pls suggest me a 5.1 Speaker arnd 6k

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmarbee

Journeyman
@Siva - jus now checked the april edition of digit; both the speakers have been reviewed. Yes, Desiibond is right, X540 wins hands down in movies. In music, X540 wins in some criteria and vs3251 in some criteria.
In build quality and features, vs3251 is better than X540.
Also you compare the price of both speakers. If you can afford for the price of X540 - then surely go for it - jus because it excels in movies - cause ultimately u r looking for HT system!
@desiibond - whats the current price for onky HT3100 and onkyo HT 3200? And does that need any amp? It includes digital input too? Can I use my X-fi platinum's analog out to HT S3200?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
last time when I checked HT-S3100 was around 19k. and HT-s3200 is to replace HT-S3200 and should cost around 23k if I am correct.

OP
S

siva283

siva
thnx a ton desiibond for ur detailed views... thnx all...

i hv fixed my mind to X540... but my only other question is, will Philips or anyother home theater speakers that are specially meant for dvd players, be better than pc speakers in any feature???

axxo

99.9% Idle
I do recommend x540. It is just perfect to beat anything in 5k-6k range.

I reckon, digit has done a review on speakers a while ago and Artis 5.1 was eventually declared as winner

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@siav283. yes. A good home theatre system (speakers) easily beats a desktop speakers.

That is why I mentioned earlier to search for Philips of Sony speakers meant for Home theatre setup. They are perfect companions for DVD player.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Logitech X-540 has really long wires.. i saw the pack at my friends' home.. and it has something called X-Matrix which makes it possible for the stereo sound to be played by all 5 satellites.. but IMO it may hamper the clarity of the sound..

One thing you should e careful about is the placement of the subwoofer.. the subwoofer is small and not that powerful (although i find all the speakers crap after listening to my fantastic MX-5021, yeah i'm biased :D ) just put it inside the computer table or somthing that is closed from two sides but open from the back...

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@desiibond.. are you using your MX-5021 with a discrete sound card?.. I'm thinking about getting one...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yes. am using it with Creative Live 7.1 sound card. a bit old card but lot better than the onboard of my new 780G motherboard.

and what you said about audio is true. A 5.1 should always be used for surround and you can't expect the clarity of MX-5021 or Z-2300 on any 5.1 speakers.

OP
S

siva283

siva
i went to a nearby Philips dealer.. they had arnd 5 to 6 models of 5.1 speakers ranging from 3000W(arnd 3000 Rs) to 7500W(arnd 6500 Rs)... the 7500W speaker(the model is DSP7500) wud suit my budget... they refused to show demo... :sad:

does any1 of u hv experience with these Philips speaker systems?? is it better to go to these kind of speakers or something like X540 :?:
:confused:

jerryelvis

In the Verge of Evolution
I did a bit of digging here and now I do (strongly) suggest X-540 over VS3251.

X-540 reviews:
Overclockersclub:
Don’t pass up this 5.1 speaker system from Logitech when you’re shopping for a new set of computer speakers or home entertainment speakers. The bass that is produced by the subwoofer is so clean hitting that all of the songs I played sounded a tad better than before. Having a master control unit to control the master volume, bass, and 5.1 or 2.1 setup is perfect. When my speakers are hooked up behind me and I’m not watching a movie or playing a game, I like to just use the 2.1 setup. At full blast, I honestly felt like I was sitting front row at a Carlos Santana concert listening to him play some of the meanest guitar solos ever known to man. My gaming got elevated to a whole new level because I actually jumped when I got shot from behind because I heard the sound behind me and it just made the game more realistic. I felt as if I was getting shot at when Tony Montana went on his rampage and shot up his house. These 5.1 surround sound speakers really do put you into the game, movie, and studio.

I am yet to find a full fledged reivew on VS3251 that says that these perform good in entire frequency range.

My Verdict: X-540 hands down!!!

After reading this post I'm seriously considering to pick logitech x-540.
@desiibond
My mobo ASUS P5KPL-CM.
Audio- VIA VT1708B 8 -Channel High-Definition Audio CODE.
Can i hook logitech x-540 with this system or should i need to go for a 5.1 sound card. :???: (i know it's pretty lame to ask,Im not a pro ).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You can use X-540 with ASUS P5KPL-CM. As per the spec sheet, i see that this one support 8 channel audio which means that you can connect upto 7.1 speakers to your motherboard.

Source: *www.motherboardpro.com/ASUS-P5KPL-CM-Socket-LGA-775-Intel-G31-Micro-ATX-Asus-Motherboard-p-645.html

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@siva.. never, ever trust PMPO ratings.. PMPO is Peak Music Performance Output.. its not accurate.. just an advertising gimmick for the companies.. ask about the RMS ratings of your speakers and then post here.. we'll help you to choose the best..

rahul.karan

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
Philips new range of 5.1 speakers chroned by family name "IES" Intelligence embedded speakers are full feature packed 5.1 systems at very attractive prices.
There are 3 models in this range starting from DSP 5500, DSP 6500 and DSP 7500.
All of them provide multiple connectivity for " Convergence" of all audio systems are your living room.
Can connect DVD player, CD player, TV, PC, mobile devices ( like cell phones and media players) at one time with Remote selection.
The Present Input synchronization helps to enjoy best acoustics on all kinds of audio content you play. The full function remote control with night vision challenges any HTIB in range of 15k price band. The unbeatable FM quality performance with customer friendly features of Auto search and program function, Present Music Equalizers, night and sleep modes adds to long list of features making IES - Best in class @ around 6k price band.

The products are great deal all applications well designed for Indian music taste.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Hi Guys,
Philips new range of 5.1 speakers chroned by family name "IES" Intelligence embedded speakers are full feature packed 5.1 systems at very attractive prices.
There are 3 models in this range starting from DSP 5500, DSP 6500 and DSP 7500.
All of them provide multiple connectivity for " Convergence" of all audio systems are your living room.
Can connect DVD player, CD player, TV, PC, mobile devices ( like cell phones and media players) at one time with Remote selection.
The Present Input synchronization helps to enjoy best acoustics on all kinds of audio content you play. The full function remote control with night vision challenges any HTIB in range of 15k price band. The unbeatable FM quality performance with customer friendly features of Auto search and program function, Present Music Equalizers, night and sleep modes adds to long list of features making IES - Best in class @ around 6k price band.

The products are great deal all applications well designed for Indian music taste.

Last edited:

jit_devil2

Broken In
x-540 owner here :-o.................go for it.......nice set of speakers....solid built.vs3251 is also good(my frniend has it)..............but frankly the only positive it holds over the x 540 is the wireless remote...............otherwise x540 wins hands down.....................the best feature being the fdd2 technology of the x 540......................btw when you want to get the best out of your 5.1 speakers try to get 5.1 media sources..................like for movies go for dd or if you download look for the ac3 format audio codeced movies.

royal

Padawan
Another X-540 owner here...:p

For sub 6K budget, it is definitely a good choice, though not the only good choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom