Please suggest me a good web host...

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyabhi

Blue Knight
I am planning to start a web design & development company...
I am a beginner with no experience in this field but only skills....
Please suggest me what to do about the hosting of the client's website? Which web host in India or abroad would be the best for this purpose & also affordable so that I can charge low from my client for hosting his site.
I looked for a lot of web hosting providers like GoDaddy.com, Bluehost.com, Resellerclub.com, awardspace.com but I could not decide which is best.
Some provide low rates & high data storage & bandwidth, some provide low storage & bandwidth & high cost. I am really confused. Why there is such a variation?
Please help me set up a company at this time of recession.
I know I can draw a lot of local clients but am still looking for a better solution to provide them best hosting services.
Also, do anyone know, at which web host, thinkdigit.com is hosted upon?:eek:

OP
onlyabhi

onlyabhi

Blue Knight
Thanks for all these replies...

Thanks for all these replies... but I dont know why I am unable to trust these hosts... I do agree that they may be very good at their services... but...

Anyways, I was thinking why not trying any popular webhost like 1and1 or GoDaddy or any other...

But I am confused to see such a variation in their costs.. Some provide GB's of data at cost of other providing only a few hundred MB's... And some even have an impossible feature of unlimited storage & bandwidth...

These kinds of hypothetical facts discourage a customer like me...

I think its reseller overselling... In that case, there is least chance of a good customer support...

Please anyone tell me someone who have their own physical servers used for hosting rather than reseller accounts... how to distinguish a reseller from a original provider...

mrintech

Technomancer
Re: Thanks for all these replies...

Thanks for all these replies... but I dont know why I am unable to trust these hosts... I do agree that they may be very good at their services... but...

Anyways, I was thinking why not trying any popular webhost like 1and1 or GoDaddy or any other...

But I am confused to see such a variation in their costs.. Some provide GB's of data at cost of other providing only a few hundred MB's... And some even have an impossible feature of unlimited storage & bandwidth...

These kinds of hypothetical facts discourage a customer like me...

I think its reseller overselling... In that case, there is least chance of a good customer support...

Please anyone tell me someone who have their own physical servers used for hosting rather than reseller accounts... how to distinguish a reseller from a original provider...
If you are in so much doubt and want quality host than go for: *www.dreamhost.com/

Rest all the above mentioned Hosts are Trustful :)

OP
onlyabhi

onlyabhi

Blue Knight

If you are in so much doubt and want quality host than go for: *www.dreamhost.com/

Rest all the above mentioned Hosts are Trustful :)

Thanks... but how can anyone provide unlimited web space & bandwidth... dont you think its impossible... & if someone is saying this then he is fooling people...

mrintech

Technomancer

Thanks... but how can anyone provide unlimited web space & bandwidth... dont you think its impossible... & if someone is saying this then he is fooling people...
If you think like this only than you will never get any webhost.... Dreamhost is very very affordable and widely used.

Also you can check out: *www.ewebguru.com/webhostingplans.php

:)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

1. Theere is no such thing as Unlimited hosting. These are all marketing tactics.

This is a practice called overselling, which most hosting companies have engaged in to compete with one another.

The reality is that nobody can legitimately support any of these enourmous amounts of transfer for all users.

The theory is that only an infintesimal amount of customers would even come close to using the full extent of any given offering. As such, many hosts can afford to drop users that are truly stressing their servers. Either way, these offerings tend to not be in the interests of the typical customer.

So many customers think they are getting more from these offers when in fact they are usually getting less.

You know what they say - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

2. The ones who promise such high resources for pennies are going to suspend the services based on *fair usage policy* which the user agreed when he she signed up.

I thought bandwidth was restricted by line speed ? So theoritically even if you download like hell from a server, its limited by the 1GBPS or whatever line it has, right ?

Then unlimited bandwidth simply means you won't be charged seperately for the bandwidth and you download from the available resources right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom