Plz help! and get me out from this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bold_tank

Right off the assembly line
2 months ago the e & f drive of my hdd gets corrupted on its own..each time i run my chk disc and scand disc but the problem was not getting solved.

after a few days I found out that my entire system stops working: this means that there is power in keyboard and mouse but my processor and board has stopped working and there is no display. I have to restart my entire system by switching-off the main power source and not by the cabinet reset or power buttons. the frequensy of this problem goes on increasinga nd after a few days this starts happening after every 15-20 mints.

I even tried to recover my motherboard BIOS but even this could not solve the problem. I finally tried to format my hdd but u will be suprised to know that even I was unable to format my system properly. I tried to format using partition magic.

Now after this incomplete formatting whenever I am trying to install windows once again the board boots with the help of bootable cd and start checking my present h/w settings BUT after that there's no display.....

I have even contacted intel customer support and they are ready to replace my motherboard.....

Can any one let me know what the problem is and where it lies?

OP
B

bold_tank

Yeah I have checked my power supply and earthing and every thing is fine.

Just to let you guys know that..

I have checked smps ram processor almost every part and there isn't any fault wid any of the part..i have any one big concern and that is i wont wanna lose my hdd data.

as far as my system configuration is concerned it is:

946GZIS m/b
2.4 GHz dual core processor
512 mb ddr2 transcend ram
160 GB seagate sata hdd
450 watts smps
lg dvd writer

Definately a fault in you mobo. I too got a problem somewhat similar to yours in my previous Intel Desktop Board D865GBF. It showed these symptoms suddenly and then poof! it was gone for good. There remained electricity in Keyboard, Mouse, as well as the LED of mobo was also lit. But no display, nothing. Got it replaced from Intel. Intel Desktop Boards do get these kind of problems i guess. Dont wait anymore and waste your warranty period and send it for replacement asap.

OP
B

bold_tank

thanks a lot buddy
but i am really amazed y this kind of problem are arising with these intel boards

coz before that i also hv a 865GBF board and hv to replace it once because of the faulty on board graphics controller and later just after the warranty period entire board gone for good.

now this problem is arised with my new 946 board.

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
The prob is with ur mobo and due to that ur hdd might have been damaged to some extent.
For full checking type " chkdsk <drive letter>: /r " this will try recover ur lost data and will try to fix bad sectors. If this doesn't work go to ur frnds house connect the hdd to ur frnds comp and then delete all the partitions after backing up , using the disk manager in windows xp.

To locate disk manager right click "my computer" icon and select manage.
Then go to "disk management".

After deleting the partitions recreate the partitions and "full format" them.
Hope u know how to do this.

If there r many bad sectors then plz replace ur hdd coz they tend to increase!!!

Now regarding ur MOTHEBOARD ,
the prob may be due bios corruption or the electrolyte capacitors that intel uses which have shorter life.

I'd suggest u to go for ASUS , GIGABYTE , XFX or MSI motherboards that have solid state capacitors which have more life.(Not all these mobo makers use Solid State Caps in all of their boards) Select ur mobo carefully - don't hesitate to spend 1 to 2k more on a good mobo.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
well,imo it seems a prob with the mobo.....
it might hv been the smps,but u say u checked it......
is the powersupply in ur locality surge free, i mean within 50-60hz?that cud cause a lotta probs...though its very unlikely....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom