pls suggest a TV TUNER CARD for recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
i have 2 doubts:
1) can i encode tv shows directly to divx using the Leadtek WinFast PVR3000 with hardware encoder using less processor power??

Yes
2) can i connect tata sky to Leadtek WinFast PVR3000 and WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition??

U should be able to, but I am not sure about this myself.

OP
K

krishnenduk

Broken In
recording and viewing qualitywise whcih tuner card will be better?? Leadtek WinFast PVR3000 Deluxe or WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition??

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I would recommend the TV 2000 XP Global Media Edition due to it's compatibility with Windows Media center.

varunprabhakar

In the zone
is pinnacle pctv 50i a gud card if i am getting it for around 1200 using some coupons? will it support media centre or vista and how is the video quality

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
is pinnacle pctv 50i a gud card if i am getting it for around 1200 using some coupons? will it support media centre or vista and how is the video quality

The card is good but I don't think it will be supported in Media center of Vista.

Video quality is like TV, waht else...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey, one big problem....

My motherboard has no serial or parallel port. Instead it has a serial port header on the motherboard by which I can connect a serial port in the PCI slot bracket of the cabinet. Now, my pinnacle remote's IR connecter used to connect using the Serial port but what about Leadtek? How do u connect the IR reciever to the computer? Vis USB or Serial?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Crap.....there is a problem now. The MCE version is not available with this distributer so he gave me the Pinnacle TV2000 XP Global with FM card which is same as Vivek got but without the Media Center remote. The guy said that if my purpose isn't solved then he will gladly take the card back & pay me the money. I told him to reduce the cost then & after the negotiation I m getting it for Rs 2,100.

What should I do now? I don't want to use the Leadtek PVR application, if it was for that I could have used my old Pinnacle Tuner with ChrisTV itself. If the card works with Vista Media Center then I will simply buy a Pinnacle Remote Kit for Windows Vista or use my K750i to control, but if not then I will return it back & take the money.

Last edited:

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Crap.....there is a problem now. The MCE version is not available with this distributer so he gave me the Pinnacle TV2000 XP Global with FM card which is same as Vivek got but without the Media Center remote. The guy said that if my purpose isn't solved then he will gladly take the card back & pay me the money. I told him to reduce the cost then & after the negotiation I m getting it for Rs 2,100.

What should I do now? I don't want to use the Leadtek PVR application, if it was for that I could have used my old Pinnacle Tuner with ChrisTV itself. If the card works with Vista Media Center then I will simply buy a Pinnacle Remote Kit for Windows Vista or use my K750i to control, but if not then I will return it back & take the money.

holy cow...lol ..:sad:

yes even NON-MCE versions remote works with vista MCE app. with winfast app. as software emulator for making NON MCE remote work with VISTA MCE..only problem is that up-down ch. & vol is not supported by this remote,every thing else works perfect

if u are interested i would upload PCI audio driver for u & give u more steps & links...

btw. 2.1k for that tuner is very nice..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, I got the TV Tuner installed. I installed the card hardware first, then installed the latest Vista MCE drivers from Leadtek Website, then installed Arcsoft Software Mpeg encoder. After this in Vista Media Center the tuner was properly able to detect channels. I was able to browse through them easily but then I cancled as I will configure it later.

The final deal is of Rs 2,050. I will buy a Pinnacle Remote kit for Windows Vista soon after I return from Bangalore.

I am going to use Winfast PVR (bad UI) for some days, once I get the Pinnacle Remote kit I will switch to Media Center.

Have a look at My Lab workstation thread for more info...

OP
K

krishnenduk

Broken In
I ordered WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition today and i hope i will get it tomorrow... im a keralite and now at coimbatore.. i ordered from chennai.. the deal was for WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition, Rs 2400/- and for WinFast TV2000 XP Rs 1750/-... i selected WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition.. will tell u people abt it tomorrow... one doubt.. how can i differentiate between the two cards???

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Ok, I got the TV Tuner installed. I installed the card hardware first, then installed the latest Vista MCE drivers from Leadtek Website, then installed Arcsoft Software Mpeg encoder. After this in Vista Media Center the tuner was properly able to detect channels. I was able to browse through them easily but then I cancled as I will configure it later.

current state of leadtek drivers for vista MCE are pathetic..
4-5 months back leadtek released PCI AUDIO enabled series 4 drivers,they are just 184kB in size and work better with vista MCE/XP..than current drivers

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, I have decided to return this tuner card tomorrow. Why should I buy a non-MCE card & then another MCE remote seperately when I can buy the MCE version of Leadtek card myself from somewhere. It's the dealers fault he wasn't able to give me this card today.

I m returning this card tomorrow & going get all my money back, with that money I will try to find the TV2000XP Global MCE card in Bangalore as I m going there in few days anyway.If the card isn't available then I will simply buy the Pinnacle Remote kit for Vista & use my existing PCTV 100i with ChrisTV. Atleast the new remote will work with vista.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
if your 100i supports PCI AUDIO in both hardware & drivers then it would also work with vista MCE with that arcsoft mpeg-2 encoder:D
try it;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, I will try this tomorrow.

I am going to buy a Pinnacle Remote kit for sure, whether I use TV functionality or not, it is required to work properly on Windows Media Center.

What do u mean by PCI Audio? The sound from Tuner goes through a wire connected to blue pin at the rear of computer in case of both my Pinnacle Card & Leadtek card

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
PCI AUDIO means audio from PCI bus or say without audio patch cord.With leadtek card u don't need to connect audio patch cable with vista MCE as audio is routed by PCI bus only...with winfast pvr u would need audio patch cable as winfast pvr cant make use of pci audio whereas vista mce just works with pci audio only..

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I tried it with my old PCTV 100i Tuner card, it doesn't work.

Oh well, old plan is still intact, returning the leadtek card & buying the Pinnacle remote or MCE card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom