pls tell me what is best source to learn java

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoursfriend

Broken In
pls help me to let me know how sud i learn java programming so that i could learn best i m a student of comp sci
tell me which book is best to study
or any tutorial i can get so that i can learn it effectively
and all abt how to compile and run different type of code what to use?
and learn how to debug?
pls give your advise to me .if u have an experience in java programming..

sumeetindia

Journeyman
E. Balaguruswamy, "Programming in Java", 2nd Edition, TMH
Publications
-A good book
But basics of Programing is necessary to start with this book (like basic of OOPS Or C++)

reddragon

In the zone
well let me ask u first where u stand now ....i mean tell us ur age , education still now , ur place , and ur knowledge in computer . once we know this we can give u a direction .

if u done programming before like in C , ur job will be easier ....... but ur job will be tougher if u dont know any programming . OK first learn the OOPs concept and learn what an object is ... like polymorphism , abstraction , encapsulation and inheritance ... actually just try to understand what it is ...it will be more clear later .I WILL HELP U .

CyCo

In the zone
Start with balaguruswamy for basics,concepts etc ..

If u want to directly start working in college practicals, then use:

1. Complete reference - Java (Coz it has an index .. so u can directly look up the word in doubt)

2. Java Black Book - Better when u want to read about particular topics ...

3. GOOGLE THE DOUBT ...

---------------------
hence ,
Basics - Balaguruswamy
Syntax/Keyword doubts - Complete reference
Topic reading - Black book

hope that helps ..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
JAVA 60 minutes a day series - Rich Raposa

Wiley publication

Its a much better book than all above. I hav read many JAVA books but found this one a cake walk to learn JAVA.

One more book is there if u are willing to shell out more money (it costs around Rs.500)

HeadFirst JAVA - Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates
O'reilly publication

This book is like a visual memory pad and helps u get doubts cleared in first reading.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
THE BEST java source is from The Makers of JAVA itself ,

*java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

and if u finish this , then try
Code:
Professional Java JDK 6 Edition - Wrox Press
*www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0471777102.html

this is how i learnt JAVA , don't go in for any courrses they're just a waste of time , you'll learn more from these books than from all those courses loitering around .

OP
yoursfriend

yoursfriend

Broken In
actually i m a B.Tech student and know good programming and also i have read java (complete referenece) and i m feeling better wid java but i want to learn it in deep so that i can learn every concept i mean for advance level of programming but till yet i have not worked vey much wid java and i need to know from your side to suggest me i have good hand in c but not in oops too much !

can u tell me link to download these

1 balaguruswamy .

2. Java Black Book -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom