Pls Suggest: A Music Organiser n Tagging app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion

Journeyman
Hi Friends,
I have GBs of music like most of you. Movie name as the folder name in all and song title as the file name in most cases.
The Tags they have is some junk web ad in most files. I want to delete all tags as a batch process and Tag them based on folder name and file name as a batch process too.
I want to batch edit filenames-like remove a similar part in all files of a folder- too.
I want a tool to tidy up my collection and maintain it once in a while... I prefer WMP to play on my lap... and prefer to copy n paste directly on to my transcend mp3 player.

Please suggest me an app to do all these or a few apps that do these... not a simple tag editor.

kapsicum

spice it up
i would recommend TagScanner coz i hv been using it since long for my GB's of Mp3 collection... and find it a great & feature rich software to Tag & Organise Mp3 files.

find it here *www.xdlab.ru/en/index.htm

Last edited:

hullap

Cyborg Agent
i rather feel picard is the best tagging software
*musicbrainz.org/doc/PicardDownload
the BEST music player i found was amarok, but it is for linux, BSDs and maybe macs, not for windows(atleast till KDE becomes stable enough on windows)
foobar2000 is the best windows audio player ive seen

:)

aditya1987

Extheist
Try Tag&Rename 3.4.6 it has lot of options..
It has,
1.Multi File Tag Editor.
2.Get Tags From File Names
3.You can also download album art through it..

8)

jal_desai

In the zone
TagScanner is really nice for Tagging music files.. it is also available in Portable form so u can carry it in a thumbdrive...

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Believe me organising music is a daunting task, particularly if its hindi and comes from mp3 CDs available in the market. No software will be able to help you do it automatically. Ultimately you will have to do it manually. Download DBpoweramp. This helps to locate which files have what tags. You can tag files from there properties. After you put in the album name and artist name, you may autotag them from the web using media monkey. Use the free editions, they will be enough. DBpower is also one of the best audio converters available.

Believe me organising music is a daunting task, particularly if its hindi and comes from mp3 CDs available in the market. No software will be able to help you do it automatically. Ultimately you will have to do it manually. Download DBpoweramp. This helps to locate which files have what tags. You can tag files from there properties. After you put in the album name and artist name, you may autotag them from the web using media monkey. Use the free editions, they will be enough. DBpower is also one of the best audio converters available.
Yes. DBpowerAmp is good. But it is not free. :|

Nirvan

Right off the assembly line
After doing a small research on programs for tag editing, I decided for mp3Tag Pro (*www.maniactools.com/soft/mp3tag-pro/). This program let me edit and manipulate different information easy, quickly and with a minimum effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom