Please suggest configuration for a Sim racing computer

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
So I have been searching around for information on buying pure sinewave UPS. I must say I am shocked at the lack of info on this from even the most credible sites. Even if they do have info, its so less. I mean even in western countries with uninterrupted power they are also quite likely to face brownouts and any 80 plus bronze and above PSU does not respond well to that.

Second, when it comes to the product itself, as far as the rates and everything goes, its mostly not listed or is listed in too few sites. The simulated/stepped up 1000 va are in existence but not the pure sinewave. I mean one can buy a super high end PC for all he cares but if he does not give it the most optimal power would that not hurt the system?

Anyways I just visited the dealer in my city and the rates quoted for the pure sinewave are 12.5 plus external battery for 5500(exide or amaron). The internal battery model goes for around 20 k but gives only 5 mins backup.

I am quite the noob when it comes to computer knowledge but from whatever I have read any PSU above 5k with a bronze plus ratings performs best when given sinewave. I feel a sticky in this regard would benefit many. Or maybe its already there and I havent seen it?

those psus will work with quality upses which provides stepped sine wave. the duty of ups is to provide enough time to save your work and then shut down and not to run the pc for long time when the power is cutoff. so better get apc 1100va ups at 5.5k

OP
P

pegasus1990

Broken In
My only concern is this

While I am in a multiplayer session and power goes, the one minute or so which it takes for the generator to kick in I do not want my internet or computer,whatever be the case to turn off. There are reviews which says the seasonic 620 cant witstand even 400w with a simulated ups. I believe my setup would draw that much power at the minimum?

I read it here Gold and Bronze: Seasonic Power Supply Units Roundup. Page 3 - X-bit labs

There are just so many conflicting reports everywhere that I don't know what to beilieve. Needless to say, if a 1100 va will be enough, no one will be more pleased than me. I just dont want the computer to be blown up because i did not get the necessary ups.

Last edited:
OP
P

pegasus1990

Broken In
I bought the 1100 VA in the end. I found out that the reason xbitlabs's test on seasonic PSU crashed was because they used a 300W UPS.

With that, all hardware parts arrived had arrived by tuesday but complications still exist. I finished putting everything together but in the end realised that the GPU i bought (XFX 280x) has different connections. I had bought adapters for eyefinity through ebay keeping in mind the connections in the asus 280x but thats different from what's required for this. So, the one I need now is a active minidisplayport to HDMI adapter but the one i have is just a displayport adapter.

So unfortunately, its a wait once more. Have ordered through accell cables who have eyefinity certified adapters. The Indian distributor has told me it will take him a week atleast to source it. Just don't feel like starting up the system with just 1 monitor when I have 3 monitors waiting to be fired up. I might just install the OS and run the benchmarks if I feel like it. So yup, its a wait once more.

Congrats on the purchase :) BTW you can work on improving the cable management while the cable arrives. Do post pics of final cabinet interiors.

OP
P

pegasus1990

Broken In
I have got to be one of the stupidest people out there because even with what I thought was lots of research done by me I still have overlooked one of the basic features of the R9 series. They do not need a compulsory displayport for eyefinity. Grrrrrr!!!

Well so now firing up the system tomorrow. Glad that I have not paid for the adapter, that would have set me back by 3k. Well I will get back tomorrow hopefully with some good news.

Cheerio!!

^^ Feeling sad for you. Anyway do post some pics...
3 Monior setup and all

Will certainly post the pics. Just hoping that finally everything will work. Keeping fingers crossed.

Congrats on the purchase :) BTW you can work on improving the cable management while the cable arrives. Do post pics of final cabinet interiors.

Cable management is going to be the tricky part being the untidy person that I am. Will try to make it presentable.

Top Bottom