SwiftLover

Broken In
I also have same Q in my mind :(

I have a budget of 25K and have shortlisted
Nokia N8
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Samsung Galaxy SL i9003
HTC Desire S

I have heard that Samsung Galaxy Phones heat up after few mins of gaming is it true?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Budget Rs 20,000 and wanna buy as soon as possible. It should be android.

Thanks

For sub-20k, go for Galaxy SL i9003. Not perfect, but still decent enough. If you can extend your budget a little bit, then the original Galaxy S for 22k or HTC Desire S for 23k are awesome phones...

I also have same Q in my mind :(

I have a budget of 25K and have shortlisted
Nokia N8
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Samsung Galaxy SL i9003
HTC Desire S

I have heard that Samsung Galaxy Phones heat up after few mins of gaming is it true?

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 is available for around 22k. Desire S is for 23k. Both amazing devices... Don't buy N8... software sucks...

Just Dial

Right off the assembly line
Budget Rs 20,000 and wanna buy as soon as possible. It should be android.

Thanks

Hi!

Could you please tell us what kind of features your are looking for in a mobile phone so that we can help you select an appropriate model.

Regards,
Just Dial,

I think Motorola Defy should be a good option which will also save you a few thousand.

This is what exactly I would also recommend.
I bought this gadget around a week ago at 17k from Irla market, Mumbai and its perfect snartphone for me.

Actually its the best durable smartphone of its own class.
Why I am saing this to you is becase this device is water resistant, scratch proof and dust proof.
You can check the proof at youtube for the same. M loving this atleast.

Soumik

Padawan
Hi,

I own a defy and i can tell you its super good. But with a budget of 20K, standing today, i would have got Google Nexus S. its available for 21K in Letsbuy. its a real steal of a deal if you ask me. :)

Or might not... I missed the fact that its SLCD and not Super Amoled. I would have still gone for Defy. :)

bongourav

Broken In
Well I myself am planning to buy a Defy probably in the next month... I am only worried about whether it's OS can up updated to higher versions or not ???

Soumik

Padawan
^^ There is no official word that Defy will not get Gingerbread upgrade. In fact there was a leak of the official working GB ROM from Motorola for Defy. Whether they will stop their work in between and leave Defy at 2.2 is something we cant be certain at this time.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
looking at motorola's record, i really really doubt Defy will get 2.3. they have left more than half of their mobiles at 2.1 whereas others have updated to 2.2 & some to 2.3

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@Dangerous Dave
If you are not into switching mobiles every few months, then I suggest get a Phone that has better support from its manufacturers.

Coming to the phones that were suggested till now

Samsung Galaxy S

Kick ass hardware crippled by buggy firmware, I fiddle with my friend'f SGS on a daily basis, updating his ROM's, rooting etc etc. I can tell you, since Day-1 there was no stable firmware for this, every firmware ever released has some major bug or the other and they will release a patch/firmware and the cycle went on.

I personally hate Samsung's attitude towards firmware support, they simply ignore firmware support for devices just months after the phone's release. Case point, ask any original Galaxy/Spica users(includes me too). Looks like the same fate awaits Galaxy S now after Galaxy S2. And there aren't many third party devs working on Samsung scene, so 3rd party support is limited.

In short a big no for SGS, if you have a strict 20K budget then Galaxy SL is a better option, much stable firmware compared to SGS. Ofcourse it awaits the same fate as SGS.

Motorola DEFY

If you are in a habit of throwing away your phone every now or in a habit of saving damsell in distress by jumping into pool with phone in pocket, then Defy is for you :p
That said, Yes, Defy is a good choice once, not now. Motorola is a dying brand in India and firmware support sucks, If I were you I won't invest my money in this.

HTC Desire S
At 23K, I can't think of a better phone, solely based on the huge third party support it has, hardware wise minor upgrades from the original Desire, The advantage with any HTC Android mobile is the strong firmware support, both from manufacturer & third party devs. Even if your device is more that two years old, you can still expect all the latest firmwares being ported to your phone, which is not the case with other brands.

bongourav

Broken In
@Dangerous Dave
If you are in a habit of throwing away your phone every now or in a habit of saving damsell in distress by jumping into pool with phone in pocket, then Defy is for you :p

Instead of talking about throwing away the phone, I think Defy is more useful in case of accidental falls, which can happen to almost anyone...

By the way, I noticed quite some issues of faulty earpiece problem with the Defy over the internet. Is it true or Motorola has patched it up ???

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Instead of talking about throwing away the phone, I think Defy is more useful in case of accidental falls, which can happen to almost anyone...
In that case a entry level Nokia phone serves the purpose right, survives the fall and peace of mind for us. Even if it gives up, it won't hurt much :p

Soumik

Padawan
@sriharsha - There is a certain difference in getting a Nokia entry level .. ahm "re-assemble-able unit".. as i call it, and a proper android smartphone. Both provide hardiness. And btw.. throw an entry lvl nokia and defy in a pool of water and see who survives... As for accidental falls, the former would just break apart.. but the magic is that u can put the pieces togather, and they will work again, which offcourse wont be the case with a smartphone. If you break it.. u break it.. thats it. :) I got Defy exactly for its hardy and compact design with a powerful chipset inside it.
I would also want to point one thing about your earlier post. No custom firmware's are absolute bug free, while most official ones are. They are just loaded with crapware which hinders the user experience. Be it SGS or SGSL, both have same problems. Since the price diff is not that great right now, its better to go for SGS. There are few good custom roms available for SGS, and thats more than enough. Its not like clothes that you would go changing everyday. One proper ROM is more than sufficient.
At 23K, instead of going for HTC, if the only adv you are calling for is the firmware issue, y not go for Nexus S at 21K? It doenst have any such issues, better hardware, bigger screen, and would be ahead of Desire S in getting Android updates. To me Nexus S is more value for money than Desire S right now.

@Sam - Yeah i know that. But my only hope is that Defy is one of their top range phones and not many models are there internationally from moto which are above it. So, if they take out GB for anything, Defy should get it. :) I will keep my hopes high until Moto announces the expected dissappointing news. :(

@bongourav - Yes, it was fixed from Moto a few months back, and new models shouldnt be having the problem. I have bought it abt a month ago, and havent faced any hardware issue so far. I got a distortion from earpiece a few times in the first week, took it to service centre, and they couldnt replicate the issues. And ,touchwood, hadnt occurred after that.

Correction!!! Anther price drop for Nexus S... Its available for 19K after discount from Letsbuy or 20K from flipkart!!! :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Dangerous Dave has already bought a mobile - Samsung Galaxy S.

You guys can carry out your discussion if you want to.

Top Bottom