Please suggest a Graphics Card

iluvw810i

Broken In
My config of the system is like this:

Core 2 Duo at 3.16 Ghz
4GB DD3
1 Tb HDD
Intel Motherboard (not sure of the model number right now)

---------------------------------------------------------

Please suggest me a graphics card within the range of 10k.

I am looking to get the card within a week. And if someone is selling please PM me as well.

Cilus

laborare est orare
iluvw810i, download CPU-Z and let us know exact model numbers of the components you have. Also as thetechfreak suggested let us know what PSU or SMPS you are having. if it is some cheap Local Frontech/Intex SMPS then probably you need a new one as those SMPS simply can't handle a high end card like HD 6850. Also let us know in what resolution you are planning to game.

OP
I

iluvw810i

Broken In
I indeed have a local Iball SMPS rated at 450 w. Which one should I go for? Is my processor and system RAM enough to handle the 6850?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get FSP Saga II 500W as SMPS and Sapphire 6770. It should be within your budget.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I indeed have a local Iball SMPS rated at 450 w. Which one should I go for? Is my processor and system RAM enough to handle the 6850?
Your Processor is okay and 4 GB ram is well enough. But you didn't anwer my 2nd question...What resolution you are going to use?

OP
I

iluvw810i

Broken In
Your Processor is okay and 4 GB ram is well enough. But you didn't anwer my 2nd question...What resolution you are going to use?

I am intending for a resolution close to 1360 x 786 if nothing else. Also was thinking of upgrading my current LCD to a LED LCD. What do you suggest?

Given that I buy Sapphire 6770/6850 along with the SAGA II 500 W, will my system be able to deliver a good FPS while gaming at this resolution. Also will I be able to "enjoyingly" see HD movies?

Games, i usually play sports and racing games. So involves fast motion

OP
I

iluvw810i

Broken In
@d6mbg...
Kinda new ere..so what is OP?
And I am not only interested, infact necessarily need smooth HD playback as with gaming

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
OP=Original Poster

HD playback and gaming are different. Are you going to upgrade your monitor too?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't matter. I am a member since almost the beginning and 95% or more of my posts are since the last 4-5 months. Even I was not aware about quite a few things some months earlier.

I must be ignorant about some other things yet.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Doesn't matter. I am a member since almost the beginning and 95% or more of my posts are since the last 4-5 months. Even I was not aware about quite a few things some months earlier.

I must be ignorant about some other things yet.

This forum is very nice place to learn.
In my case, I know almost every bit about latest software, programming language shits etc, but had very small idea about hardware part. I'm a regular subscriber of digit magazine, and once I saw there that it have its own forum. Types the url & then checked this forum as unregistered user for 2-3 months.Then I've decided to join in this forum & it paid off.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
if u only play racing and sports games, get a 6770 Sapphire/MSI with FSP SAGA 500W...

Cilus

laborare est orare
iluvw810i, at a resolution of 1366X768 (it is not 1360X768), HD 6770 can play all the high end games with the highest settings enabled. Also you can get a HD 6790 which is little powerful than HD 6770.

So my suggestion:

Sapphire HD 6790 1 GB GDDR5 @ 7.8K
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K

THe Gfx card price is from GRAPHIC CARDS

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some monitors do have a max res of 1360x768, don't know why! ;)

Can a 6790 lives happily with a FSP 500W? I mean, it consumes more power than either a 6770 or 6850.

Top Bottom