pls suggest a TV TUNER CARD for recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
If it is leadtek, I would recommend WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition any day over any other card or Pinnacle PCTV Tuner for Vista as they both are certified to work with Vista MCE & comes with MCE certified remote.

WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition is same tuner as Leadtek winfast tv 2000 xp global + a vista MCE remote...

but i would prefer winfast PVR over VISTA MCE as winfast PVR lets me record directly in DIVX & XVID,max capture resolution being 480x480 with cpu usage being 80% (A64 3000+ venice) upto 6000 kbps bitrate & level 3 quality

Leadtek winfast tv 2000 xp global with 10bit ADC CX23883-39 + Xceive XC2028 receiver is better than pinnacle PCTV stereo & pinnacle 110i anyday

though i need to confirm what tuner pinnacle is offering in PCTV kit for windows vista
pinnacle PCTV stereo is 9bit ADC Philips SAA7134 + Microtune MT2050 receiver..

Microtune MT2050 receiver has problems with the reception of some channels & the quality on some channels is far from perfect..

pinnacle PCTV 110i is 9bit ADC Philips SAA7131E + RF-shielded block Philips TDA8275A

Philips TDA8275 is a hardware shortage in the feedback auto gain.
due to vast problems in reception,Compro flatly refused the use of philips TDA8275 and TDA8275A receivers in its products & instead used receivers from LG in its lineup!!

Philips TDA8275A requires high signal strength to be near perfect..
In lower-level signal there is of occurrence of a well-marked fine color noise..but this receivers denied deficiency in the system of auto gain characteristic of the TDA8275..

overall thing is there are better receivers than philips TDA8275 and TDA8275A in form of xceive receivers ...& most importantly xceive receivers are a major hit among most manufacturers!!

joe2005

Broken In
A new pinnacle product PINNACLE VIDEO TRANSFER is introduced in india according to a Techtree report.
*www.techtree.com/India/News/Pinnacle_Video_Transfer_Introduced/551-86861-615.html.

psmontte

Broken In
WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition is same tuner as Leadtek winfast tv 2000 xp global + a vista MCE remote...

but i would prefer winfast PVR over VISTA MCE as winfast PVR lets me record directly in DIVX & XVID,max capture resolution being 480x480 with cpu usage being 80% (A64 3000+ venice) upto 6000 kbps bitrate & level 3 quality

Leadtek winfast tv 2000 xp global with 10bit ADC CX23883-39 + Xceive XC2028 receiver is better than pinnacle PCTV stereo & pinnacle 110i anyday

though i need to confirm what tuner pinnacle is offering in PCTV kit for windows vista
pinnacle PCTV stereo is 9bit ADC Philips SAA7134 + Microtune MT2050 receiver..

Microtune MT2050 receiver has problems with the reception of some channels & the quality on some channels is far from perfect..

pinnacle PCTV 110i is 9bit ADC Philips SAA7131E + RF-shielded block Philips TDA8275A

Philips TDA8275 is a hardware shortage in the feedback auto gain.
due to vast problems in reception,Compro flatly refused the use of philips TDA8275 and TDA8275A receivers in its products & instead used receivers from LG in its lineup!!

Philips TDA8275A requires high signal strength to be near perfect.. In lower-level signal there is of occurrence of a well-marked fine color noise..but this receivers denied deficiency in the system of auto gain characteristic of the TDA8275..

overall thing is there are better receivers than philips TDA8275 and TDA8275A in form of xceive receivers ...& most importantly xceive receivers are a major hit among most manufacturers!!

Are you talking about PVR2000 (And is it (and remote) fully MCE compliant)

parthbarot

In the zone
Hi,

i got pinnacle pctv 110i. It gives good quality (not same like TV though) + divx recording +IR remote control + FM radio tuner also...

can anyone tell me, how can i get maximum quality?

i mean if i can get thru good cable? or any software can do it? or i need to get new card? :(

btw, i am using ChrisTV which is fabulous... provides many options for recording in different kind a formats..and also better results then original pinnacle media center...

we can also config remote for it...

