Please suggest a gaming PC within 25-30k

nitin.pant

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to buy an affordable gaming rig. Max budget 25-30k. Please give suggestions. Intel or otherwise, doesnt matter to me. I wanna play GTA4, crysis, half life2 etc

1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A:Gaming only.
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 30k
4. Planning to overclock?
A: No
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: .5-1 TB
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 19' or more
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 6
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Within 2-3 months
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: No
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Sound card,cooling systems
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Delhi only
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Budget Gaming PC without original OS.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2-3 month later is a long time later. better bump this thread a week before you buy your hardware. cause till than many new components will be released.

OP
nitin.pant

nitin.pant

Right off the assembly line
i don't think i am going for costly cpus and gpus that are going to be released soon, because newly released are rather costly and i am going for affordable ones. Don't forget my budget is only 30k max. Please suggest some configuration that suits me budget. I can buy sooner that 2-3 months. I set that time frame in mind so that i can research and find the best configuration.

Also, are there any shops in delhi/nehru place where i can buy really good looking PC cabinets?

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
it isn't only about the new components. When new components are launched, there is a possibility of a price cut in the older components. Still, if you would like to have the config now, here it is:

AMD Athlon II X4 435 - 5k
GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H - 4.2k
2x2GB Corsair 1333Mhz DDR3 - 4.8k
Zeb Bijli/CM Elite 310 - 1.5k
FSP Saga II 500 - 2.4k
WD Blue/Seagate 500 GB - 1.8k
DVD RW - 1k
HD5670 512MB GDDR5 - 5.2k (Zotac, Sparkle etc. may be preferred)
Logitech Internet Combo - .6k
Dell 20" - 6.5K (If not found, go for benQ or AOC)

Total - 33k

Don't worry about the extra 3k, if you buy after 2 months, prices would have fallen that much. Anyways the street prices are lower.

Don't go by the looks of the cabinet, not all cabinets are good. Go for bijli or elite 310. Other options are CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k, NZXT Gamma @ 2k.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ 3.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5K
2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.5k
MSI 5770 Hawk Edition @ 9.5k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB @ 2k
Corsair CX400W @ 2.8k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Dell S2009W 20" @ 6.8k

Total - 33.1k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
hmmm....
that looks much better. And who knows, maybe he'll be able to squeeze in an X4 along with 5770 by the time he buys the PC.

Top Bottom