Please suggest a phone between 8k-12k

shade1

Broken In
I am looking to get a smartphone in the range of 8k-12k,please suggest an android phone which has at least a 3.2 inch display,a 800 mhz processor and some good amount of internal memory more than the usual 160/170 mb.I considered the Samsung galaxy pocket because it had an internal memory of 3gb but it's screen size was very small that's why i am not considering it.Earlier i had a Samsung galaxy pop and my memory card used to have lots of space but i was always running short of internal memory and had to delete apps that's why i want a phone with a bit more internal memory.Since in this range there is only one Samsung phone with the specs equivalent to the pocket that is the ace duos but i have no use of a dual sim and it doesn't have a proximity sensor,no led flash and runs a bit slow that's why i am not considering it.
Please also tell me is Huawei a good company since in the phone buying guide here it is on top of the list ,if it is then i will definitely consider buying the ideos x5 pro.
Please also tell me how are the companies like Spice, Karbonn,Micromax and whether it is worth buying any of their phones because i will use this cell for at least 2-3 years.Also why is the htc explorer on the top of the 10k phone list even though it has a 600mhz processor and just 90 mb internal memory .Thanks in advance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Please also tell me is Huawei a good company since in the phone buying guide here it is on top of the list ,if it is then i will definitely consider buying the ideos x5 pro.

makes solid mobile but be sure that they have service center in your place. They have recently entered Indian market is force so many cities still don't have any proper center. Other than that, X5 Pro has the best spec under 15k and have active community support also.

Please also tell me how are the companies like Spice, Karbonn,Micromax and whether it is worth buying any of their phones because i will use this cell for at least 2-3 years.

remember these companies will never ever push any update. so if there is community support for a mobile it'll get updates or fix problems (unofficially) else you'll have to live with whatever defects it have your whole life. I'll suggest better stay away from them even if they are offering Super AMOLED display, dual core processor or 8MP camera cause other than no update, the parts mayn't be easy to find if something goes wrong like battery dead after a year or the screen gets damaged.

Also why is the htc explorer on the top of the 10k phone list even though it has a 600mhz processor and just 90 mb internal memory

alphabetical order.

rahuldude09

Broken In
makes solid mobile but be sure that they have service center in your place. They have recently entered Indian market is force so many cities still don't have any proper center. Other than that, X5 Pro has the best spec under 15k and have active community support also.

remember these companies will never ever push any update. so if there is community support for a mobile it'll get updates or fix problems (unofficially) else you'll have to live with whatever defects it have your whole life. I'll suggest better stay away from them even if they are offering Super AMOLED display, dual core processor or 8MP camera cause other than no update, the parts mayn't be easy to find if something goes wrong like battery dead after a year or the screen gets damaged.

alphabetical order.
Sorry brother, you got that half right. That is not true anymore as from now on the devices will get update. During a recent launch exhibition Micromax said that they will roll out Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) for A84, A90, A100 and the upcoming ones. And I understood to which phone you were hinting to, the Micromax A90 is an excellent phone, worth buying.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sorry brother, you got that half right. That is not true anymore as from now on the devices will get update. During a recent launch exhibition Micromax said that they will roll out Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) for A84, A90, A100 and the upcoming ones. And I understood to which phone you were hinting to, the Micromax A90 is an excellent phone, worth buying.

i have heard the dual core mobiles will receive JB update. lets hope they do before the next version is out but what if the update causes some problem as happened in case of Sony Ericsson. you can't easily revert back to Android 4.0 or try a custom rom. cause either their is no way to flash an official rom or no custom rom at all. So just cause a mobile packs excellent hardware doesn't mean one should go and buy. Though i am not saying the recently launched mobiles are crap cause they pack really impressive specs at sub 10k pricepoint but one have to be ready for bad times too.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
The Micromax A100 is on sale for 9.8k already on Maniac Store. This article should help you out in deciding which phone to buy:

Micromax Launches Funbook Pro, A100 and A90 Superfone | Gadgetronica

Top Bottom