Plz help me out with ma upgradation probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
hey guys i'm thinking of upgarding my pc.
1st i'm looking 4 a gfx card in the range of 15-20k.in a diff thread i was suggested 4870.wat i was thinking was of buying nVidia (9800GTX+ or GTX 260) cuz nost games r supported by nVidia.so plz suggest me brands which i shall get in Kolkata.also give me the names of the shops and their contact nos.

now comes the part which is giving me sleepless nights.i'll upgarde to Nehalem once it reaches the market and good mobos r available.so i was thinking whether its a good idea to get a P45 chipset based mobo.
specifically i'm looking 4 Biostar TPower I45 for bout 7k (or maybe 'll get Darklords mobo).so wat sud i do,run my current config and upgrade to Nehalem directly or sud i get a P45 based mobo now and then later on move to Nehalem?

Plz help me decide.

Thnx:)

Renny

Padawan
Dude that system in your siggy your current config rite, that's one hell of a rig dude :D , why do you want to upgrade?

Instead of upgrading now why dont you upgrade directly to nehalem later.

acewin

Point Blanc
and I hope you know for nehalam you would need X58 chipset mobo than ny of the current mobos.
And I donot even think u need to invest in anything right now or in nxt 6months except for the gfx card.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@Rahul yup the config in my siggy is my current rig.still its time for me to upgrade.

@acewin i do that Nehalem will req me to buy new mobo and procy as current gen mobo and procy r not inter compatible with Nehalem.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
keep ur current proccy ,ram,mobo..u have already OC'd it mch..
get 4870
in most games they are neck to neck
GTX 260 is 3fps ahead in Crysis ,if that matters

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
true..hw many games support physx/gettng physx ?
these--
Cryostasis (Dev: Action Forms/Publisher: 1C Games)
Nurien (developed and published by Nurien Software)
MKZ (Object Software/publisher TBD)
Backbreaker (Natural Motion/publisher TBD)
Bionic Commando (GRIN/Capcom)
Empire: Total War (Creative Assembly/Sega)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (Gearbox/Sega)
Borderlands (Gearbox/2K Games) Cryostasis (Dev: Action Forms/Publisher: 1C Games)
Nurien (developed and published by Nurien Software)
MKZ (Object Software/publisher TBD)
Backbreaker (Natural Motion/publisher TBD)
Bionic Commando (GRIN/Capcom)
Empire: Total War (Creative Assembly/Sega)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (Gearbox/Sega)
Borderlands (Gearbox/2K Games)

+ AMD and Havok ?

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
ok.so u ppl r suggesting me not to upgrade my mobo.think i'm gonna get 2 sticks of DDR2 800 and a gfx card.and maybe if i can get the Biostar TPower I45 for very low price then i shall get it too.:D.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Hey Thread starter !!! I am upgrading to your config and u r upgrading already . Wow !!!
If u sell ur rig i wud be delighted to buy it .

IMO u shud buy the HD 4870 or if possible buy the 4870X2 , its the best card and its about to be launched in India , go for it and it wud be way better than 4870 and u wont require crossfire for it too .

neways current xfire mobo are crap they are "Crossfire Ready" not "Crossfire".

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ he's confused.

@mehra.rakesh i'm not selling my whole rig.all u can get is 2*1GB DDR2 667 sticks and the IP35-E mobo.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@hellgate

Dude, I think that you should wait for Nehalem as others say. Otherwise you will just waste your money by buying a new mobo. Your mobo is good enough :). Get the GTX260. And if you want to buy RAM, go for DDR2 800MHz RAM :)

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ dood i already hav a buyer for my new mobo.i'll sell it 4 more than i'll buy it in November bt the prob is he doesnt want a P35 based mobo so i cant sell him my present mobo.

roadrippersid on E is looking for ip35e
if u wanna sell

care to explain buddy, didnt quite get u
thnx.:)

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
hey guys i'm thinking of upgarding my pc.
1st i'm looking 4 a gfx card in the range of 15-20k.in a diff thread i was suggested 4870.wat i was thinking was of buying nVidia (9800GTX+ or GTX 260) cuz nost games r supported by nVidia.so plz suggest me brands which i shall get in Kolkata.also give me the names of the shops and their contact nos.

now comes the part which is giving me sleepless nights.i'll upgarde to Nehalem once it reaches the market and good mobos r available.so i was thinking whether its a good idea to get a P45 chipset based mobo.
specifically i'm looking 4 Biostar TPower I45 for bout 7k (or maybe 'll get Darklords mobo).so wat sud i do,run my current config and upgrade to Nehalem directly or sud i get a P45 based mobo now and then later on move to Nehalem?

Plz help me decide.

Thnx:)

as others have said i would suggest u not to get a new motherboard as nehlam will costly initially and will using socket B (LG1336) and chipset would be X58 which in most certainty will support only DDR3.

so buying a mobo will not be great in my opinion.

and i think the mobo u are buying is this

link - *www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-power/content.php?S_ID=365

this is crossfire mobo ....why buy a crossfire mobo when u plan to buy gtx260?

if u don't want crossfire or SLI go for MSI P45 neo which is much better mobo.

15~20k range u must go for HD 4870 perhaps for a 1GB DDR5 model,its better than gtx260 in every sense. and it costs less.that way u can save money and put in mobo if u like.

theitwares prices-

gecube HD4870 -17000/-+shipping.
POV 260gtx-19500/-+shipping.

lynx prices-
sapphire HD4870 -16755/- + 670/-(4%VAT)+150/-=17575/-
zotac gtx260 -18236/- + 730 (4%VAT)+150/-=19115/-

clearly the difference is 2.5k in both the cards

and for hd4870 performs much better than gtx260 and costs 2.5k less convince urself at

link - *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4870,1964-7.html

wat i was thinking was of buying nVidia (9800GTX+ or GTX 260) cuz nost games r supported by nVidia.

seriously dude which age u are living in ??

tell me a game not supported by ATI and is supported by nVidia....please.

kolkata is tricky place to get the brands,i suggest u ask for fellow forum members from kolkata they will help u out.

so i will suggest u a HD4870 anyday ...its much faster than gtx260 thanks to DDR5 memory which gtx260 lacks.

if u still want to pay more and stick with nvidia its ur choice.

acewin

Point Blanc
ingame his hell's idea is lil different as I see. He is selling IP35E mobo and buying any P45 mobo, and latter on when nahelam comes he already has any of his mate to buy that P45 mobo(this person does not want P35 mobo), all this said if I understood it correctly.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
AMD representatives reported yesterday the absence of plans with respect to the realization of CUDA support and PhysX in future video cards. Yesterday appeared the possibility of accelerating PHYsX by radeon HD video cards with the aid of modified drivers. Using the drivers physX 8.06.12, which ensure physX support for NVIDIA video card. After a certain modification, as reports associate, these drivers can be forced to accelerate physical effects using radeon HD 3870. The support of radeon HD 48xx is not realized, since the author does not have any model for experiments.

In 3DMark vantage with radeon HD 3870 and modified drivers it was possible to increase the result by 10-12% in comparison with the same configuration but without physX support . The work on drivers continues, and new revelations on this theme will appear within the next few days.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
seriously dude which age u are living in ??

tell me a game not supported by ATI and is supported by nVidia....please.

u got me all wrong buddy.by support i meant that most games come with the 'The way its meant to be played' logo ,i.e nVidia sponsors them and maybe the games r optimised to run better on nVidia cards.
now hen did i say that games wont run on ATi cards cuz nVidia supports them.

@acewin yeah buddy u got it rt.this guy came to me a few days back and said that he's buying a rig in 55k by November.so i asked him wat mobo and procy he prefers.the answer was P45 and Penryn uad or dual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom