Plz suggest Budget rig for 3d gaming

kriss332

Broken In
Hi to all techies, plz help me out with rig.
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
ans- 3D gaming only
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers?
Ans- open for any Brand, provided it shud b available in India.
3. What is your MAX budget?
Ans- below 30 K, including GPU. Budget is excluding Nvidia 3D vision(i'll purchase it after abit more research).
4. Planning to overclock?
Ans- only without seperate cooling.
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
Ans- most probably Win7. But i wont buy an original copy, will manage it.
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans- 320-500 GB.
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
Ans- i wud b using a 21" crt (120 Hz) monitor. & plan 2 buy a 3d projector later(just a dream), may b may not b. i havnt thought of Resoltion values. Perhaps above 1300 (dont hav good idea).
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
Ans- 6 , but donno exact indian market prices.
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans- no, will b done by assembler, but i m capable of assembling PC.
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans- within a month.
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
Ans- no if it raises cost much.
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
Ans- monitor & OS price.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
Ans- visakhapatnam. I cant go 2 other state for buying.
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
Ans- Plz try calculating if the rig wud b giving atleast 30-35 fps higher than normal gaming rig(3d Demand).
Thanks a ton.

One more thing, other than PROCESSOR & MOBO, i wud like 2 get rest stuff second hand also (secondary parts) .
One more qustn- is there any supplier in india (like NEWEGG or tigerdirect for us & west). Who cud ship the parts to me on order?

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
@ Jas
Actually any 120Hz monitor can be used.

@kriss
Your budget is too low. IMO you would want atleast 120fps for 3D gaming and its kinda impossible in your budget.

AMD X4 635 @ 4.5k
Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H @ 5.5
GTX 460 HAWK @ 11.5k
GSkill 4GB DDR3 1333MHz CL7 @ 3.5k
Seagate 500GB @ 1.7k
LG DVD @ 1k
NZXT Gamma @ 2k
VX450W @ 3.5k

Total 33.2k

Its the bare minimum. This setup can play newer games at medium or high.
Extend your budget and get a better CPU & PSU. And then SLI the 460GTX later.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think the OP does not mean "3D Gaming" literally.. What he was saying is that high end gaming, the way we say 3D modeling and 3D animation to make our statement much stronger.:lol::lol:

OP
K

kriss332

Broken In
Thank u so much people, i feel u guys r really computer architects.
Well i hav found a thread, & a guy using 3d- forums.techarena.in/hardware-peripherals/1375280.htm , i'll try contacting him. He has been gaming in 3d. Lets c.
Once i setup my rig successfully, i'll start a new thread here for informing all who need a direction in 3d games.
Thank u guys so much, & thanks ishu.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
That site is down for upgrading (for 6hrs).

Its up and well the suggestions he got were kinda insane
Usually AMD Phenom is best recommended for playing games which has Corsair graphics card on it.
go for AMD Athlon II x4 635 processor as it is the best available in the market
the most important is the graphics card which according to me fireGL would be better.
some games will be compatible with the graphics card but they won’t be compatible with the processor.
:lol::lol:
Brilliant :lol:

Last edited:
OP
K

kriss332

Broken In
Hmmm, so u dont agree with Techarena guy ! He didnt reply 2 my PM yet.
People, i m getting 2 much confused.
- i5-760/750 rig is ideal for this but cpu+mobo bundle itself costing 16K. Even if i take a Micro Atx with CPU, it is going around 14K. Then all boxing stuff- around 9K, gpu for around 11K. 3d setup- 15K. All goes upto 50K.
- other choice is Phenom x3 core unlocked. Cpu + board is economic - 10.5 K. But no guarantee of getting the 4th core & then remain with 3 cores only. (budget rig but with doubt & no guarantee).
- the middle choice is Phenom x4 series. Suitable price range (saving about 5K compared to i5-760/750 setup).
Now i hav putup the ranges in front of u people. Thers no doubt about i5-760/750 rig' performance, so wud it b worth saving those 5k by choosing x4 rig?
Benchmark Results: 3DMark, 3D Games : AMD Athlon II X4 620: Quad Core For The Masses At $100
Lets take Farcry, 90 fps on x4 965. Gets to 60 after switching on 3D, & each eye gets 30 frames after shutter switching at half. Wud it b playable?
Plz advice one rig.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Bah!!! TechArena have made multiple bots to post like users but they are not . The inconsistency and the way they reply itself shows. The forum is dead and its only some handful of people playing around to boost alexa ratings. Sad fact but true.