Reply if you have any suggestions.

Paarth.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ parth

If chris TV & Pinnacle stuff is working for u, then good. On Vista it's not the best combination so I got the PCTV Tuner kit for vista.

You can play with FFDShow in ChrisTV to enhance the quality to some extent. That's all I know of

parthbarot

In the zone
btw, my card (pinnacle pctv 110i with PMC [Pinnacle media center-remote control edition ]) is vista compatible...

one of my friends used it in vista also...he enjoyed a lot bcs he got Dell LCD monitor 22" (15k shipped from b'lore to gandhinagar ,gujarat)..

and i got is...samsung ... 14" samtron 54v one :(

but my cpu is GOD
AMD athlon 5200+ x2, 2gb 800 mhz,250gb western digital 16mb buffer HDD sata2,MSI k9agm3 MB (this MB is ....awsome.. see its specs... )

Paarth.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I ordered Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition TV Tuner card today for Rs 2,200. It is coming on order from chennai & will be here by Wednesday.

I will be using it with Windows Vista Media Center, since I hardly record TV so hardware encoding isn't required. In software encoding my system CPU with assitance with GPU due to UVD & AVIVO I can easily record in WMV format in real time from within the Media Center.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^nice buy congrats;)
very nice pricing for MCE version considering i bought non MCE version for 2.5k 7months back

I guess I got a good deal. Hey, does your non MCE version works in Vista Media Center??? I mean even if the remote doesn't work, that's not a problem, but the TV Tuner should work & show channels properly in Vista's Media Center.

If the remote doesn't work, you can always buy either the XBOX 360 universal media remote or Pinnacle Remote kit for Vista. These will work with MCE.

I am not into recording of TV so Windows Media center is good enough for me.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
does your non MCE version works in Vista Media Center??? I mean even if the remote doesn't work, that's not a problem, but the TV Tuner should work & show channels properly in Vista's Media Center.

yes, MCE & non MCE versions have same tv tuner card..only difference is remote control,with non MCE version only remote control does not works with vista mce
software mpeg 2 encoder in VISTA MCE is ARCSOFT ..

If the remote doesn't work, you can always buy either the XBOX 360 universal media remote or Pinnacle Remote kit for Vista. These will work with MCE.

yeah..would do it sometime in near future;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
yes, MCE & non MCE versions have same tv tuner card..only difference is remote control,with non MCE version only remote control does not works with vista mce

Yahooooo....means I can use Media Center as well as some 3rd party app to watch & record TV. From now on u r my best friend, your bear expences are mine :D

software mpeg 2 encoder in VISTA MCE is ARCSOFT ..

Is it included or installed when I install the drivers for Leadtek Card?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yippeee.....nothing else is required. The tuner works in MCE & so does the remote....time to enjoy Baywatch from the couch...:D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I ordered it in Lucknow, Zebronics deals with Leadtek so I ordered to the distributer of Zebronics in Lucknow.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
@gx

non-MCE versions remote control fully supports POWERDVD 5,6,7:D

btw. zebronics is better known as "top notch infotronics".They are distributors directly go to them..

OP
K

krishnenduk

Broken In
i have one doubt.. Is Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 -
Specs: 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB, EM64T, EIST, iAMT2 with XFX 630i-7159 motherboard, 1GB RAM and WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition is enough for basic home tv recording in divx format?? pls reply..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
i have one doubt.. Is Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 -
Specs: 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB, EM64T, EIST, iAMT2 with XFX 630i-7159 motherboard, 1GB RAM and WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition is enough for basic home tv recording in divx format?? pls reply..

In India people use Cable TV which is 640X480 at 24 fps, PAL format. Your computer is good enough to record content in DivX at a bitrate of 1024 for video & 128 kbps mp3 for Audio.

OP
K

krishnenduk

Broken In
i have 2 doubts:
1) can i encode tv shows directly to divx using the Leadtek WinFast PVR3000 with hardware encoder using less processor power??

2) can i connect tata sky to Leadtek WinFast PVR3000 and WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition??

pls help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom