Please Suggest me a laptop under 45k. 50k max

terrafield

Broken In
Please suggest me a laptop. My main requirement is Reliability/Ass. Another major requirement is Optical/SPDIF audio output as I listen to music using external DAC and headphones but not at the cost of reliability. If I need to compromise reliability for this feature then I don't need this facility

1) What is your budget?
45k. 50K max if its justifiable

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen (or)
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Sony, Asus, Toshiba (Mainly because of reliability)
b. Dislike: None

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
1. Browsing - 30%
2. Music - 30% (Laptop with Optical/SPDIF out is preferrable)
2. Movies - 30% (including 10 to 15GB mkv files)
4. Normal operations (Excel, Word) - 5%
5. Work related to Remote desktop (creating RDP connection and then working on remote desktop) - 5%

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
No

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
No but I guess graphic cards are must to play high capacity mkv movies

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Not an important criteria for me as its going to be plugged in always

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
If there is no problem in customization then its ok for me to buy it online

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 7

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
720p or 1080p

OP
T

terrafield

Broken In
Thanks for your suggestions. Looks like Sony CB45 is a clear winner

Can I consider CA35 instead of CB45? because it looks like CA35 has 7200rpm hard disk whereas CB45 has only 5400rpm HDD but not sure if its really worth. And with my current system I'm facing problems in opening applications. Google chrome taking more than 5 min to open (Current system - AMD Phenom X4, 2GB RAM, 640 GB HDD)

Is it worth to go for 7200rpm HDD?

Thanks again for your suggestions. Your opinions are really helpful

nithesh123

Broken In
Its always good to go for 7200 as they are fast when compared to 5400 hard disk..... Only reason is access time is faster in 7200.... If u think ours worth then go for it otherwise Settle with 5200....

And u told it takes 5 min to open chrome.... That's nearly impossible cause above system which u mentioned us fast..... I think virus or something else might be the cause...... cause system us definitely fast....

aroraanant

Explorer
Thanks for your suggestions. Looks like Sony CB45 is a clear winner

Can I consider CA35 instead of CB45? because it looks like CA35 has 7200rpm hard disk whereas CB45 has only 5400rpm HDD but not sure if its really worth. And with my current system I'm facing problems in opening applications. Google chrome taking more than 5 min to open (Current system - AMD Phenom X4, 2GB RAM, 640 GB HDD)

Is it worth to go for 7200rpm HDD?

Thanks again for your suggestions. Your opinions are really helpful

CA35 lacks the Full HD display which matters a lot, the difference between 7200 rpm and 5200rpm HDD will not be much, but difference between a HD and Full HD display is a lot.
So I suggest you ti buy CB45 only.
And about your old system, I suggest you to format it once.

OP
T

terrafield

Broken In
@nithesh123, aroraanant: thanks for your suggestions.

I will check it out CB45 and let you know.

Is acer laptops reliable?

Top Bottom