OP
K

kriss332

Broken In
Ok,
So sorcerer, whats up with yor 3D. I guess u 2 r gaming in 3D. Which rig u wud like me to pickup. I had mentioned 3 ways. Nothing like sticking 2 those only,it is just for ease in choosing.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
So sorcerer, whats up with yor 3D. I guess u 2 r gaming in 3D. Which rig u wud like me to pickup. I had mentioned 3 ways. Nothing like sticking 2 those only,it is just for ease in choosing.
If you're going to type like that then you should first buy a proper QWERTY board.

There's nothing for me to say, you first need to get some facts right and keep dreams aside. Your budget is 30k and you plan on nvidia 3D glasses (and I am sure you know know how much does THAT cost), dream of having a 3D projector but in reality you have a "21 CRT monitor" (When you said that, I assume you weren't referring to your TV). Ditch the idea of getting a nvidia glasses (I assume you are 'planning' to) and pool in all the money you have.

Sorry to burst your dream but dude, the cake is a lie! :))

OP
K

kriss332

Broken In
So, u mean, 3D gaming needs a budget of 50K ? Well i dont want to spend this much money on just gaming.
The problem here is that in our country there is no other mean of enjoying this 3D kind of thing. We dont have 3D theatres everywhere & home solution gets quite costly.
Well then, better i'll get a PS3 & then no problem gaming. Any comments anybody?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
So, u mean, 3D gaming needs a budget of 50K ?
Nope. Read again. Rather than planning to spend 30k on the system and 20k on a 3D system or whatever you're trying to say doesn't make sense a all. Buy a decent rig which you can game properly. Fantasizing about desires often lead to confusion. If you have done research, then you should have known by now that "actual" 3D gaming is expensive.

The problem here is that in our country there is no other mean of enjoying this 3D kind of thing. We dont have 3D theatres everywhere & home solution gets quite costly.
And you think the developed countries are getting a 3D gaming system for 30k (converted to their currency)? Its pretty obvious that you haven't done any research- or haven't been reading the right stuff.
Well then, better i'll get a PS3 & then no problem gaming. Any comments anybody?
See, you don't know what you want to buy. The topic started as a PC and now its ps3.

Think on your own what you want in a device and decide if you want a PC or PS3. Before doing any research, make up your mind. If you're going to ask people what to choose between ps3 and pc, you're simply going to see bunch of fanboys typing their guts out :p.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Bah!!! TechArena have made multiple bots to post like users but they are not . The inconsistency and the way they reply itself shows. The forum is dead and its only some handful of people playing around to boost alexa ratings. Sad fact but true.

Always suspected that, the English is perfect, but the grammar is warped.
:)

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Yep yep. Even people with 1L budget don't ask for a "3D" rig. Early adopter always repent.

So, u mean, 3D gaming needs a budget of 50K ?
From what I read, people usually get 3 26+" Monitors with dual graphics and that alone costs more than 50k (for 3D).

We dont have 3D theatres everywhere & home solution gets quite costly.
Exactly. ;)

OP
K

kriss332

Broken In
Everything u said is +100% correct. Actually 3D gaming requires a cpu atleast i5-760/750 or above, mobo supporting SLI, high GB/s, gpu above GTX460.(means a very high end rig) All this goes upto 40-45K, & 3D setup seperate.
But what i've been trying 2 find is possibility whether i can go 3D on a moderate rig? Thats y i had been searching for guys who have played 3D. Got some inputs from one or two. Well, like Ishu said about 3 monitors, that is eyefinity. That is an ultimate thing. Rather than going for that, it is better to get a DLP projector. I read in some reviews in MTBS3D.COM, Somebody spoke that a 3D projector can b had within 400-500$, donno how much true(didnt check it). these all r fancy things, above initial setup. U sit in front if a 23" screen at 2 feet distance and u can have a nice immersive feel in 3D.
Well, i know 30 K is too low. It is a general gaming rig. But just trying 2 find possibilty of 3D in this rig. Well anyways, i am not spending huge money on 3D & like 2 remain rich, hehehe.
Thanks anyways 2 all for yor labour. Thank u.

rajan1311

Padawan
a 3d proj will prolly set u back at least $1500. Even with a GTX 460, you have to lower the resolution when in 3D, no way can you game at 1080p. You can try gaming at 720p.

So your best bet would be to get the rig what ishu suggested, get a pair of glasses for 10k and give it a shot. Do google around for people using 3D on a CRT though..

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
$400 :shock:
You can't even get a decent 2D projector for that price.

FWIW I googled "3D projector price" and I found LG CF3D for $10000 and DepthQ for $5900.
The 3D glasses with these come for $200. :lol:

Dunno where you have ben lookin'.

Top Bottom