Please suggest a laptop in 50 K range...

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi,
I am planning to buy a laptop within next 1-2 months. My budget is max. 50,000 but can be extended but it is really worth it.

I am intel fan. I will use this laptop as my desktop replacement. I know nothing about laptops.:(
What I want from my laptop is :
1.It should be able to run Vista Ultimate with all graphic effects like aero etc.
2.It should be able to run all the latest Linux distros, I mean it should be able to display their graphics like beryl effects,compiz etc.
3. It should be durable and futureproof for atleast next 2-3 years.
4.As I am a software engineer, It should be able to run all programming languages with their development environments like Java, VB, .NET, Maya, Abobe softwares, etc. and should support multitasking.
5.As I am an audiophile,It Should have good audio system.
6.I am not a hardcore gamer but like to play games occassionally , so laptop should allow that also.
7. I will use this laptop for continous long hours say 6-8 hours but I will mostly use at my home or at my workplace..not much on the move.

8.It should have wireless card, bluetooth and decent camera, also slots/ports for all latest cards/devices.
9.It may not have any windows pre-installed because I can install/use linux or windows myself.

My preferred brand is Dell as I have heard that dell is good but you may suggest other brands also. what in my mind is to have atleast intel core 2 duo 1.5 GHz and 2 GB RAM will be good.
Please suggest the best I can get in this budget.... :)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Go for Dell.
Within 50K, you can easily get a laptop wit C2D, 2GB RAM, you can cheaply upgrade to higher end battery and charger, it will be Vista Premium ready, you will also be able to fit in HD Audio card cheaply as well as a "N" Wifi card.

You can customize it according to your own needs, and it will fulfill all your needs.

You have many variations to choose from, the best would be you go to www.dell.co.in and see for yourself.

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
thanx for reply...I am a noob when it comes to laptops.Please explain how can I cheaply upgrade to higher end battery and charger? U mean of third party or of dell itself ??? what will be the benefit of higher end battery? what do u mean by Vista Premium ready? does it mean it will have vista premium preinstalled or vista premium can be installed on it ? what is HD Audio card ?what is N wifi card ??
please suggest me model numbers also. Also tell me where to buy laptop, I mean can i buy it from anywhere just like desktops( my computer vendor dont sell laptops) or these are to be ordered online( what is the procedure for that) ???

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
Almost all DELL laptops come with OS pre-installed and the 1420/1520 usually comes with Vista Basic or Home premium.... Home Premium is more than enough if you ask me and only minor differences between Home Premium and Ultimate....

Go for atleast a 15.4" screen if you are looking for a desktop replacement.... But for the requirements you have mentioned it will come around 55k for a DELL.... For decent gaming atleast get a GeForce 8400 GS.....

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
Also all DELL laptops can be either ordered online or by phone only.... There are no retail DELL outlets in India as far as i know....

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Thanx again. Do Dell offers any special discounts on festivals like diwali/christmas/new year??? I am in no hurry , I can wait that long if I can save some good bucks.

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
Hmm actually every month they revise their rates.... And also in the first week of every month the rate will be a lil bit high and then after that it will lower from the 2nd week and remain the same till the end of the month... Some times during the 3rd or 4th weeks the price might slightly rise....

So the 2nd week of the month is the best week to buy from DELL if you ask me.....

And no they do not offer any festival discounts afaik but if you are willing to wait till Diwali why not wait and see....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
alsiladka said:
Go for Dell.
Within 50K, you can easily get a laptop wit C2D, 2GB RAM, you can cheaply upgrade to higher end battery and charger, it will be Vista Premium ready
what is model number... with 2 GB RAM ,C2D in 50K

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Don't buy higher capacity RAM from Dell, their prices for the expansion are outrageous! Instead, get the default capacity (1 GB) and buy the extra module locally. Isn't hard to install and remove thanks to the well built slots for the same :)

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi, just checked their dell website . my customised 1520 which was earlier showing Rs. 74,655 is now Rs. 69,786. Wow.
Now. officially they are saying the prices will be revised on 2 nov . So , should I wait till 2 nov (hoping further decrease in price) or shall I place the order today only( becoz the current price decrease may be becoz its end of month, and prices may go up on 2nd nov )prices ??? Please Please Please help...

I have decided following config:
Intel C2D T7250 2.0 GHz
Vista Home premium
3 Year Complete Cover
15.4" widescreen WXGA 1280*800 display with truelife
2 GB RAM
Integrated sound blaster audigy advanced HD audio software
Nvidia 8600 GT 256 MB
160 GB SATA HDD
8x DVD writer
Midnight Blue color
9 cell battery

Link on dell site : *www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...sd1&l=en&s=bsd
Please reply...

Pathik

Google Bot
I wd say cut off the 3r complete cover.. that wd save u 10k
see this cart no. 2801468..
it goes to 65k..

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^well thats right but I am going for limited complete cover that costs 6.5 k , not exact 10 k. and i want that complete cover coz i will use that laptop a lot and that too roughly. :)

Pathik

Google Bot
Still i think 1yr wd be enuf.. if u really want to spend 6.5k extra then get a t7300... the 2mb extra cache ll help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom