Please suggest an android phone under 10k with given pre-requisites

amitzorba

Broken In
Hi friends,

Please help me. I need the best Android phone (preferably below 10k) of any brand with the given features:
These features are must:-
1) At least 512 MB RAM
2) At least 800 MHz CPU
3) At least 3.2 inch screen. I would watch movies and tv shows on it. So good display.
4) Internal memory 300MB
These things are also required to great extent:-
I want to have A-GPS, FM radio.etc.
I want to play good games
I want to root my mobile later!
Front facing camera is preferred but not necessary.

I was liking HTC explorer. Only problem is that its internal memory is very low.

Please suggest some mobiles!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ and explorer's bootloader is locked so rooting can be a headache. Consider LG Optimus Net or Net Dual. And 300MB internal memory is not possible under 10k. If you are ok with 3" screen, Xperia Mini has everything you need including a fast GPU.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
at less than 9k, there are only 2 mobile worth considering: Explorer and Net. With both having their share of problems.

NET: more internal memory, no locked bootloader, more free ram (both have 512MB ram).
Explorer: ARM v7 proccy so ICS, JB, and anything later will work 100% fine whereas the same works only partially in Net or Fire XT, or Ace, etc with some features disabled or not working. Also till now what i heard is battery backup is not extreme nor bad.

Explorer have less dev support but it may get Desire C's Android 4.0 rom ported to it as both are exactly the same.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
explorer is cool...
xperia mini is cooler...
upcoming sony xperia tipo is VFM...
check out tipo if you arent in a hurry...

digitaltab

In the zone
xperia mini, though you will get only 3" instead of 3.2" but dude its awesome, seriously awesome...
it has got all things you require,

kool

Cyborg Agent
Get galaxy ace bro, it has 3.5inch screen, Plus you can install ICS rom (Custom) on it.

what is custom ICS? can i install on ACE DUOS?

explorer is cool...
xperia mini is cooler...
upcoming sony xperia tipo is VFM...
check out tipo if you arent in a hurry...

Its very small in size :( what is the expected cost?

*cdn1.mos.techradar.com//art/mobile_phones/Sony/XperiaTipo/HandsOn/XperiaTipo_03_HandsOn-580-90.JPG

OP
A

amitzorba

Broken In
Thanks friends,

I appreciate all your comments. Is 600 MHz of Explorer sufficient? Also, I need to install Ubuntu on mobile... So please consider that..

Thanks a lot :razz: :)

OP
A

amitzorba

Broken In
Hi friends,

I can accept Micromax and other brands too. Now I have read that Explorer has very low internal memory 90MB. Would it be sufficient to install the apps available? So please suggest me a mobile with these revised specs based on your advises:-

At least 800 MHz
512 MB RAM
150 MB internal memory
A-GPS

If the phone can be upgraded to ICS officially or hack , then thats a bonus!
Thanks a lot!

Amit

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hi friends,

I can accept Micromax and other brands too. Now I have read that Explorer has very low internal memory 90MB. Would it be sufficient to install the apps available? So please suggest me a mobile with these revised specs based on your advises:-

At least 800 MHz
512 MB RAM
150 MB internal memory
A-GPS

If the phone can be upgraded to ICS officially or hack , then thats a bonus!
Thanks a lot!

Amit

Micromax to launch 5-inch Android phone A100 soon - Tech News - IBNLive

*technoholik.com/media/content/2012/Aug/micromax-a100-homeshop18-post.jpg

Micromax A100 Phone Detailed Specifications

5 MP Camera With Video Recording
Flash Light
Android 4.0.4(ICS)
3G Connectivity
Dual Sim With Dual Standby
Screen size : 5.0inch(12.5inch)
YouTube