
Intel® Desktop Board DH67VR

Is there any Intel / AMD motherboard with one PCI-E 16x , one PCI-E 1x, Sata 6gbps, USB 3.0 available for 4K?

Note: There are some motherboards, that offer USB 3.0 via Internal Headers too (Ex: BIOSTAR TA75M FM1 AMD A75 Hudson D3). That'll be much useful as you can get USB 3.0 from the front ports itself (cabinet)...

Edit: I've made up my mind. I'm going with the 2100+DH67VR build. I had forgotten one of the main reason why I'm upgrading the PC - to run the Android Emulator (which uses only one core - have to force & set the affinity to use 2 cores). So my guess is that the Android Emulator will run much better on 2100 than 965 BE. May be in future, the emulator will be optimized for quad core, but I can't wait till that, not even for few months... I need the speed right away.

Thread can be closed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom