Hi,

I have following config:
Intel Core2duo E6300 cpu,
Asus P5b M/B,
Hitachi 200 gb sata hdd,
512 mb DDr2 ram,
Geforce 7900gs ,
LG DVD writer

I have windows XP and Mandriva 2007 installed.

While installing FC6 it couldn't detect the hard drive, so installation could not be completed.
Also the Mandriva2007 didn't detect the DVD writer.
Please help

Thanks in advance
Adhip

eddie

El mooooo
Have you used Fedora 6 or Fedora 5? Your motherboard is quite new and has been reported to work with Fedora 6 only. If it does not work then I am sorry to inform you but you will have to compile a custom kernel :|

OP
Adhip007

Adhip007

Journeyman
I have used mandriva 2007, but not fc6 in this motherboard. But I think Mandriva 2007's kernel is older than FC6 (zod)

Last edited:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok Adhip007 now go to your BIOS and check the mode that SATA is working in there is a Combination and another mode whose name I dun remember. Remove it from combination if you can find it. FC has some problems with that mode. So remove that setting and FC will detect your hard disk allright.

eddie

El mooooo
Adhip007 said:
I have used mandriva 2007, but not fc6 in this motherboard. But I think Mandriva 2007's kernel is older than FC6 (zod)
If it worked with Mandriva then try installing Fedora in text mode and note down the error at which it stops. This will help us in guessing the reason behind the non-detection of HDDs

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
FC6 doesn't detect my LAN card. It detects it wrongly which obviously doesn't work. It doesn't detect realtek cards i think :-(

OP
Adhip007

Adhip007

Journeyman
Changing the settings from enhanced to compatible in Bios FC6 does detects HDD in text mode booting. but still not able to install it. It doesn't shows the hdd in partitioning screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom